inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kelly Ripa Says Clay Aiken Acted Inappropriately On Her Show

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/20/06 at 10:57 pm

Ok...so, Clay Aiken was guest hosting on "Live with Regis and Kelly"...and they were interviewing the winners of, "Dancing with the Stars"...and of course, as usual, Kelly Ripa was monopolizing the entire interview, asking question after question, not letting Clay get a word in edgewise....so, jokingly, he puts his hand over Kelly's mouth...and she reacts by saying something on the lines of, "Oh, that's a no-no...I don't know where that hand has been".

Here's her response to the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEZ9jkO14I&mode=related&search=

Does she realize how annoying she is? Can she EVER shut the hell up? ::)

Subject: Re: Kelly Ripa Says Clay Aiken Acted Inappropriately On Her Show

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/20/06 at 11:46 pm

I'm not a Clay fan, but I'm less a KRipa fan and he just scored some points with me as I appreciate his ballsy move. nicely done Clay  ;D

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/21/06 at 4:55 am

Heaven knows Reege can't reign her in, so Go, Clay!!!!  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 7:44 am

He should have smacked her.

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 9:00 am

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.  Geez, I miss Kathie Lee!!!!

Written By: Jessica on 11/21/06 at 9:23 am

I didn't like either of them, but Clay just went up a notch in my book. Kelly is a mouthy broad. Even I know that, and I don't even watch the show! ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/06 at 1:21 pm

If I were her, I would have talked to him in person about it and not discuss it over the air with a million people. That was tackier than what he did.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/06 at 1:51 pm

If I were her, I would have talked to him in person about it and not discuss it over the air with a million people. That was tackier than what he did.

Yes, I agree. Then if her comments were not bad enough....she totally ripped him to shreds on yesterday's program. Even Regis was trying to defend him. ::)

Written By: Mushroom on 11/21/06 at 3:54 pm

Here is a clip of the incident in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3LAgehTqc

I guess Kelly does not quite grasp the fact that Clay is a "Guest Host".  And in filling that role, he should be given a chance to participate as well.  About a minute before the "hand incident", he even tried to make a joke about his not being given a chance to participate, and she basically blew him off.

She may be upset, but I think he has an equal right to be upset over that.  Maybe next time Mr. Philbin goes out of town, they should have no guest host at all.  Then she can have the "Kelly Rippa" show, and do everything herself.  And it appears that Mr. Philbin was not very sympathetic to her.  Probably because he works with her on a constant basis, and he is used to her doing that all the time.

And if you want to see how annoying she can be, just watch her a few times in those annoying "tide stain stick" commercials.  I swear, if I have to hear her horrid singing "Na-na-na-na" one more time, i will throw a rock through my TV.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 3:57 pm

She should be lucky that's all he did, because if I was the guest host and her skinny ass was prattling on and on and on, I would have flat out told her "Hey.....can I talk now?"

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 11/21/06 at 4:40 pm

She should be lucky that's all he did, because if I was the guest host and her skinny ass was prattling on and on and on, I would have flat out told her "Hey.....can I talk now?"
I would've taken off my nasty, smell sock and shoved IT IN her mouth ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/06 at 4:50 pm

Here is a clip of the incident in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3LAgehTqc

I guess Kelly does not quite grasp the fact that Clay is a "Guest Host".  And in filling that role, he should be given a chance to participate as well.  About a minute before the "hand incident", he even tried to make a joke about his not being given a chance to participate, and she basically blew him off.

She may be upset, but I think he has an equal right to be upset over that.  Maybe next time Mr. Philbin goes out of town, they should have no guest host at all.  Then she can have the "Kelly Rippa" show, and do everything herself.  And it appears that Mr. Philbin was not very sympathetic to her.  Probably because he works with her on a constant basis, and he is used to her doing that all the time.

And if you want to see how annoying she can be, just watch her a few times in those annoying "tide stain stick" commercials.  I swear, if I have to hear her horrid singing "Na-na-na-na" one more time, i will throw a rock through my TV.

yes...very nicely said..I agree. :)

Written By: Mushroom on 11/21/06 at 5:02 pm

Of course, Rosie O'Donnell just had to put in her 2 cents over this matter.  She is now calling Kelly "homophobic".

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=b1ca18ca-0d9c-4aea-9389-d240b5cde20d

Homophobic?  Is Rosie "outing" Clay Aiken?  As far as I know, he has never confirmed any of the suspicions that he is gay, and I really can't say how this would matter one way or another.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/06 at 5:13 pm

My GayDar is on "ambivalent" :D

Maybe South Park will make fun of this next week.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/21/06 at 5:14 pm

Of course, Rosie O'Donnell just had to put in her 2 cents over this matter.  She is now calling Kelly "homophobic".

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=b1ca18ca-0d9c-4aea-9389-d240b5cde20d

Homophobic?  Is Rosie "outing" Clay Aiken?  As far as I know, he has never confirmed any of the suspicions that he is gay, and I really can't say how this would matter one way or another.

My sister was watching The View when she came home from class this morning, and I heard that shrieking harpy's voice.....Rosie talks because she likes to hear her own voice.  Kelly Ripa did nothing homophobic.  She did something dumb, but the two don't equate.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/21/06 at 5:46 pm

I don't really like either of these two, but she was going on and on in her annoying voice as usual, bout time somebody shut her up lol. I watched the video, doesn't look like anything major really.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/21/06 at 7:41 pm

Clay shoulda stuffed his sock down her throat to shut her up!

