inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nicole Richie Meat shocker!

Written By: sippiecup on 10/02/06 at 11:34 am

So i'm sure everyone agrees Nicole Richie is a waif...and needs to eat... While answering one of the game questions on aol's Gold Rush, I was shocked to discover some interesting information---that she DOES eat meat! Veal to be exact! ha... Wouldn't be able to guess that one...i got the question wrong! boo...gotta start over again. At least gimme something to show for Richie!

Subject: Re: Nicole Richie Meat shocker!

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/06 at 2:03 pm

::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/02/06 at 2:33 pm

I got a "meat shocker" for Nicole Ritchie.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/06 at 2:42 pm

I got a "meat shocker" for Nicole Ritchie.   ;D

When they say Nicole Richie sucks, I don't think that's what they mean ;D :D ;D :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/02/06 at 3:11 pm

When they say Nicole Richie sucks, I don't think that's what they mean ;D :D ;D :D
Hey, that's not what I meant! Get your mind out of the gutter! 

I, of course, was referring to a cattle prod.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/06 at 3:24 pm

Hey, that's not what I meant! Get your mind out of the gutter! 

I, of course, was referring to a cattle prod.  ::)

;D

sure you were

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/06 at 8:11 pm

She's a waif because certain substances kill your appetite.  It's like a song her old man wrote, "Living on the Ceiling," if ya know what I'm saying!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_shaking2.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/03/06 at 12:57 am

She's a waif because certain substances kill your appetite.  It's like a song her old man wrote, "Living on the Ceiling," if ya know what I'm saying!

Yeah ummm, the song isn't called "Living on the Ceiling".  It's called "Dancing on the Ceiling". 

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 1:48 am

I think MAx has his 80s songs all mixed up ;D

Lionel Richie was Dancing on the Ceiling
Blancmange were Living on the Ceiling

"You raise me and then you let me fall"

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/06 at 1:55 am

Who says Nicole is too skinny?  I saw her on the E! The Hollywood Story about Paris and Nikki Hilton the other day and she looked hot.

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 1:57 am

Who says Nicole is too skinny?  I saw her on the E! The Hollywood Story about Paris and Nikki Hilton the other day and she looked hot.

All the late night talk hosts are making jokes that she is skinny.  Could be doctored up photos.  I never thought she was skinny.  She's thin, but good thin

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/03/06 at 1:57 am

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8342/nicolerichiebeach01yq2.th.jpg

That picture was taken 2 months ago.  Tell me that's healthy, hot, sexy or any other positive adjective.  She looks like a stick figure who can't eat more than a piece of bread and cup of water a day.  She looks utterly and completely revolting.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/06 at 2:04 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/03/06 at 2:04 am

I'd party with her...  :P

You must have a thing for f*cking Skeletor.

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 2:20 am

so would i 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/03/06 at 2:21 am

I have no clue how you find that bag of bones attractive.  She looks like she's on heroin.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/03/06 at 2:22 am

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/03/06 at 6:38 am

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/03/06 at 6:40 am

just out of curiosity....are there any famous women that you WOULDN'T "party" with? ???

Written By: Mushroom on 10/03/06 at 3:27 pm

... she DOES eat meat! Veal to be exact! ha...

Oh I bet the PETA people just love that! 

And somehow, it just seems appropriate.  Veal comes from anaemic calves, and Nicole looks anemic.  I guess the saying is true: You Are What You Eat.

And that picture is just plain gross.  I bet if George Harrison was still alive, he would be holding a benefit concert for Ms. Richie.  Another few more pounds, and she could double for Karen Carpenter.

And I agree, I much prefer women with curves, and a healthy amount of flesh.  It is just wrong that our society so often tries to convince women that unless you can see their ribs and hip bones protruding, that they are "fat".  It leads to countless deaths and illnesses from eating disorders.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/06 at 8:01 pm

just out of curiosity....are there any famous women that you WOULDN'T "party" with? ???

Hmmm... Let's see...

