inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bette Midler Minces no Words about Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/06 at 6:04 am

This just off the news wires.  I never knew that Bette could be so intolerant of other lifestyles:  :-\\

Outspoken diva BETTE MIDLER has blasted BRITNEY SPEARS and LINDSAY LOHAN for their wild ways, calling them "sluts".

The singer/actress admits she's had wild times, just like the party girls, but she would never have left her home without underwear and was appalled to see pictures of the girls baring all in recent photographs.

She tells US news show Extra, "I've been on the other side to these wild and woolly sluts that we are seeing around our lives these days and I've taken the other side.

"I started my life out as pretty wild, but I have decided, after much growing and living, that its time that we got nicer!

"And I'm wearing underwear, a lot of underwear. In fact I'm wearing all the underwear that those girls are not wearing - at least two bras and several pairs of panties."

And she has a stern message for Hollywood's leading party girls: "Get a life, get a grip. I mean someone should sit those ladies down."

Subject: Re: Bette Midler Minces no Words about Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/10/06 at 6:39 am

You tell them, Miss M....  ;D

Subject: Re: Bette Midler Minces no Words about Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan

Written By: loki 13 on 12/10/06 at 9:29 am

I may ruffle a few feathers here, but here's what think. I think Bette Midler should keep
her fat yap shut. The way she lived her life when she was younger, she is in no position
to tell anyone how to live theirs. I am tired of these has-been grandma prudes telling the
younger generation how to behave. If Britney Spears wants to flash the world, that's her
business.

Written By: spaceace on 12/10/06 at 9:57 am

The Divine Miss M. still has a mouth :)

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 10:28 am

if i had to guess, i'd say it's all a publicity stunt and bette's playing along. but who knows, maybe she really IS shocked and appalled.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/10/06 at 10:42 am

I may ruffle a few feathers here, but here's what think. I think Bette Midler should keep
her fat yap shut. The way she lived her life when she was younger, she is in no position
to tell anyone how to live theirs. I am tired of these has-been grandma prudes telling the
younger generation how to behave. If Britney Spears wants to flash the world, that's her
business.

I think it's nasty and I'm younger than Bette. She has the right to voice her opinion like anyone else.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 1:38 pm

I don't call flashing your poon to everyone and anyone, a "lifestyle", so what is she intolerant about?  I don't see what the problem with her opinion is......she's right.  No one wants to see their vaginas. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/10/06 at 1:52 pm

Bette does have a point, Britney should calm down and wear some underwear for crying out loud. The whole doesn't need to see, what her crotch looks like without underwear on....  ::)

Britney, think of the kids!  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/06 at 3:12 pm

I don't call flashing your poon to everyone and anyone, a "lifestyle", so what is she intolerant about?  I don't see what the problem with her opinion is......she's right.  No one wants to see their vaginas. 

It is odd that Bette is so all bent out of shape about nudity.  I mean, nudity is natural, eh?

And as to her complaining about people who do not wear their undies, she should take a look at some films of her performances back in the '70's.  Now THERE was a case of somebody who REALLY needed to wear a bra.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 4:20 pm

It is odd that Bette is so all bent out of shape about nudity.  I mean, nudity is natural, eh?

And as to her complaining about people who do not wear their undies, she should take a look at some films of her performances back in the '70's.  Now THERE was a case of somebody who REALLY needed to wear a bra.

Yeah and as she said, she's older now and her opinions have changed.  That happens.  It doesn't make what she said any less accurate.

Also, while Bette may have needed to wear a bra, at least she a shirt/dress on.  These morons are getting out of cars with their vajayjays exposed to the known world.  Big difference.

Written By: woops on 12/10/06 at 4:59 pm

Deborah Gibson also have criticized young celebrities. Also on her new song "Famous", which a link is posted on the "On The Record" section...

Agree that everybody's intitled to their opinions.

There's an article about her thoughts  of Britney & Chtristina on the VH1 site from some years ago.

