inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ripping Songs From Movies

Written By: coco_pup on 12/18/06 at 9:31 pm

Being an ultra mega collector of rare songs/movie soundtracks as I'm sure many of you can relate to this, I'm dying to ask, are there any experts out there that can help me with rare songs or know about ripping audio from their movies? (Good at editing sound)

If you can help me with ripping songs please feel free to e-mail me if you're happy to help me out.

Kind Regards,
Ellie. 

Subject: Re: Ripping Songs From Movies

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/18/06 at 10:03 pm

You can download some program like "Mp3MyMp3 2.0", then set the recording to stereo mix out, and then just hit record while playing the movie.

It's a free download, too.

Written By: coco_pup on 12/21/06 at 11:14 pm

Ok, I'll have to check that out the only problem is I don't have the TV and the computer in the same room so I'm not sure how that will work out? So I won't be able to. Maybe you or someone can help me if I gave you the list of movies with rare songs I'm looking for would that be ok perhaps?

Kind Regards,
Ellie.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/22/06 at 9:12 am

Ok, I'll have to check that out the only problem is I don't have the TV and the computer in the same room so I'm not sure how that will work out? So I won't be able to. Maybe you or someone can help me if I gave you the list of movies with rare songs I'm looking for would that be ok perhaps?

Kind Regards,
Ellie.

Well, you need a DVD player on your computer.

If you don't have that, then plug one of those cables where both ends are male, and you plug one end into the output for your dvd player, and the input on your computer for the other end. If you need a longer cable, you can get an extension at Radioshak or anywhere like that.

Written By: coco_pup on 01/07/07 at 6:08 pm

Ok thanks. I have a DVD Player on my computer but I wouldn't know how to rip the songs from the movies and convert them as an mp3 file, how would I do that while playing certain scenes from movies? I have a recorder so it might work I just wouldn't know how to edit any dialogue and so forth whilst recording the song I want that would be the only thing.  Are there any experts out there that would know how to edit sound?
Some of the movies I can't get on DVD only VHS so I wouldn't be able to rip the songs from those movies as I only have on VHS that's why I want to know if there is a site where you can download the movies you want particularly rare movies that have not been released on DVD yet.  What do you mean by the cable thing where both ends are male? I don't get what you meant by that - the cable for computer well I have a cable modem on my computer. So with regards to that how would I go about plugging it in? or couldn't I just use a recorder to record songs from the movie while the DVD Player is playing?

Anyway, if no-one can help me would anyone be able to suggest to me a website where I can download rare movies from? Say for instance, movies that you can't get on DVD.

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/07 at 6:22 pm

Ok thanks. I have a DVD Player on my computer but I wouldn't know how to rip the songs from the movies and convert them as an mp3 file, how would I do that while playing certain scenes from movies? I have a recorder so it might work I just wouldn't know how to edit any dialogue and so forth whilst recording the song I want that would be the only thing.  Are there any experts out there that would know how to edit sound?
Some of the movies I can't get on DVD only VHS so I wouldn't be able to rip the songs from those movies as I only have on VHS that's why I want to know if there is a site where you can download the movies you want particularly rare movies that have not been released on DVD yet.  What do you mean by the cable thing where both ends are male? I don't get what you meant by that - the cable for computer well I have a cable modem on my computer. So with regards to that how would I go about plugging it in? or couldn't I just use a recorder to record songs from the movie while the DVD Player is playing?

Anyway, if no-one can help me would anyone be able to suggest to me a website where I can download rare movies from? Say for instance, movies that you can't get on DVD.

Your help is very much appreciated. 

I mean that there's a cable in which you can plug one end into your microphone jack on a computer and the headphone jack on your VCR or DVD Player, and just hit record wihle you play the movie.

Written By: coco_pup on 01/07/07 at 6:36 pm

I wouldn't be able to do that as I have a headset but if I use a recorder I have Adobe Audition would that be ok?  Or do I need to buy an extra cable thing?
I can record off there while playing the DVD movie on computer is that possible to do? 

Written By: coco_pup on 01/07/07 at 6:39 pm

Thank-You though :) I don't have a VHS in the computer room so that wouldn't work :( that's why I asked if there are any sites where you can download the movies that I'm looking for that you can't get on DVD so that I can rip audio from these movies as well.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/07 at 8:15 pm

Adobe Audition is fine. Get My MP3 Recorder to switch the source to "Stereo Mix" instead of "Microphone", play the DVD on your computer, and press record on Adobe Audition. I've done it before with that program.

And you can get extension cables so that you can plug the VCR into your computer from any other room...

Written By: coco_pup on 01/15/07 at 5:24 pm

Ok, thanks. I've tired it and the sound quality is pretty good off DVD when recorded onto Adobe Audition :)  I just wish those other movies would get a DVD release as quality on VHS is poor and to rip songs from DVD is the best thing to do since some movies, don't have a soundtrack release it's great for ripping rare hard to find songs that you just can't get I mean for not just movie soundtracks but even songs that are so rare that are only used for the movie and were never available to the public for sale the DVD player on your PC and having the recorder comes in handy for this sort of thing.

I hope Oxford Blues, and Can you feel me dancing will get a DVD release soon. 

Kind regards,
Ellie.

Check for new replies or respond here...