inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sara Evans Quits "Dancing", Files for Divorce

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/13/06 at 5:50 pm

News wires report that country songbird Sara Evans has abruptly quit her spot on "Dancing with the Stars", concurrent with divorcing her husband of 13 years.

Apparently while she was out doing her dance moves, hubby was partying with other women, soliciting perverted sex on the internet, and watching Johnny Wadd movies at home.  In her divorce filing she alleges that she found over 100 photos of him, naked and an in "aroused" state.  :o

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/ENTERTAINMENT06/61013002

That's all from the entertainment front for now...  :P

Subject: Re: Sara Evans Quits "Dancing", Files for Divorce

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/06 at 6:00 pm

This is good news for guys around the world.  Sara Evans is very easy on the eyes

http://au.i1.yimg.com/movies.aunz.yimg.com/2005/photos/main/46292.jpg

But there is one question that inquring minds want to know ...

Would LyricBoy party with her? ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/13/06 at 6:04 pm

that's really sad..last i saw from her was an interview going on and on about how happy and wonderful everything was in her marriage..obviously an old interview  :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/13/06 at 7:06 pm

Wow....a celebrity is divorcing.  Breaking news at 11.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/13/06 at 10:09 pm

This is good news for guys around the world.  Sara Evans is very easy on the eyes

http://au.i1.yimg.com/movies.aunz.yimg.com/2005/photos/main/46292.jpg

But there is one question that inquring minds want to know ...

Would LyricBoy party with her? ;D

Of course I am a nothing if not a gentleman.

Ask me that question after her divorce is final.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/06 at 11:40 am

Apparently while she was out doing her dance moves, hubby was partying with other women, soliciting perverted sex on the internet, and watching Johnny Wadd movies at home.  In her divorce filing she alleges that she found over 100 photos of him, naked and an in "aroused" state.  :o

Now see here, Evans has performed on FOX News numerous times.  Sean Hannity picked one of her songs for his radio theme.  Her style of "country music"* has been billed as downhome American music.  The above as an acurate depiction of the modern downhome Amherican husband.  If you give your Middle American husband a computer, a digital camera, and a DVD player, that's what he's gonna do!  Let little Sara move on to the next Prince Valiant.  She'll only discover the same thing!
;D

*it's not bona-fide country music, it's Top 40 pop with a slight twang.

Written By: spaceace on 10/14/06 at 2:22 pm

And we haven't had any REAL country music since ladies like Tammy, Dolly and Reba! :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/06 at 3:42 pm

REAL country music is about the struggles of the working man.  FOX country music is a tool of the military-industrial complex.

Written By: spaceace on 10/14/06 at 4:13 pm

Opps, forgot about Lorretta,  "Coal Miner's Daughter".  You're right though Max.  "Country Music" today, is not Country Music. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/06 at 5:19 pm

Opps, forgot about Lorretta,  "Coal Miner's Daughter".  You're right though Max.  "Country Music" today, is not Country Music. :P

Ironically, Sean Hannity even misunderstood the lyrics of Evans' song "Independence Day," which he uses on his obnoxious radio show.  The song is about escaping from domestic violence.  The extant lyrics sound jingoistic if you don't understand the song.  I don't care for the song itself, and I hate Evans' singing voice.

Written By: spaceace on 10/14/06 at 5:31 pm

Actually I believe "Independence Day" was done by Martina Mc Bride.  But I know what you mean.  It's all the same cr**. :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/14/06 at 5:38 pm

Ironically, Sean Hannity even misunderstood the lyrics of Evans' song "Independence Day," which he uses on his obnoxious radio show.  The song is about escaping from domestic violence.  The extant lyrics sound jingoistic if you don't understand the song.  I don't care for the song itself, and I hate Evans' singing voice.

That's Martina McBride, not Sara Evans.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/06 at 8:56 pm

Actually I believe "Independence Day" was done by Martina Mc Bride.  But I know what you mean.  It's all the same cr**. :)

Oh yeah, my mistake, it was Martina.  I don't like her singing voice either!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/14/06 at 9:42 pm

Oh yeah, my mistake, it was Martina.  I don't like her singing voice either!

She has one of the purest voices in the genre.  You should listen to an album of her material.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/15/06 at 8:50 am

REAL country music is about the struggles of the working man.  FOX country music is a tool of the military-industrial complex.

So in the bigger picture, the heinous behaviour of "Mr. Evans" can be blamed on George Bush, Rummy, and their ilk.  ;)

According to the detailed news stories about the divorce filing, hubby must be a blues/rock fan too, as he wanted to be somebody's "Back Door Man".  ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/06 at 12:44 pm

So in the bigger picture, the heinous behaviour of "Mr. Evans" can be blamed on George Bush, Rummy, and their ilk.  ;)

Oh, no sir, Bush, Rummy, and their ilk would never tolerate such behavior!

According to the detailed news stories about the divorce filing, hubby must be a blues/rock fan too, as he wanted to be somebody's "Back Door Man".   ;D ;D

There's a lot of that among good ole country boys, too.  Don't forget the sheep!

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/15/06 at 1:19 pm

Oh, no sir, Bush, Rummy, and their ilk would never tolerate such behavior!
There's a lot of that among good ole country boys, too.  Too forget the sheep!

Ned Beatty and the banjo guy would be proud.

;D ;D

Written By: spaceace on 10/15/06 at 1:34 pm

And we've come sooo far. ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/16/06 at 2:50 pm

She has one of the purest voices in the genre.  You should listen to an album of her material.

I agree. Martina is good, although, I'd like to see her to more pop. Maybe she could do more stuff like Nelly Furtado - she needs to be tainted by pop  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/17/06 at 6:28 am

There's a lot of that among good ole country boys, too.  Don't forget the sheep!

Brokeback Mountain anyone?

Written By: spaceace on 10/17/06 at 11:59 am

Yes, well at least in "Brokeback Mountain"  they had the decency to leave the poor sheep alone. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/06 at 11:01 pm

Yes, well at least in "Brokeback Mountain"  they had the decency to leave the poor sheep alone. ;)

That's the sequel (or should I say "bo-peep-uel"?)

LAMBCHOP HILL
:P

Written By: spaceace on 10/18/06 at 1:55 pm

YEEEOOOWWW!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Check for new replies or respond here...