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/06 at 5:03 pm

The whole doesn't need to see, what her crotch looks like without underwear on....  ::)

6 years ago, when she was attractive, the world wanted to see ;D

Written By: audkal on 12/10/06 at 9:53 pm

Yeah and as she said, she's older now and her opinions have changed.  That happens.  It doesn't make what she said any less accurate.

Also, while Bette may have needed to wear a bra, at least she a shirt/dress on.  These morons are getting out of cars with their vajayjays exposed to the known world.  Big difference.

Bravo!  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 10:25 pm

I agree. I mean...there's a difference in wearing something sexy....but for the love of God Britney, it's time to grow up and act like a respectible human being and mother. ::)

BTW....I don't know why people still think she is hot....take away all of the make-up, bad hair extensions, fashionable clothing....you are always left with this:

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyGZg3XxFQ1EAaIyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=125o4jv3l/EXP=1165897440/**http%3a//www.defamer.com/topic/britney-acne-spa.jpg

Written By: Trimac20 on 12/10/06 at 10:30 pm

I never thought Britney was hot - maybe in a few video clips, but not in real life. Bette has a point, but who really cares about Brit or Lindsay anyway?

Written By: Brian06 on 12/10/06 at 10:49 pm

I agree. I mean...there's a difference in wearing something sexy....but for the love of God Britney, it's time to grow up and act like a respectible human being and mother. ::)

BTW....I don't know why people still think she is hot....take away all of the make-up, bad hair extensions, fashionable clothing....you are always left with this:

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyGZg3XxFQ1EAaIyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=125o4jv3l/EXP=1165897440/**http%3a//www.defamer.com/topic/britney-acne-spa.jpg

eww.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 10:55 pm

eww.  ;D

see, that's the problem with these hollywood starlets...nobody gets to see what they REALLY look like....they have enough money to be able to sufficiently cover up their true selves. LOL! ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:58 pm

Britney at her best:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1980/uglybritney2us9.jpg

Seriously.....every now and again, the paparazzi take a good shot.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 11:00 pm

see, that's the problem with these hollywood starlets...nobody gets to see what they REALLY look like....they have enough money to be able to sufficiently cover up their true selves. LOL! ;D
erm...

um...

errrr...

did she just eat a glazed donut, or....? :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 11:03 pm

Britney at her best:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1980/uglybritney2us9.jpg

Seriously.....every now and again, the paparazzi take a good shot.

oh for the love of God.....she gives Phyllis Diller a run for her money! ;D

http://blogs.outzonetv.com/breakoutnews/20060809_diller_260x220.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 11:04 pm

erm...

um...

errrr...

did she just eat a glazed donut, or....? :o

Baby gravy.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 11:06 pm

Baby gravy.

"there is a filthy beast within you... LUST!"
-- Hanzel und Gretyl

Written By: tv on 12/10/06 at 11:11 pm

Yeah but make-up can make any woman look that much better.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 11:13 pm

Yeah but make-up can make any woman look that much better.

yes, make-up helps a bit...but someone with TONS of money can literally buy a pretty face/body, etc.

Written By: tv on 12/10/06 at 11:45 pm

yes, make-up helps a bit...but someone with TONS of money can literally buy a pretty face/body, etc.
Oh, Plastic Surgery you mean. I understand what you are saying.

Written By: Gis on 12/11/06 at 7:54 am

I'm with Bette on this one, I have no interest in seeing anybody's vag!
The thing also is that these people (Britney, Lindsey) are role models to thousands of young girls and what kind of message are they giving them??

Written By: esoxslayer on 12/11/06 at 8:07 am

I'm with Bette on this one, I have no interest in seeing anybody's vag!
The thing also is that these people (Britney, Lindsey) are role models to thousands of young girls and what kind of message are they giving them??

Gis,,,you just hit right on the head the point I was making in my topic about Britney that got sidetracked...thank you....

Written By: Tia on 12/11/06 at 8:34 am

Baby gravy.
i'm wondering if maybe she just blew her nose, in that disgusting way?