Yeah.  Bea Arthur.  I do not think I would party with her.  And Susan Saradon.

There's two for starters.

Oh yeah, and Sandra Bernhard too.

I would not party with just anyone.  I am discriminating.  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/03/06 at 8:02 pm

Hmmm... Let's see...

I would not party with just anyone.  I am discriminating.   :P

:D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 8:06 pm

Hmmm... Let's see...

How about ...

Estelle Getty
Carol Channing
Betty White
Doris Roberts

;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/03/06 at 11:41 pm

Hmmm... Let's see...

I would not party with just anyone.  I am discriminating.  :P

I'd party with Susan Sarandon..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/06 at 1:07 am

[quote author=

Written By: Mushroom on 10/04/06 at 9:32 am

Hmmm... Let's see...

And Susan Saradon.

Hell, here you go, making me show my age again.

Of course, I remember her from Rocky Horror.  How could you not wanna party with Janet (biatch)?

Written By: KKay on 10/04/06 at 9:37 am

So i'm sure everyone agrees Nicole Richie is a waif...and needs to eat...

well, she needs to eat if we want her to live.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/06 at 7:08 pm

Hmmm... Let's see...

Helen Thomas?

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/04/06 at 11:43 pm

Hell, here you go, making me show my age again.

Of course, I remember her from Rocky Horror.  How could you not wanna party with Janet (biatch)?

I think shes still hot. She should hardly be grouped in with Bea Arthur. Thats just bad taste.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/07/06 at 11:58 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/08/06 at 1:10 pm

In case there were still people who think she's not too skinny......

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9963/nicole16qx1.th.jpg

LOOK AT HER LEGS!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/08/06 at 1:20 pm

[quote author=

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/06 at 2:18 pm

I'm truly wish this old saw did not still apply:

You can never be too thin or too rich.

:-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/08/06 at 2:30 pm

[quote author=

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/08/06 at 2:40 pm

Sad that it has become popularly acceptable to make fun of people just because they are skinny.  "Real women have to have curves", "She needs to eat a burger", "Turn her sideways and stick out her tongue and she'd look like a zipper".

If somebody came on here ragging on fat people there would be a major revolt.  But if somebody is skinny, they are therefore disgusting and nobody believes that anybody could be attracted to them.  >:(
(+1 karma to LyricBoy)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/08/06 at 2:42 pm

Sad that it has become popularly acceptable to make fun of people just because they are skinny.  "Real women have to have curves", "She needs to eat a burger", "Turn her sideways and stick out her tongue and she'd look like a zipper".

If somebody came on here ragging on fat people there would be a major revolt.  But if somebody is skinny, they are therefore disgusting and nobody believes that anybody could be attracted to them.  >:(

Correction my dear.....there's a difference between skinny and looking like you've got an eating disorder.  My friend is skinny, but she's the target weight for her height and her legs don't look like fireplace pokers.  Nicole Richie is TOO SKINNY and anyone who doesn't see that, doesn't want to. 

No one said that skinny people are disgusting and that no one should be attracted to them.  There's plenty of drop-dead gorgeous women who are thin.  However, overly thin people who look like they're days from death are disgusting. 

I hope that clarifies things.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/08/06 at 6:29 pm

[quote author=

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/08/06 at 6:32 pm

(+1 karma to LyricBoy)

Muchas gracias, amigo...  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/08/06 at 7:48 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/06 at 7:56 pm

U know what would be a shocker?  If Nicole Richie had "meat"

Is that a bulge in your pants, or are you happy to see me?  From Nicole Richie to Nick Richie ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/06 at 12:00 am

If somebody came on here ragging on fat people there would be a major revolt. 

Now, I just can't imagine who on here would ever do a thing like that!

Written By: Jessica on 10/09/06 at 8:59 am

But was it sad for you when it was popularly acceptable to make fun of obese people? For many years now, heavier women have gotten slammed with gross and insulting behavior towards their size. They've been treated like whores at times because men know that their self esteem is shot and they'll do anything. Now that thinner people are getting a taste of what it is to be picked on all the time, you're crying foul. That doesn't sit right with me.

