inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Faith Hill "Graciously" Losing.

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/06 at 9:20 am

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Just keep your eyes trained on Faith Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bwMOc0I7Y

I'm not a big country music fan, but I ran across this while reading a stupid blog. I like Faith Hill, but wow. Talk about a hissy fit.

Subject: Re: Faith Hill "Graciously" Losing.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/07/06 at 9:25 am

It's a joke. She's done it before.

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/06 at 9:47 am

Like I said, I don't really like or pay attention to country music, so I didn't know it was her little comedy routine. All I saw was someone who was being a sore loser.

::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/07/06 at 12:27 pm

Like I said, I don't really like or pay attention to country music, so I didn't know it was her little comedy routine. All I saw was someone who was being a sore loser.

There's no need to get snippy. I was just sharing some information.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/06 at 12:28 pm

That was hilarious....joke or not.  I am glad that Carrie won...some new blood every once in awhile doesn't hurt any. :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/06 at 12:53 pm

There's no need to get snippy. I was just sharing some information.  ;)

Don't mind me. I'm cranky. :D

I'd be inclined to believe it was a joke if they didn't show her mouthing what looked like, "I'd better win" at one point (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_P-aYADTkw at about 30 seconds in).

Hell, I'm HOPING it was a joke. She's always seemed like a sweet person who was above doing petty sh*t.

Written By: spaceace on 11/07/06 at 3:57 pm

I heard reports that she mouthed the "F-word" when Carrie won.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/06 at 4:00 pm

I just read a report that it was totally a joke...and that she and Carrie talked and she made it clear that she was just joking around..etc. ;D

Written By: spaceace on 11/07/06 at 4:02 pm

Oh well.  Performers have done much worse things. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/06 at 4:42 pm

I'm an Andy Kaufman fan.  If you're going to fake hurt feelings, do it right.  Storm the stage and start screaming about how the award are rigged and you're gonna sue everybody's azz off!  Then when the crowd boos you, flip them all the bird and call them a bunch of dumb rednecks!  That's who you "fake it"!
;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/07/06 at 7:02 pm

Don't mind me. I'm cranky. :D

I'd be inclined to believe it was a joke if they didn't show her mouthing what looked like, "I'd better win" at one point (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_P-aYADTkw at about 30 seconds in).

Hell, I'm HOPING it was a joke. She's always seemed like a sweet person who was above doing petty sh*t.

I'm PMSing myself. So it's okay!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/06 at 7:03 pm

I'd still party with her.   :P

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 11/07/06 at 7:07 pm

I'm an Andy Kaufman fan.  If you're going to fake hurt feelings, do it right.  Storm the stage and start screaming about how the award are rigged and you're gonna sue everybody's azz off!  Then when the crowd boos you, flip them all the bird and call them a bunch of dumb rednecks!  That's who you "fake it"!
;D

Yeah Andy Kaufman sure knew how to whip an audience into an angry frenzy like no one before or since.  Most of the time people took him seriously but the joke was on them.

Anyhow, what Faith did was typical diva behavior.  What does everyone expect?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/07/06 at 7:08 pm

Yeah Andy Kaufman sure knew how to whip an audience into an angry frenzy like no one before or since.  Most of the time people took him seriously but the joke was on them.

Anyhow, what Faith did was typical diva behavior.  What does everyone expect?

IT WAS A JOKE! 

And besides, like Erin said, Faith talked to Carrie to make sure she knew it was only a joke and that she wasn't serious.

Written By: WalkerP20 on 11/07/06 at 7:35 pm

IT WAS A JOKE! 

And besides, like Erin said, Faith talked to Carrie to make sure she knew it was only a joke and that she wasn't serious.

Right, like Faith Hill would actually tell Carrie Underwood that she was serious and she's pissed she didn't win  ::)  That would really show her character. 

Obviously she told her she was joking to save her image.  She doesn't want to look like a prissy witch in front of Carrie Underwood or the Public

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/07/06 at 10:05 pm

Right, like Faith Hill would actually tell Carrie Underwood that she was serious and she's pissed she didn't win  ::)  That would really show her character. 

