inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emmett Smith Tiptoes to the Top in "Dancing with The Stars"

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/06 at 5:50 am

Well Emmett's fancy footwork put him in the pantheon of reality TV the other night, as he handily won the final round in "Dancing with the Stars".

His final dance was a freestyle number done to M.C. Hammer's "You Can't Touch This", complete with the baggy pants.  Indeed, nobody could touch Emmett and his partner.  8)

Congrats Emmett, you are a class act!  :)

Subject: Re: Emmett Smith Tiptoes to the Top in "Dancing with The Stars"

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/17/06 at 7:14 am

Don't know much about Emmett, but just that he danced to "U Can't Touch This" is cool. ;)

I only watched a teeny bit of DWTS when Jerry Springer was on a few weeks ago (just like his political career before it, this was really a nice way to see another side of him).

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/17/06 at 7:18 am

Don't know much about Emmett, but just that he danced to "U Can't Touch This" is cool. ;)

I only watched a teeny bit of DWTS when Jerry Springer was on a few weeks ago (just like his political career before it, this was really a nice way to see another side of him).

You've never heard of Emmett Smith?  He's one of the greatest running backs of all time.  He played for the Dallas Cowboys.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/17/06 at 7:53 am

You've never heard of Emmett Smith?  He's one of the greatest running backs of all time.  He played for the Dallas Cowboys.

Oh yeah, I know him now that you mention it ;) (in the brief snippets I've heard of people talking about the show, people pretty much referred to him as "Emmett", so I'd forgotten which one it was, lol).

Written By: Marian on 11/17/06 at 3:07 pm

he really was good.You wouldn't think a football player could dance well,but he did.

Subject: I Like to Move It in Emmett Smith's Pants

Written By: whistledog on 11/17/06 at 3:10 pm

He sure is a good dancer, and it's good to see that he used a song by a B-list celebrity who I like to think was re-made famous by inthe00s ;D

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/17/06 at 7:59 pm

I was happy to see Emmett win the top prize, as he is such a class act! :)

Written By: nally on 11/20/06 at 4:25 pm

I've been watching this show the last couple weeks. (But I didn't watch the finale last Wednesday.) I wanted Mario to win...but Emmett did well too. Gotta give him credit.

Check for new replies or respond here...