inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gibson feels Kramer's pain.

Written By: Max Power on 11/29/06 at 10:36 pm

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/mel-gibson-feels-michael-richards-pain/20061129172609990001

Mel Gibson Feels Michael Richards' Pain
AP
NEW YORK (Nov. 29) - Though he's lost many fans after being captured on video hurling racist epithets at a comedy club audience, Michael Richards has an ally: Mel Gibson . "I felt like sending Michael Richards a note," Gibson says in an interview in Entertainment Weekly's Dec. 8 issue.

"I feel really badly for the guy. He was obviously in a state of stress. You don't need to be inebriated to be bent out of shape. But my heart went out to the guy."

The 50-year-old actor-director added: "They'll probably torture him for a while and then let him go. I like him."

After his Nov. 17 tirade became known, Richards apologized on David Letterman's "Late Show" on CBS, saying his remarks were sparked by anger at being heckled, not bigotry. He also apologized to the Rev. Al Sharpton and on the Rev. Jesse Jackson's syndicated radio program.

Gibson, star of the "Lethal Weapon" movies and director of "The Passion of the Christ," was mired in a scandal of his own this summer for anti-Semitic comments he made to police in Malibu, Calif., during his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. He publicly apologized.

Are people refusing to work with him?

"No, people aren't like that," Gibson tells the magazine. "Those are just the headlines: Mel ostracized by Hollywood! Hollywood is what you make it. There is no great pooh-bah up there saying, `Go! You are condemned!"'

Gibson says he's not anti-Semitic.

"I never have been and never would be," he says. "But (the incident) hit this fear thing in me. My god, I made people afraid. ... And it was a horrible feeling. That's when I said, `My god, I don't want to be that monster."'

His new movie, "Apocalypto," from The Walt Disney Co.'s Touchstone Pictures, opens Dec. 8. It is a Mayan-language epic filmed in Mexico chronicling the decline of the native civilization.

He's confident his past remarks will not hurt the movie at the box office.

"It's primarily entertainment," he says of his production. "An 18-year-old college guy, out with his buddies, he's going to get into the chase. The movie will stand on its own, regardless of any unfortunate experience I may have stumbled upon."

------------------------------------------------------

That's for sure 8)

Subject: Re: Gibson feels Kramer's pain.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/06 at 9:54 am

The two probally will be become friends or something that, they do kind of have alot in common.  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/30/06 at 10:56 am

Figures.

Written By: Max Power on 11/30/06 at 5:47 pm

The two probally will be become friends or something that, they do kind of have alot in common.  ::)

Sounds brokeback to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/30/06 at 6:32 pm

How many does it take it take to register a klavern?
:P

Written By: spaceace on 11/30/06 at 6:36 pm

Gibson claims he was drunk and is not an anti-Semite.  Richards claims he was agitated but he's not a racist.  Sounds like pathetic excuses to me. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/02/06 at 8:21 am

Gibson claims he was drunk and is not an anti-Semite.  Richards claims he was agitated but he's not a racist.  Sounds like pathetic excuses to me. :P

I'm willing to cut these guys some slack.  I wonder how many of the people excoriating Gibson and Richards have NEVER told a Jewish (or insert ethinicity here___) joke in their lives?  Never locked their car doors or clutched their purse  when a couple of black kids were walking down the sidewalk?  NEVER used the N-word?  Never called polish people pollocks or italians dagos or so on?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I mean, holy crap.  It is not like Richards is out there lynching blacks or Gibson is throwing rocks through the windows of Jewish businesses.

They have apologized to those that they offended, that is good enuf for me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/02/06 at 10:45 am

I'm willing to cut these guys some slack.  I wonder how many of the people excoriating Gibson and Richards have NEVER told a Jewish (or insert ethinicity here___) joke in their lives?  Never locked their car doors or clutched their purse  when a couple of black kids were walking down the sidewalk?  NEVER used the N-word?  Never called polish people pollocks or italians dagos or so on?

I lock my car doors anyway.  I only clutch my purse with the rest of my tranny bling when I'm "Maxine" on the weekends!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_albino.gif

Written By: spaceace on 12/02/06 at 4:54 pm

I lock my car doors anyway.  I only clutch my purse with the rest of my tranny bling when I'm "Maxine" on the weekends!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_albino.gif

No offense Max.  But I don't think you'd pass. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/02/06 at 5:13 pm

Sounds brokeback to me.

;D

That could be Mel's next big film!  He even already has a co-star!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/06 at 5:55 pm

I saw this thread peeking out and thought it was woops talking about Debbie Gibson again :D

Mel Gibson is a drunk; Michael Richards is a dick ;D

Written By: spaceace on 12/02/06 at 5:57 pm

I saw this thread peeking out and thought it was woops talking about Debbie Gibson again :D

Mel Gibson is a drunk; Michael Richards is a dick ;D

Why do you make it sound better????

Written By: whistledog on 12/03/06 at 12:59 am

Why do you make it sound better????

Mel Gibson has an excuse for being an idiot.  It's not a good excuse though

Written By: spaceace on 12/04/06 at 3:26 pm

Mel Gibson has an excuse for being an idiot.  It's not a good excuse though

But I thought he always was an idiot.  It's not an excuse, it's a given. :P

Written By: zcrito on 12/04/06 at 9:44 pm

The 50-year-old actor-director added: "They'll probably torture him for a while and then let him go. I like him."

So true.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...