inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV show Still Standing

Written By: Lindee on 10/25/06 at 9:51 am

Anybody watch this show? I just discovered it recently (reruns on Lifetime).The parents are played by Jami Gertz and Mark Addy were children of the 70s. They make  alot of references to 70s music and other things.

Subject: Re: TV show Still Standing

Written By: nally on 10/25/06 at 11:44 am

Still Standing? I think it's on CBS (that is, the new eps) unless it got canned.

Edit: Yep, it's done. It ran for four seasons (2002-06) on CBS.

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/06 at 1:58 pm

CBS did cancel it yes, which pissed me off.  It was one of my favourite shows  :\'(

Written By: nally on 10/25/06 at 4:14 pm

CBS did cancel it yes, which pissed me off.  It was one of my favourite shows  :\'(

They also seem to have canned "Courting Alex" (a show I seemed to enjoy) after only eight episodes, the last of which aired on March 29th. :-[ D@mn that Amazing Race! >:(

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/25/06 at 4:18 pm

Never seen it. The networks over here have a knack for show potentionally good shows like this at ridiculous times like 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon or 11:30 on a Monday night.

Written By: woops on 10/25/06 at 4:28 pm

Ashley Tisdale appeared on a few episodes as one of the kids' girlfriend named Bonnie

She looked different, though her hair and she was about 16

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/06 at 5:46 pm

They also seem to have canned "Courting Alex" (a show I seemed to enjoy) after only eight episodes, the last of which aired on March 29th. :-[ D@mn that Amazing Race! >:(

I liked Courting Alex.  Seems like they get rid of all the good shows and replace them with more Reality Shows  >:(

Written By: nally on 10/25/06 at 11:48 pm

I liked Courting Alex.

Yeah, I did too. Jenna Elfman was cool. I liked the character that she played. ;D

Seems like they get rid of all the good shows and replace them with more Reality Shows  >:(

Yeah, I HIW that happens. Even GSN has done that in recent years. ::)

Written By: nally on 06/10/09 at 10:59 pm

I was just going thru some older posts, and I happened to come across this one.

Ashley Tisdale appeared on a few episodes as one of the kids' girlfriend named Bonnie

She looked different, though her hair and she was about 16

I did happen to see this episode not too long ago...and it was a Valentine-themed episode that aired in 2003. Miss Tisdale would've been 17 1/2 at that time, and yeah, her hair was dark and curly. Two years later it looked completely different!

Check for new replies or respond here...