inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Donnie Darko

Written By: Tia on 11/29/06 at 10:09 pm

i'm watching it right now. the jet engine falls in donnie darko's room and the next day the family's visited by a couple of dark suits from the FAA.

we all know that they would actually be from the TSB, the transportation safety board, a federal agency specially chartered with investigating airline, train and other public transportation mishaps. don't these people do their research?

other than that it's pretty funny.

Subject: Re: Donnie Darko

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/06 at 10:13 pm

LOL I saw this thread and thought something else ;D

I liked Donnie Darko, though i had to watch it twice to understand it

Written By: Brian06 on 11/29/06 at 10:21 pm

LOL I saw this thread and thought something else ;D

I liked Donnie Darko, though i had to watch it twice to understand it

lol  ;D

Written By: Tia on 11/29/06 at 10:28 pm

ha! they just showed the scene where the shrink hypnotizes him and i'm thinking, i bet the first thing he does is tries to diddle around with himself. and sure enough.

Written By: Tia on 11/29/06 at 10:41 pm

telling someone to jam the lifeline exercise forcibly into their anus?! that's a product of fear! fear! :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/06 at 1:57 am

Hold this thread please, I have Donnie Darko on my pile of DVDs to watch, I hope to see it this weekend and then I will join in.

Written By: Tia on 11/30/06 at 5:32 am

i couldn't quite finish it last night, had to get to bed. it's pretty damned interesting though.

Written By: karen on 11/30/06 at 6:23 am

Hold this thread please, I have Donnie Darko on my pile of DVDs to watch, I hope to see it this weekend and then I will join in.

It was on TV a few weeks ago but it was too late at night for me to watch all of it.  I too have the DVD (a newspaper freebie) and might try and watch it this weekend if the DVD player is around.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/06 at 9:52 am

Which are we talking about the film..... or our Donnie Darko?  ::)  ;D

Just kidding, I like the fim alot.

Written By: La Roche on 11/30/06 at 10:39 am

I loved it, watched it a bunch of times to fully understand what was going on.

Written By: Tia on 11/30/06 at 12:16 pm

i'm thinking illl probably watch it again before i send it back. i missed too much.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/06 at 12:19 pm

It was on TV a few weeks ago but it was too late at night for me to watch all of it.  I too have the DVD (a newspaper freebie) and might try and watch it this weekend if the DVD player is around.
The DVD I have is the Director's Cut.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/06 at 10:17 am

I have seen Donnie Darko, I am crasping the situation of the film, but before making any comments on it, I am going to what it again with the Director's Commentary.

Written By: Tia on 12/02/06 at 10:58 am

i had the director's cut, i thought, from netflix, but i didnt see a commentary track.

i put the exrtas disk on the top of my queue.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/06 at 1:13 pm

i had the director's cut, i thought, from netflix, but i didnt see a commentary track.

i put the exrtas disk on the top of my queue.
The extras will be watched after the movie with commentary.

Each time I think about the film the more I understand it.

Written By: STAR70 on 12/02/06 at 4:04 pm

my fave scene....

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Donnie-Darko-mf02.jpg

"F-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-UU-U--U-U-U-UCK!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/06 at 4:15 pm

With both extremities of Love and Fear portrayed in the film Donnie Darko, the film has its moments of Fear and Love with some of the inbetween, solitary or combined. Fear and Love can be easily explained when in given situations, but if the situation is close to the heart of the explainee it is difficult to summise.

Written By: La Roche on 12/02/06 at 4:42 pm

my fave scene....

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Donnie-Darko-mf02.jpg

"F-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-UU-U--U-U-U-UCK!"

I KNOW!!! That was the movie that made me want her baaaaad.

Written By: Tia on 12/02/06 at 6:10 pm

drew's da sweetness in that movie. all hot and genius-y.

Written By: La Roche on 12/02/06 at 6:11 pm

drew's da sweetness in that movie. all hot and genius-y.

I wouldn't mind ending the world with her.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/06 at 2:13 am

"Every living creature on earth dies alone"

Written By: Mushroom on 12/05/06 at 12:16 am

I actually just finished watching it, and really enjoyed it.  I was struck by how similar it was to "The Butterfly Effect - Directors Cut", another movie that was not seen much, but I loved when I finally got it.

And the features on the bonus disk also were rather interesting.  One thing that struck me was the girl that made the comment that the audience in the UK "got it", because they are smarter and more sophisticated then audiences in the US.  Considering the comments made by Gwyneth Paltrow yesterday, it really hit me.  I guess they still have a Superiority Complex over there whenever they compare themselves to us "Colonials".

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/06 at 1:31 am

I actually just finished watching it, and really enjoyed it.  I was struck by how similar it was to "The Butterfly Effect - Directors Cut", another movie that was not seen much, but I loved when I finally got it.

And the features on the bonus disk also were rather interesting.  One thing that struck me was the girl that made the comment that the audience in the UK "got it", because they are smarter and more sophisticated then audiences in the US.  Considering the comments made by Gwyneth Paltrow yesterday, it really hit me.  I guess they still have a Superiority Complex over there whenever they compare themselves to us "Colonials".
The Bonus Discs will be viewed this weekend, I will post more comments then

Written By: Tia on 12/05/06 at 5:48 am

the british really are pretty much down on americans' intelligence levels, i've seen it happen. but underlying all that is a complex they've got over having to hand ownership of the world over to the USA, basically, so i don't sweat it that much. i DO find it irritating, though. because i go over to england twice a year and i have to deal with that patronizing attitude on a fairly regular basis. and it's usually from people who aren't even as smart as me. but they're british! so...

Written By: La Roche on 12/05/06 at 3:59 pm

That's right. Your blood has been diluted, you're no longer as wonderful as we are.. shivering... in northern europe.... without sunlight... and over-crowded... and... WAIT! I'm coming back, America, I love you, I was only kidding!!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...