Written By: esoxslayer on 12/11/06 at 8:38 am

i'm wondering if maybe she just blew her nose, in that disgusting way?

She must have been facing into a good strong 40mph or stronger wind considering the amount of (you fill in the blank) she's got all over her face.... ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/11/06 at 8:39 am

It might have been zit cream or something like that.....she's gone out in public with that crap on her face before.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 1:19 pm

Ok...I just opened someones bulletin that they posted on Myspace....and not knowing what it would be...ended up being SO effin' grossed out. Let me just say that Britney Spear's vag is the nastiest I've EVER seen. :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/11/06 at 1:20 pm

Ok...I just opened someones bulletin that they posted on Myspace....and not knowing what it would be...ended up being SO effin' grossed out. Let me just say that Britney Spear's vag is the nastiest I've EVER seen. :P

Yeah, she doesn't even have the excuse of childbirth to blame it on; she had 2 C-sections.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 1:32 pm

Yeah, she doesn't even have the excuse of childbirth to blame it on; she had 2 C-sections.

it's just so....I dunno...beat. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/11/06 at 1:34 pm

it's just so....I dunno...beat. ;D

Well, she was married to Fed-Ex, so who knows what he did to it.  A few years ago and men would have been dying to see those shots.  Also she needs to fire her waxer.....whoever did it, didn't do a complete job.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 1:35 pm

Well, she was married to Fed-Ex, so who knows what he did to it.  A few years ago and men would have been dying to see those shots.  Also she needs to fire her waxer.....whoever did it, didn't do a complete job.

ya, seriously. ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 2:36 pm

6 years ago, when she was attractive, the world wanted to see ;D

That was denitetly the case.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/06 at 3:50 pm

Uhhh....how many times from how many sites have those uppies been downloaded?   Anyway, unless there are some pics I didn't see, that's not what I saw--speaking of anatomical specifics here!
:-\\

The nastiest?  If that's the nastiest, I could tell you about...but I won't!
:-X

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/11/06 at 5:30 pm

Anyway, unless there are some pics I didn't see, that's not what I saw--speaking of anatomical specifics here!
:-\\

Fine, Dad.  No one wants to see their labia majoras and minoras.

Written By: zcrito on 12/11/06 at 6:01 pm

I miss the "good ol' days" when celebrities had the common sense to keep her private life private.
(And television -- network and cable, well maybe not cable -- didn't feel the need to spend all its time following their every move)

:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/11/06 at 7:22 pm

Must be a different pic than the one I saw.  The one I saw was not all that bad, and the waxing was impeccable.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 7:49 pm

Must be a different pic than the one I saw.  The one I saw was not all that bad, and the waxing was impeccable.  :-\\

it was....really gross. It was all old and used looking....bumpy and just plain gross...and you could see evidence of her c-section....it just really made me sick. :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 8:31 pm

http://www.poopgang.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_vomit.gif

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/11/06 at 10:10 pm

This just off the news wires.  I never knew that Bette could be so intolerant of other lifestyles:  :-\\

Outspoken diva BETTE MIDLER has blasted BRITNEY SPEARS and LINDSAY LOHAN for their wild ways, calling them "sluts".

The singer/actress admits she's had wild times, just like the party girls, but she would never have left her home without underwear and was appalled to see pictures of the girls baring all in recent photographs.

She tells US news show Extra, "I've been on the other side to these wild and woolly sluts that we are seeing around our lives these days and I've taken the other side.

"I started my life out as pretty wild, but I have decided, after much growing and living, that its time that we got nicer!

"And I'm wearing underwear, a lot of underwear. In fact I'm wearing all the underwear that those girls are not wearing - at least two bras and several pairs of panties."

And she has a stern message for Hollywood's leading party girls: "Get a life, get a grip. I mean someone should sit those ladies down."

