inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashley Tisdale makes a mockery out of a classic Wham! song

Written By: woops on 11/20/06 at 5:11 pm

Ashley Tisdale's gonna cover Wham! "Last Christmas"...  :P

Bet she thinks it's a Nick Lachey song, which he covered a few years ago...  ::)

Debut CD titled "Headstrong"

Ashley Tisdale to Release 3-Song EP December 12th on Warner Bros. Records

"High School Musical" Star Offers Taste of What's to Come on Eagerly Awaited Debut Album, "Headstrong"; Due in Stores February 6th, 2007
BURBANK, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- November 20, 2006 -- Singer-actress Ashley Tisdale, star of the top-rated TV movie "High School Musical," will release a three-song EP on Warner Bros. Records December 12th. The EP will give this multi-talented artist's legions of loyal fans an early taste of the dance-pop that characterizes her first full-length album, entitled "Headstrong," due out on Warner Bros. Records February 6th, 2007.

The EP includes the infectious, hooky "He Said, She Said," co-penned by top songwriter/produce Jonathan "JR" Rotem (Britney Spears, Destiny's Child, Rihanna), Evan "Kidd" Bogart (Rihanna), and Ryan "Alias" Tedder (Jennifer Lopez). It also includes Ashley's 'independence anthem' "Headstrong," co-written by hitmaker trio The Matrix (Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne) and a cover of Wham!'s 1984 holiday favorite "Last Christmas," written by George Michael. "Last Christmas" will be available for digital download on iTunes and the usual online retailers November 21st.

Tisdale hits the road on November 30th with her "High School Musical" co-stars for a nationwide 40-city concert tour in which she performs songs from the movie's triple-platinum-selling soundtrack as well as three tracks from "Headstrong" each night. The EP will be available for purchase on tour.

Recently named one of Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25," Tisdale is also known for her role as Maddie, a hotel candy counter clerk and baby-sitter of devious twin boys on the Disney Channel series "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody." She has also earned enormous popularity from "High School Musical," which premiered in January 2006 and was the highest-rated telecast in Disney Channel history. Tisdale scored a coup when she became the first female artist ever to have two songs -- both from the movie's soundtrack -- debut simultaneously on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.

...Her music is mediocre, not much of a singer, and she definately should stick to acting.

Subject: Re: Ashley Tisdale makes a mockery out of a classic Wham! song

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/06 at 6:47 pm

Only Wham! can sing Last Christmas.  Everyone else ruins it, so it's no surprise.  Dance artist Whigfield had a big hit with it in 1995, and as much as I love Whigfield, her version didn't cut it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/20/06 at 8:19 pm

The way you started this thread title, I thought she shat all over Careless Whisper.  For the record, she better do no such thing.

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 9:58 am

Ya gotta leave WHAM to WHAM!  If anyone tries to do a remake of "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go".  They wouldn't dare. :P

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/06 at 10:47 am

The way you started this thread title, I thought she shat all over Careless Whisper.  For the record, she better do no such thing.

This made me laugh so hard for some reason. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 11:03 am

This made me laugh so hard for some reason. ;D

Methinks it's the word "shat".  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/06 at 8:35 pm

This should be good....  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/06 at 10:30 pm

Ditto, because that's the only Wham! song I like!

"Last Christmas"?

I like no Christmas songs written after 1900!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/22/06 at 10:32 am

As with much of today's music, it will be complete sheeshe!

Written By: chick09 on 11/22/06 at 5:27 pm

this song was actually very good. Get your heads out of your asses.

sorry you must be people who thinks Sexy Back is a good song

give me a break >:(

Written By: spaceace on 11/22/06 at 5:30 pm

Our heads are out of our asses dearie.  We're all just worried were yours is. ::) http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Written By: Brian06 on 11/22/06 at 5:38 pm

SexyBack > everything Ashley Tisdale.

Written By: spaceace on 11/22/06 at 5:39 pm

SexyBack > everything Ashley Tisdale.

Karma, Buddy!!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/22/06 at 5:41 pm

Ashley Tisdale sucks dead donkey dongs in hell.