No, there is nothing wrong to be thin in a HEALTHY and NATURAL way. Nicole Richie is not healthy in the least. That is glaringly obvious from that last picture. She was gorgeous when I first started hearing about her. Now she's just sad. She needs a lot of help.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/09/06 at 6:11 pm

But was it sad for you when it was popularly acceptable to make fun of obese people?

Yes, indeed it was.  I've never been "fat" but some close friends and relatives have been, and in school it sucked when I saw fat kids made fun of.

Thus my same opinion of "skinny bashing".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/06 at 8:18 pm

But was it sad for you when it was popularly acceptable to make fun of obese people? For many years now, heavier women have gotten slammed with gross and insulting behavior towards their size. They've been treated like whores at times because men know that their self esteem is shot and they'll do anything. Now that thinner people are getting a taste of what it is to be picked on all the time, you're crying foul. That doesn't sit right with me.

No, there is nothing wrong to be thin in a HEALTHY and NATURAL way. Nicole Richie is not healthy in the least. That is glaringly obvious from that last picture. She was gorgeous when I first started hearing about her. Now she's just sad. She needs a lot of help.

Karma point for Jessica.  Fat women get ridiculed most cruelly.  The rationale for cruelty is it's not healthy to be obese and if these broads exercised more and didn't stuff their faces with bon-bons, they wouldn't be so fat.  You try to explain about hormonal conditions and so forth, and these guys just say you're making excuses for them. 
It isn't even just obese women.  It's women who don't have the Vogue model body type.  I start to suspect a lot of thse jerks who bash women for their weight would rather go out with 14 year old boys.  That's what "models" actually look like!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 3:46 am

I was visiting one of the many trashy blogs that I love so, and I came across this picture of a model.......on a runway......wearing a designer dress.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9948/r1556750300qa8.th.jpg

I can't believe anyone would find that attractive.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/10/06 at 5:37 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 5:55 am

The world don't move
To the beat of just one drum
What might be right for you
Might not be right for some
..It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world

:)

I don't think you seem to understand the issue here.  It's not skinny women, it's not thin women.  It's women who are so skinny, they are unhealthy.  You cannot look at that woman and tell me she is healthy.  No healthily skinny woman shows rib bones and clavicles. 

It's not about "Different Strokes", it's about recognizing unhealthy behavior. 

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 5:58 am

Those pictures are horrific, she looks like a Belsen victim!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 6:06 am

Those pictures are horrific, she looks like a Belsen victim!

I don't understand why the fashion industry allows this.  If you want thin models on the runway as opposed to larger women, fine.  But choose models who don't look like walking advertisements for anorexia.

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 6:32 am

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 6:33 am

[quote author=

Written By: Jessica on 10/10/06 at 10:02 am

man, and then we wonder why there are so many anorexic/bulimic teenagers in society ::)

For reals. I just spent a few minutes googling "anorexia" "anorexic models" "super thin". What I found was astounding: a blogring of women and teenagers all suffering from some sort of eating disorder. I also noticed a common theme in their blogs: pictures of the super skinny models, and under the space for "Expertise", they all put, "nothing". So you can't tell me that having women who look like a good meal is needed are the ideal role models in society...not when it comes to fasting for a week (like one girl was doing), or having a f*cking anorexic's cookbook posted up on your blog!

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 10:32 am

For reals. I just spent a few minutes googling "anorexia" "anorexic models" "super thin". What I found was astounding: a blogring of women and teenagers all suffering from some sort of eating disorder. I also noticed a common theme in their blogs: pictures of the super skinny models, and under the space for "Expertise", they all put, "nothing". So you can't tell me that having women who look like a good meal is needed are the ideal role models in society...not when it comes to fasting for a week (like one girl was doing), or having a f*cking anorexic's cookbook posted up on your blog!
I've heard about these sites where people like Victoria Beckham and Nicole Ritchie are called 'thinspiration'.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/10/06 at 10:49 am

[quote author=

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 4:14 pm

Hate to tell you this but that picture is supposedly photoshopped (according to other websites I've seen it on)  BUT, she is disgustingly thin.  I've battled anorexia/bulimia and people like her are the exact reason I stopped.  Even at my worst, I never wanted to be that thin.

