inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: anyone watching the View?

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/06 at 1:31 am

love the view especially when they fight... I know I should have higher standards but I don't

Just wondering if anyone has old episodes on tape I am looking for the clip Kathy Griffin references in her Allegedly act.

Also looking for the clip where Norm MacDonald pisses off Barbara it was either his NY apperance or LA apperance. Actually I want to see both.

Subject: Re: anyone watching the View?

Written By: whistledog on 11/02/06 at 1:32 am

I haven't watched the View since they axed Debbie Matenopolous (sp?).  I loved her 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 11/02/06 at 10:29 am

I work for a living, so am not able to watch daytime TV shows.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/06 at 9:05 pm

Just wait a sec there, bud.  A lot of folks who work for a living don't work 9-5.  Some of us have flexible schedules.  Some of us work from home nowadys, as you know.  I work sometimes at the office and sometimes at home.

I don't watch daytime TV because every time I do, I wish I had done something else instead!  I wouldn't watch "The View" at any hour.  No thanks!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/02/06 at 9:06 pm

Since when does working for a living equate to not watching daytime TV?

Written By: Brian06 on 11/02/06 at 9:07 pm

Since when does working for a living equate to not watching daytime TV?

That's true some people work in the evening or overnight.

Written By: Jessica on 11/02/06 at 10:12 pm

So your logic is that anyone who watches daytime TV shows doesn't earn a living? Brilliant! ::)

I stay home all day, but I do work. I'm a MOTHER.

That said, I don't watch daytime TV because I'm either 1. taking care of/playing with my son or 2. running errands/cleaning the apartment/general stuff.

I do, however, like to get snippets from "The View" when they're fighting. Nothing more entertaining that a bunch of middle aged women ragging on each other. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/02/06 at 10:17 pm

So your logic is that anyone who watches daytime TV shows doesn't earn a living? Brilliant! ::)

I stay home all day, but I do work. I'm a MOTHER.

That said, I don't watch daytime TV because I'm either 1. taking care of/playing with my son or 2. running errands/cleaning the apartment/general stuff.

I do, however, like to get snippets from "The View" when they're fighting. Nothing more entertaining that a bunch of middle aged women ragging on each other. :)

I hear ya Jessica!

I catch parts of it from time to time...I love that Elizabeth (that was on Survivor) that is on there...she is a cutie pie. ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/03/06 at 2:17 am

I have never heard of this show, but we do get our fair share of ilk during the daytime (or anytime) on TV.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/06 at 2:25 am

first of all I do work living. I work at a 24 hour facility and we revolve shifts every four months. I work 12 hours a day four days a week and also work overtime...

Don't know if you ever heard of it but there is this revolutionary invention out there that actually records programs right from your TV. In the old days they called these electronic devices VCRs but now in the digital age its referred to as TIVO.  Amazingly, it allows someone who is a fan of daytime tv to watch daytime tv *gasp* at night.

Who'd a thunk it possible?  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/06 at 5:17 pm

A lot of these "I work for a living" guys still find time during the workday to listen to Rush Limbaugh!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/03/06 at 9:10 pm

Not if I can really help it...

Written By: nally on 11/06/06 at 4:27 pm

I sometimes watch it when "The Price Is Right" goes to a commercial break. Seeing those women sit around a table and talking is certainly more fun than watching any commercial. ::) Sometimes they have interesting guests. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/06 at 5:41 pm

When I was bushwhacked(unemployed) I would occasionally catch The View, but I can't can't can't stand Meredith Viera and the little twerp Hassleback, Star Jones is a high maintenance, I'm a little princess, idiot.  The only one I could stomach for more than 5 minutes was Joy Behar, who I do like.  Not worth watching in my view.

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/06 at 12:19 am

When I was bushwhacked(unemployed) I would occasionally catch The View, but I can't can't can't stand Meredith Viera and the little twerp Hassleback, Star Jones is a high maintenance, I'm a little princess, idiot.  The only one I could stomach for more than 5 minutes was Joy Behar, who I do like.  Not worth watching in my view.

Don't know if you heard there have been some interesting changes around the table.  Both Meredith and Star are gone and although Elisabeth is an annoying gnat Rosie and Joy usually shut her out quickly and often!  She has been on the verge of tears a couple of times its been great! 

BTW I liked Meredith, didn't like Star too much, miss Lisa Ling, and dislike Elisabeth and absolutely HATE Barbara Walters.  Get rid of Barbara (I don't care if its her show!) and we are talking pure entertainment!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/11/06 at 7:27 am

Don't know if you heard there have been some interesting changes around the table.  Both Meredith and Star are gone and although Elisabeth is an annoying gnat Rosie and Joy usually shut her out quickly and often!  She has been on the verge of tears a couple of times its been great! 

BTW I liked Meredith, didn't like Star too much, miss Lisa Ling, and dislike Elisabeth and absolutely HATE Barbara Walters.  Get rid of Barbara (I don't care if its her show!) and we are talking pure entertainment!

I didn't see much when Lisa Ling was on, but I do think she was much more credible than the little twerp and Meredith.  I haven't seen it with Rosie, but I can just imagine her putting it to little betty.  I didn't know who she was until someone told me she was on Survivor.  Let's see if she is tough enough to survive this.

Written By: nally on 11/11/06 at 1:49 pm

I didn't see much when Lisa Ling was on

Neither did I. I think I may have seen it for the first time in 2003 or so. That's when the lineup of Meredith, Star, Barbara, Joy and Elisabeth (who was my current age at the time) was in existence.

Check for new replies or respond here...