Although calling them "sluts" might be a teeny bit excessive, I basically agree with BM. It's sad to see how they've let themselves go (behavior and appearance-wise) in the last couple years. In her 1999 era, Britney seemed to be a really nice "girl next door" type in an innocent sexy way. I thought she was sort of cute then, so it's a shame she's acting like this now, especially with having kids.

Plus, she's 25, the same age as me and would look twice as old as me in those pics. Like somebody's drunk aunt or something ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/06 at 7:03 pm

Fine, Dad.  No one wants to see their labia majoras and minoras.

Yes, but in spite of the terminology, your original assertion is still erroneous.
;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/12/06 at 7:19 pm

Okay, all I can seem to find is pics with it blotted out :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/12/06 at 7:21 pm

Okay, all I can seem to find is pics with it blotted out :-\\

Why do you want to see linty pincushions?  :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/12/06 at 7:26 pm

Yes, but in spite of the terminology, your original assertion is still erroneous.

Hey, why don't you go correct Erin, too?  She called it a vagina as well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 7:32 pm

Hey, why don't you go correct Erin, too?  She called a vagina as well.

um...isn't that what it is supposed to be called? Why are we getting dissed for that? ::)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/12/06 at 7:32 pm

Why do you want to see linty pincushions?  :o
Nevermind.....I saw some  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/azcrying.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/12/06 at 7:33 pm

Nevermind.....I saw some  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/azcrying.gif

You poor dear.

I too thought it was a crotch shot that made all the hubbub, but I don't know what else was released publicly...or pubicly, as it were.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/12/06 at 7:41 pm

You poor dear.

I too thought it was a crotch shot that made all the hubbub, but I don't know what else was released publicly...or pubicly, as it were.
The ones I saw were just NASTY.....it looked like she hadn't wiped after "dropping the kids at the pool" :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 7:43 pm

The ones I saw were just NASTY.....it looked like she hadn't wiped after "dropping the kids at the pool" :-\\

they were all really nasty...I saw about 4 of them...views of the front and back....it was not a pretty sight. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 7:44 pm

speaking of Lindsay Lohan...I guess she has supposedly been going to AA meetings for a year now....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_en_ce/people_lindsay_lohan

Written By: Snoopygirl on 12/12/06 at 8:31 pm

I guess I should be glad that I've never seen those pics.Does anyone think Britney will be able to make a musical comeback and be just as big as she was before?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 8:40 pm

I guess I should be glad that I've never seen those pics.Does anyone think Britney will be able to make a musical comeback and be just as big as she was before?

I really don't know...it's like she's made such a complete joke out of herself over the past few weeks....well, er, years. ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/12/06 at 8:46 pm

I really don't know...it's like she's made such a complete joke out of herself over the past few weeks....well, er, years. ;D
you know what would be cool? if she made a comeback as an amazing genius actress and won academy awards. sorta like what marky mark wahlberg did. i love it when incorrigible people redeem themselves.

i sorta related to britney on that video where she's stoned. she comes off as sorta goofy and likeable and fecklessly searching for her soul.

as for her flashing her quiver, i guess i dont really care that much. it's not as bad as when black-eyed peas chick wet em.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/12/06 at 8:56 pm

Even if she doesn't, if she is more responsible with her $$ she'll be set for life.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 9:38 pm

you know what would be cool? if she made a comeback as an amazing genius actress and won academy awards. sorta like what marky mark wahlberg did. i love it when incorrigible people redeem themselves.

i sorta related to britney on that video where she's stoned. she comes off as sorta goofy and likeable and fecklessly searching for her soul.

as for her flashing her quiver, i guess i dont really care that much. it's not as bad as when black-eyed peas chick wet em.

ya, back in the day I would have never thought that Mark would have become so popular of an actor.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/13/06 at 8:42 am

speaking of Lindsay Lohan...I guess she has supposedly been going to AA meetings for a year now....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061212/ap_en_ce/people_lindsay_lohan
If I were AA, I'd be denying it because it's obviously not working for her ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...