Now, before people start bashing me for "making fun" of thin people, let me reiterate that I used to be that thin when I was younger.  I constantly got people making the "eat a sandwich" comments and there was nothing I could do about it.  SHE, however, is NOT "naturally" that thin. that would be a short one..... :-[ I know, bad joke :-[
That is the difference with people like her and Victoria Beckham or Kate Bosworth we have all seen the pictures and film evidence of them BEFORE they became the size they are so you can see it's not 'natural'.

Written By: Mushroom on 10/10/06 at 4:42 pm

[quote author=

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/06 at 5:03 pm

That is not skinny.  That's starving! 

I remember hearing about a pro-anorexia site on which girls and women were sharing tips on how best to starve themselves,  I don't rember the URL.  it was pretty sick.

I had a girlfriend inthe early '90s who was a recovering anorexic.  She had gotten so bad at one point she was hospitalized and connected to tubes.  It was damn close to fatal.  Even a couple of years into the recovery process, she was still suffering symptoms.  She still appeared cachectic.

Starvation can scramble a lot of different biological functions even after you have returned to a sustainable weight. 

So, no, it's not glamorous, it's dangerous.  Nicole Ritchie could conceivably die from this.  Not a cheery thought.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/11/06 at 1:25 am

Nicole Ritchie could conceivably die from this.  Not a cheery thought.

O RLY?  Personally, I'm not seeing any downside here.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/11/06 at 2:44 am

O RLY?  Personally, I'm not seeing any downside here.

So you want her to die?  What did she do that warrants death? 

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/18/06 at 2:46 am

So you want her to die?  What did she do that warrants death? 

"Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, 1973

I can't say I care either way, but if she were to die while doing something stupid, and "not eating a sammich because you think you're too fat, even though every guy who walks by is silently thinking that farking you would be like farking a bag of antlers" certainly qualifies, I'd laugh out loud at Darwin's pronunciation of the verdict.

10:1 odds of Nicole biting it due to starvation, 3:1 odds of her biting it to a DUI or other drug-related action, and 1:1 odds that she simply fades out of pop culture over the next 3-5 years, condemned to a future of the occasional appearance on VH1 retrospectives.  If I were her, I'd take the latter option.  But Darwin take the hindmost.  If she dies doing something sufficiently stupid, I'll indulge her with a hearty laugh.

Man, what I wouldn't give for the capital to more precisely define those terms and put up a long-term contract on Tradesports.  Ya, rly ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/06 at 12:21 am

"Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."

I can't say I care either way, but if she were to die while doing something stupid, and "not eating a sammich because you think you're too fat, even though every guy who walks by is silently thinking that farking you would be like farking a bag of antlers" certainly qualifies, I'd laugh out loud at Darwin's pronunciation of the verdict.

10:1 odds of Nicole biting it due to starvation, 3:1 odds of her biting it to a DUI or other drug-related action, and 1:1 odds that she simply fades out of pop culture over the next 3-5 years, condemned to a future of the occasional appearance on VH1 retrospectives.  If I were her, I'd take the latter option.  But Darwin take the hindmost.  If she dies doing something sufficiently stupid, I'll indulge her with a hearty laugh.

Man, what I wouldn't give for the capital to more precisely define those terms and put up a long-term contract on Tradesports.   Ya, rly ;)

Robert Heinlen was a fascist.  No, not figuratively.  Literally!

It's not stupidity so much as self-hatred that causes a person to do what Ms. Ritchie is doing to herself.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/19/06 at 12:20 pm

Man, what I wouldn't give for the capital to more precisely define those terms and put up a long-term contract on Tradesports.  Ya, rly ;)

How wonderful you are...

Check for new replies or respond here...