Written By: spaceace on 11/22/06 at 5:43 pm

Such language! :o  All though true!!! :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/22/06 at 6:06 pm

Actually, I DO think SexyBack is a good song. Justin Timberlake finally grew up.

Some no talent hack who thinks they can cover something WHAM! did is clearly delusional.

Written By: woops on 11/22/06 at 6:42 pm

Ashley Tisdale is a decent actress with good timing and facial expressions, but should leave singing to the pros...  :P

Jordan Knight made a fairly good take of "Careless Whisper" on his recent "Love Songs" CD, but doesn't top the original...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/06 at 7:06 pm

Honestly, I can't even remember who Ashley Tisdale is!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/06 at 8:46 pm

ya, I don't like her either. I watched about 2 minutes of the music awards last night...and naturally, when I turned it to the show, it was her standing there with the rest of the cast of, "High School Musical"....she seems pretty obnoxious to me. ::)

Written By: nameless on 11/23/06 at 4:34 pm

WHAT!! ASHLEY DID A GOOD JOB ON THAT SONG, GOD GIVE HER SOME CREDIT. NOONE CAN SING IT LIKE WHAM! SHE SANG IT BETTER THAN THE OTHERS. OH AND IF SHE DOES SUCK DONKY DONGS IN HELL THEN HOW COME SHES A STAR. PEOPLE GET A LIFE PLEASE!!!! :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/23/06 at 4:39 pm

WHAT!! ASHLEY DID A GOOD JOB ON THAT SONG, GOD GIVE HER SOME CREDIT. NOONE CAN SING IT LIKE WHAM! SHE SANG IT BETTER THAN THE OTHERS. OH AND IF SHE DOES SUCK DONKY DONGS IN HELL THEN HOW COME SHES A STAR. PEOPLE GET A LIFE PLEASE!!!! :D

She's a star BECAUSE she sucks dead donkey dongs in hell.  If she didn't do that, no one would know who she was.  And we should get a life?  Please.

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 4:44 pm

She's a star BECAUSE she sucks dead donkey dongs in hell.  If she didn't do that, no one would know who she was.  And we should get a life?  Please.

Teeny Boopers must perish by their own pathetic music!!! :) :P

Written By: Brian06 on 11/23/06 at 5:18 pm

hahahahha you think she's a real star.

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 5:36 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif  HOW DARE YOU BRING PETER NOONE INTO THIS!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/06 at 9:15 pm

How come then after she started to sing it, the world's suicide rate increased? ;D

Written By: Paul on 11/24/06 at 7:04 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif  HOW DARE YOU BRING PETER NOONE INTO THIS!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I dunno...

I didn't care much for his cover of 'Leaning On A Lamp-Post'... :P

Written By: Chick09 on 11/24/06 at 10:29 am

Actually, I DO think SexyBack is a good song. Justin Timberlake finally grew up.

Some no talent hack who thinks they can cover something WHAM! did is clearly delusional.

she did a pretty damn good job of it.

Justin Timberlake has no singing talent whatsoever! he did at one point. All his music sounds the same now. IT SUCKS!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/06 at 11:58 am

Only George Michael can sing Last Christmas!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/24/06 at 2:00 pm

she did a pretty damn good job of it.

Justin Timberlake has no singing talent whatsoever! he did at one point. All his music sounds the same now. IT SUCKS!!!

Oh be quiet.  Justin Timberlake has more talent in his left eyelid than Ashley Tisdale will ever have.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/06 at 10:03 pm

So I guess you're not a fan then?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: woops on 11/24/06 at 10:59 pm

Ashley Tisdale is actually a good comedic actress with decent timing and facial expressions... funnier than any female sitcom actress from the past 10 years.

Have anybody seen "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody",  the early episodes... and 10 seconds before flippin' channels doesn't count.

We all had our share of cheesy sitcoms in the past (ie "Saved by the Bell", "Full House", "Beady Bunch", etc) and this is no different...

Though all Disney Products are forced to sing...good thing Scarlett Johansson doens't work for that network

Check for new replies or respond here...