Obviously she told her she was joking to save her image.  She doesn't want to look like a prissy witch in front of Carrie Underwood or the Public

I may not know much about country music but everything I've ever read and heard about Faith Hill tells me she's a really sweet person and she's done this thing as a joke several times in the past.  She knows the camera will focus on the people who lost the award so she does something stupid/silly to catch their attention.  I don't for one second believe she's a "prissy witch".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/06 at 10:33 pm

Yeah Andy Kaufman sure knew how to whip an audience into an angry frenzy like no one before or since.  Most of the time people took him seriously but the joke was on them.

Anyhow, what Faith did was typical diva behavior.  What does everyone expect?

To this day some people don't get that Jerry Lawlor was in on it with Kaufman, you know the whole slapping incident on David Letterman, and making fun of everybody in Tennessee and whatnot. 

I'd like Faith Hill to trade places with me for a while.  Let her deal with the angst of the work-a-day stiff.  She would rearrange her priorities pretty quick!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/07/06 at 10:38 pm

To this day some people don't get that Jerry Lawlor was in on it with Kaufman, you know the whole slapping incident on David Letterman, and making fun of everybody in Tennessee and whatnot. 

I'd like Faith Hill to trade places with me for a while.  Let her deal with the angst of the work-a-day stiff.  She would rearrange her priorities pretty quick!

Dude.......she wasn't always wealthy.  She grew up dirt poor.  I think she knows what her priorities are.  Jesus....and people say I have no sense of humor....no one here knows she was joking!

Written By: whistledog on 11/07/06 at 10:41 pm

;D

Now that would be worth seeing ;D

No one pulled the gags quite like Andy

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/06 at 10:58 pm

Now that would be worth seeing ;D

No one pulled the gags quite like Andy

Andy was a rare breed.  Roseanne has some of that, like her performance of the "Star Spangled Banner" before that San Diego Padres game.  First you ask Roseanne to sing the national anthem, then you ask her to bring some humor to the song...what do you think's gonna happen?

Way off topic here.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/07/06 at 11:19 pm

BTW, I was just watching Entertainment Tonight and they showed a clip of this whole thing, and if you actually pay attention to her.....she laughing as she's doing it.  If she's laughing.....I doubt she's serious.  She had this huge grin on her face the whole time.  I would think that if she was genuinely outraged, she'd be scowling.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/06 at 6:37 am

I read, yet another article about this last night....it was concerning the fact that people are still making a huge deal out of it, so other fellow country stars are coming to Faith's defense, stating that she would never be serious about the whole thing.  To me, it seemed like a big joke...I can't believe people are making such a huge deal out of it. ::)

Written By: Jessica on 11/10/06 at 9:51 am

I read, yet another article about this last night....it was concerning the fact that people are still making a huge deal out of it, so other fellow country stars are coming to Faith's defense, stating that she would never be serious about the whole thing.  To me, it seemed like a big joke...I can't believe people are making such a huge deal out of it. ::)

Still? Hell, I forgot about it on Wednesday. :D Seeing this topic just brought it all back.

Written By: Marian on 11/15/06 at 3:00 pm

I'd never seen her do that before.i thought it was funny.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/16/06 at 9:24 am

At least she didn't pull a Kanye West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqC8lu4ChY

What a loser...  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/16/06 at 9:32 am

At least she didn't pull a Kanye West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqC8lu4ChY

What a loser...  ::)

oh man, that guy is the epitome of a loser...I don't know how he can even have a fan base....he has to be one of the most conceited "stars" ever. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/16/06 at 9:34 am

oh man, that guy is the epitome of a loser...I don't know how he can even have a fan base....he has to be one of the most conceited "stars" ever. ::)

After his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment during that Hurricane Katrina benefit (the one where the look on Mike Myers's face said it all), everything that comes out of his mouth goes directly into the toilet.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/06 at 9:36 am

I may not know much about country music but everything I've ever read and heard about Faith Hill tells me she's a really sweet person and she's done this thing as a joke several times in the past.  She knows the camera will focus on the people who lost the award so she does something stupid/silly to catch their attention.  I don't for one second believe she's a "prissy witch".

Yeah, I watched her Behind The Music on VH1 back in 1999 and feel the same way about her. I watched the clip and I agree, it's pretty obvious it's a joke. It was too exaggerated to have been real.

Written By: Tia on 11/16/06 at 10:15 am

those are the whitest people in human history. theyre more than white! they're actually see-through!

reminds me of lindsay lohan's snit with paris hilton. calls her the C-word, then says, oh, well, i was only joking.

Check for new replies or respond here...