inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Van Halen Reunion (Semi-Original lineup...)

Written By: Davester on 12/11/06 at 1:12 am

For some guy out in Wapakoneta, Ohio who still cares, a Van Halen tour with David Lee Roth and without Michael Anthony is looking good for sometime in 2007.  The thread title is an oxymoron, huh..?  :P

Seems Mike is out of the band and Wolfgang (EVH's son) will pick up bass...

No word of a new studio release, yet...

Seriously doubt I'd attend a concert, but would l-o-o-o-ve an album with all-new material and Dave at lead groove ;) on all...

Subject: Re: Van Halen Reunion (Semi-Original lineup...)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 2:40 pm

Weeeeee!!!! They got rid of Gary Whatshissnameanywayfromthestinkybandextreme!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/06 at 3:33 pm

I dunno if DLR is gonna look so hot in rearless spandex nowadays.  Make sure there's enough Ben-Gay back stage!
:P

Written By: Mushroom on 12/12/06 at 5:21 pm

I dunno if DLR is gonna look so hot in rearless spandex nowadays.  Make sure there's enough Ben-Gay back stage!
:P

David has really aged, but he still puts on a good show.

I saw him last summer in Georgia, and he put on one heck of a show.  And his weight is not as bad as some old rockers, so he still looks good in spandex.  Howver, he does not do the "high kicks" anymore.  He only tried 2 or 3 during the show I saw, and they were nothing like what he did in the 1980's.

And of course he wears short hair now.  That was probably the biggest shock for me.  However, his brother is part of his road crew, and he still wears his hair really long and curly.

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/06 at 5:30 pm

It won't be the same without Michael Anthony.  It has to be all 4 original members

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/12/06 at 5:42 pm

If it's not the original line-up, it's not Van Halen.  Pass.

Written By: La Roche on 12/12/06 at 6:10 pm

If it's not the original line-up, it's not Van Halen.  Pass.

If Van Halen isn't in it.. it ain't Van Halen.

Written By: Tia on 12/12/06 at 10:02 pm

dude, michael anthony wasn't no great shakes. the only member who could be easily replaced.

if they got EVH, DLR and alex on board i will BE there, complete with german wwi infantry helmet, aviator glasses, and iron cross panty hose and ready to rock. don't care how old they are. love van halen.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/12/06 at 10:05 pm

dude, michael anthony wasn't no great shakes. the only member who could be easily replaced.

if they got EVH, DLR and alex on board i will BE there, complete with german wwi infantry helmet, aviator glasses, and iron cross panty hose and ready to rock. don't care how old they are. love van halen.

I like VH too, but I'd rather see the original 4 people if I'm shelling out the money to see them.  I just hope Diamond Dave doesn't think spandex looks good on old men.

Written By: Tia on 12/12/06 at 10:07 pm

I like VH too, but I'd rather see the original 4 people if I'm shelling out the money to see them.  I just hope Diamond Dave doesn't think spandex looks good on old men.
it'd be better if it was all four, yeah, but if i had to sell out one mike anthony would be it.

i read an interview with eddie van from back in the day and the smack he talks about mike is just... stunning. the bass lines he plays aren't really that challenging, anyone with a pulse could pick his parts up easy. and if eddie van's son's got one tenth of his genius musician genes that'll be somethign to see.

as for dave hopefully someone will take him aside and explain that things are different now. but if they tour i will TOTALLY go.

Written By: Davester on 12/13/06 at 1:04 am

Has anyone gave (given?) The DLR Band a listen..?  The album with Bettie Page on the cover...it's the old Diamond Dave that we knew and loved, seriously, with all the attitude and smugness...

With a new studio album, I think great things can happen.  Listen to "Me Wise Magic" to get an idea...

While I hate to see Mike gone, I think Tia is right, they can still carry-on.  But it would not be a reunion.  Just another chapter in the tiresome Van Halen soap opera.  Much ado over nothing groove ;) on...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/06 at 1:42 am

If Eddie plays, I'd definitely be in just to see and hear him. I went to see them when Gary Cherone sang and I got my moneys worth just from EVH playing his guitar. He stole the show, kicked ass, melted a few faces. Add an aging David Lee Roth and you've still got one of the best and most charismatic front men in rock. Who wants to go?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xfNq39F8YoAo_mjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12p6d8ftp/EXP=1166081357/**http%3a//www.janetmacoska.com/images/gallery_color/images/van_halen.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...