Clay just scored big-time points in my book.  Kelly is a no-talent camera hog.

Go Clay!  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/21/06 at 7:51 pm

Clay shoulda stuffed his sock down her throat to shut her up!

Clay just scored big-time points in my book.  Kelly is a no-talent camera hog.

Go Clay!  8)
LyricBoy just gave the order for a CodeRed

Written By: audkal on 11/21/06 at 11:31 pm

Yeah, it was obvioulsy just joking-around on his part....someone had to do it, lol.  ;)

I think she said something like "It's unprofessional to cover someone's mouth when you're conducting an interview."  Really, was she conducting an interview or was she just going on and on about nothing?  LOL.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/06 at 11:39 pm

Yeah, it was obvioulsy just joking-around on his part....someone had to do it, lol.  ;)

I think she said something like "It's unprofessional to cover someone's mouth when you're conducting an interview."  Really, was she conducting an interview or was she just going on and on about nothing?  LOL.

ya, she clearly wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. Then...regarding that comment she made about his hand over her mouth, "I don't know where that hand has been honey"....this is what was said regarding that:  "Ripa further explained that her comment was in reference not to any alleged sexual proclivities, but due to the fact that she has three kids whose health she is constantly concerned about and that during a commercial break

Written By: audkal on 11/21/06 at 11:44 pm

um, sorry, but the way she said it made it sound like she was TOTALLY implying something of alleged sexual proclivities. ::)

Yeah that's what I thought too.  My dad saw her say that and he was like, "Tsk, that wasn't very nice of her."  I really don't get why she was so pissed about it, maybe 'cause it smudged her heavily painted face or something(?)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/06 at 11:53 pm

Yeah that's what I thought too.  My dad saw her say that and he was like, "Tsk, that wasn't very nice of her."  I really don't get why she was so pissed about it, maybe 'cause it smudged her heavily painted face or something(?)

she just seems like the type of person who always wants to be in control...and that one split second that he had his hand over her mouth...she was totally NOT in control. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/06 at 5:37 pm

I just saw in the news that Rosie O'Donell is trying to make this some sort of gay thing.  That, apparently, Ripa pushed away Clay's hand because he is gay.  ::)

First off as far as I know Clay has never said he is gay.

Secondly I can not see how Kelly's action was "anti gay".  ???

Nevertheless the LESS I see on TV of Rosie and Kelly the better.

Written By: audkal on 11/22/06 at 8:49 pm

You're right, he's never actually confirmed that he's gay (and I don't believe he is).

BTW, today on Entertainment Tonight, they found a clip from February of Kelly putting her hand over Regis' mouth!  OK, someone's hypocritical aye?  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/06 at 8:50 pm

You're right, he's never actually confirmed that he's gay (and I don't believe he is).

BTW, today on Entertainment Tonight, they found a clip from February of Kelly putting her hand over Regis' mouth!  OK, someone's hypocritical aye?  ::)

just goes to show that people can dish it out...but can't take it themselves! ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/22/06 at 9:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uproFyt2otE

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/22/06 at 9:19 pm

:P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/06 at 10:09 pm

hahaa...that's great! ;D

Written By: audkal on 11/22/06 at 10:15 pm

Yep that's it, thanks for posting.  8)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/23/06 at 2:25 am

She said something to the effect of "I don't know where that hand has been honey" which one might interpret as homophobia, if Aiken was known to be gay, but he isn't. So I don't know what the hell Rosie was talking about, she kind of jumped the gun there. ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/23/06 at 3:28 am

Yep this shows us all that she is being quite unfair. Poor Clay. I think I'll go out and buy his record just to show her  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 3:32 am

She said something to the effect of "I don't know where that hand has been honey" which one might interpret as homophobia, if Aiken was known to be gay, but he isn't. So I don't know what the hell Rosie was talking about, she kind of jumped the gun there. ::)
he isn't  ??? How does anyone really know and  Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/23/06 at 6:20 am

This whole incident seems much ado about nothing... all the brouhaha because Clay put his hand over her mouth!  :o I saw the clip on ET showing her doing the exact same thing to Regis a few months ago, so Kelly needs to just move on...

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 5:53 pm

This whole incident seems much ado about nothing... all the brouhaha because Clay put his hand over her mouth!  :o I saw the clip on ET showing her doing the exact same thing to Regis a few months ago, so Kelly needs to just move on...

OMG!  He probably didn't know where her hands were!!! :o

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/06 at 7:36 pm

wow there is a lot of Kelly and Rosie bashing here. Now I will say that I am not by any means a fan of Kellys but I am big Rosie O'donnell fan.

Rosie never outed Clay they said that there are questions circling about Clay's sexuality and she felt Ripa's comment was made in an assumption about his sexuality. I think Rosie is way off the mark here I don't think one comment has anything to with the other.

When Kelly and Rosie got into it on the air Kelly said that Clay had been shaking a lot of hands and its cold & flu season.  I don't  want to defend her but it is obvious that Kelly Ripa is a bit of a germaphob.

You all are also missing the obvious!  Clay is a guy and they hold things when they pee.  And you know, some guys don't wash afterwards. If I guy put his (possibly) unwashed hand over my mouth my first thought would be... did he just go to the bathroom.

From one germaphob to another you go Kelly I have your back but I do feel bad for Clay because I think he thought he was being funny!

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 11/25/06 at 2:43 pm

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.  Geez, I miss Kathie Lee!!!!

i was hoping someone had killed her by now

Check for new replies or respond here...