inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Actor Harrison Ford 'fit' to play Indiana Jones

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/06 at 1:12 am

Actor Harrison Ford first took on the role of Indiana Jones 25 years ago says that he feels "fit" at the age of 64 to reprise the role of action hero Indiana Jones.
Ford, who last played the part in 1989's The Last Crusade, said he could "bring the same physical action" to a fourth movie.

Subject: Re: Actor Harrison Ford 'fit' to play Indiana Jones

Written By: Davester on 10/24/06 at 2:14 am

I have my doubts about that, but, who knows..?

I'm not ready for Indiana Jones IV.  Why the hell didn't Georgie consider this back in the early nineties.?!  Too busy churning out duds and that insipid Young Indiana Jones...

Bah..!

Written By: Mushroom on 10/24/06 at 10:39 am

I have my doubts about that, but, who knows..?

I'm not ready for Indiana Jones IV.  Why the hell didn't Georgie consider this back in the early nineties.?!  Too busy churning out duds and that insipid Young Indiana Jones...

Actually there were some talks in the mid 1990's to bring out another movie.  However, Speilburg and Ford were both tied up with other long-term projects, and were unable to participate.  Speilburg was commited to the Jurrasic Park movies, and Schindler's List.  Ford was comitted to the Tom Clancy works.  Lucas went ahead and worked with the only person from the old cast that was available, River Phoenix.

That series was successful because of the three main forces behind it, Lucas, Speilburg, and Ford.  A sequal with only 1 or 2 of those would simply not have been the same.  And this is the first in a long time that all 3 have been available to actually work on one.  The rumors actually started to surface back in 2000 about the 4th movie, but once again various obligations (and script rewrites) kept it on hold for ages.

And this is not to unusual.  George Hamilton started work on "Love At First Bite II" back in 1981, but obligations among the rest of the cast meant it got put on permanent limbo.  The Godfather IV was also in pre-production when it finally died and was put away.  Although Francis Coppola has been considering trying to bring it back since 2002.

Written By: Matthias on 10/24/06 at 12:23 pm

Any idea when this movie is scedualed to aire?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/06 at 12:47 pm

Probably not the correct title, but Indiana Jones 4 is set for 2008.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/06 at 6:36 pm

I think they should make the "last" in "The Last Crucade" mean what it says.  'Nuff said.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/24/06 at 11:08 pm

well The Last Crusade doesn't mean The Last Movie.

If they have a good script,get Spielberg back in the director's chair and Ford really can do the action then I look forward to another Indiana Jones outing, though I wish they'd been able to do it earlier.

Written By: Davester on 04/01/07 at 3:21 pm

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/IndyIV.jpg

Indiana Jones to Start Production in 2007

I've had a change of heart and can't help getting excited about this.  I remember being on pins-and-needles for months before IJ&TOD was released and seeing it opening day...

"Indiana Jones IV" is the working title and the confirmed release date of Thursday, May 22, 2008 is about right for IJ and SW releases - late May...

I'm stoked..!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 4:19 pm

INDIANA JONES IV:

Brought to you by

CELEBREX

Written By: danootaandme on 04/01/07 at 5:05 pm

Sean Connery did a good job reprising 007 in "Never Say Never Again" only because they didn't pretend that he hadn't aged since his last Bond stint.  If Ford wants to pull this off he will have to do the same thing

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 5:43 pm

Sean Connery did a good job reprising 007 in "Never Say Never Again" only because they didn't pretend that he hadn't aged since his last Bond stint.  If Ford wants to pull this off he will have to do the same thing

To be true to the time lapse between the original Raiders and the 4th installment, they should set IV in 1961.  They could certainly make a great adventure screenplay with a 65-year-old Dr. Jones, just don't play it like he's 35!
::)

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 8:51 pm

i heard it's gonna have an amazing wheelchair chase in it.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/02/07 at 6:04 pm

i heard it's gonna have an amazing wheelchair chase in it.

Then then of course those clothes, the hat, the coat, the orthopedic shoes.  New Balance tends to be popular with the over 50 crowd(I have a pair of the 811s myself)    ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/02/07 at 8:20 pm

I'm already waiting to see it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/07 at 10:37 am

Film star Harrison Ford has marked his 65th birthday while filming the fourth Indiana Jones film in Hawaii.

Written By: spaceace on 07/15/07 at 11:33 am

Wonder if he can do the one arm push-up bit like Jack Palance used to?

Written By: Davester on 07/15/07 at 1:57 pm

Film star Harrison Ford has marked his 65th birthday while filming the fourth Indiana Jones film in Hawaii.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0144.gif

Written By: Davester on 07/15/07 at 2:27 pm

So far, looks like:

Harrison Ford as Indy...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/cate_blanchett_update07.jpg Cate Blanchett

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/RayWinstone.jpg Ray Winstone

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/ShiaLaBeouf.jpg Shia LaBeouf (Possibly Indy's son...)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/John-Hurt.jpg John Hurt

Sean Connery on reprising his role as Indy's Pop, "...retirement is just too damned much fun..."

groove ;) on, Sean..!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/07 at 2:31 pm

Any idea when this movie is scedualed to aire?
The Released Dates for the Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures are:

Belgium 21 May 2008 
Egypt 21 May 2008 
France 21 May 2008 
Argentina 22 May 2008 
Australia 22 May 2008 
Germany 22 May 2008 
Netherlands 22 May 2008 
Norway 22 May 2008 
Serbia 22 May 2008 
South Korea 22 May 2008 
Spain 22 May 2008 
Sweden 22 May 2008 
UK 22 May 2008 
USA 22 May 2008 
Mexico 23 May 2008 
Turkey 23 May 2008 

Check for new replies or respond here...