inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What are these shades, I seem to see more people with them in 2006.

Written By: AstronautXKid on 10/10/06 at 10:14 am

There is a new type of sunglasses / shades that have began making an apperance around my city. Actually, I think they are a revival from possible the 70's (?). Circular framed glasses with dark lens. I can't be sure, one thing for sure is I really dig them.

Here is a picture, kind of. I wouldn't mind a pair, they are the only sunglasses I could see myself wearing.

If anyone had a name for the ones below. They are circular framed, with dark lens. Both males and females wear, I'm looking for the male ones, something to do with "Aviators", no?

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9329/aviatorsio9.gif

Someone may want to move this, I'm sorry. I just am a little confused with where this could go. It is something related to the year of 2006 and with all of the "penguin" use on the forum index I am a little confused and having a little trouble finding out where this would go, hahah.

Thank you in advance nonetheless.  :)

Subject: Re: What are these shades, I seem to see more people with them in 2006.

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 10:16 am

Aviators is correct

http://www.notdesigner.com/show_category.php?cPath=24_76

Subject: Re: What are these shades, I seem to see more people with them in 2006.

Written By: AstronautXKid on 10/10/06 at 10:53 am

Thank you, Karen.

Appreciate it.  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/10/06 at 10:55 am

Rayban makes the "actual" "Aviators".

Subject: Aviator shades

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/11/06 at 1:40 am

They are circular framed, with dark lens. Both males and females wear, I'm looking for the male ones, something to do with "Aviators", no?

Yep, those are Aviator sunglasses.  The good news is they cover as much of the eye as possible, from as many angles as possible, while obscuring as little of your peripheral vision as possible.  Great for flying glasses, where you need  to be able to see in every direction simultaneously, no matter where the sun is... and pretty damn good for driving glasses, where you should be doing the same thing for the plane of your car's motion.

The bad news is that you look like a cop.  There's places where that'll get you shot.  There's places where it'll make you invisible to police radar.  Most of the time, these places overlap. The world's funny that way.

I'm glad they're fashionable again.  Less worry about the former, and I'll take my chances with the latter.

Written By: AstronautXKid on 10/11/06 at 5:17 am

They aren't worn my police around here. I think that is in America, yeh?

Well mum has been telling me to buy a pair of sunnies for Summer. I don't really need a pair but they'll be something good to get.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/11/06 at 11:10 am

I have some brown ones and I don't think I look like a cop in them (I'll have to ask around though and see if I do.)  I'm sure you can find some at your local mall.  I think they are very cool.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...