inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trump fires back at Rosie with both barrels

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/21/06 at 6:44 pm

Well, Rosie O'Donnell felt the need to denigrate Donald Trump on The Vuew yesterday, making fun of his hair and complaining about his divorces etc.

So today Trump fired back with both barrels:

"Rosie is disgusting, inside and out"
"She's just an ugly slob"
"I know that Barbara Walters realizes it was a mistake to hire her"
"Maybe I will sue her and take some money out of her pockets."
"Rosie is nothing but an ugly bully"

Bravo Donald!!!  'Tis about time somebody called her for what she is... a bully and an ignorant person who loves to dish it out but cannot take it, as evidenced by her most recent denigration of Chinese people and her snide response to THAt outcry.

Go Donald!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Subject: Re: Trump fires back at Rosie with both barrels

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/06 at 8:59 pm

See my thread on the politics board.  I had a slightly different take on it!

Now, I'm no fan of Rosie, but, LB, don't tell me you dig The Donald!  Does "class" mean anything more than "big money" nowadays?  Don't you expect a 60-year-old billionaire to be a gentleman?
(I don't.)
;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/21/06 at 9:03 pm

Now, I'm no fan of Rosie, but, LB, don't tell me you dig The Donald!  Does "class" mean anything more than "big money" nowadays?  Don't you expect a 60-year-old billionaire to be a gentleman?
(I don't.)
;D

I'll have to agree with Maxwell on this issue. Rosie is very annoying, but Donald has her beat this time. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/06 at 9:09 pm

I'll have to agree with Maxwell on this issue. Rosie is very annoying, but Donald has her beat this time. ;)

The Donald has Rosie beat?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/21/06 at 9:10 pm

The Donald has Rosie beat?

in the annoying factor, that is. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/06 at 9:21 pm

in the annoying factor, that is. ;)

If anybody could beat The Donald for the annoying factor, the military could bottle it and just annoy all the terrorists to death!
:P

Written By: Lifesunfair on 12/21/06 at 11:35 pm

I saw Trump from a distance while I was in Jersey back in 84'.  I would gotten closer to him and shook his hand had I known 22 years later he'd do something grand like this.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/06 at 12:00 am

I too, have to agree with Maxwell.  Trump is a jackass.

Written By: Gis on 12/22/06 at 4:59 am

And his hair IS shockingly bad! All that money and still can't get a decent weave. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/06 at 5:58 am

(I don't.)
;D

Don't get me wrong, Trump is obviously a real piece of work.  ;)

But Rosie has a mean streak that runs several miles deep, yet nobody in the public view has the 'nads to call her out on it.  Except for The Donald. 8)  Everybody else is afraid that if they speak out about Rosie they will be seen as being anti-PC because she is a gay woman with 4 kids.  And that's pretty much her schtick.

For all of her "sensitivity" she is the one who made mean remarks about a co-worker's cancer, and made fun of Chinese people and essentially flipped them off when they called her out on it.  And she tried to make Kelly Ripa's Clay Aiken feud into some sort of anti-gay gesture (which I am rather sure it was not).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/06 at 9:11 am

Rosie isn't going to reform because Trump is going after her.  She'll just dig in and get meaner.  All Trump shows is he's not man enough to blow her off.  He would have made it cool if he'd said, "Rosie who?  Whatever.  I'm too busy for this crap."

I also found it peculiar that Trump quoted his fortunes as being "many billions."  Un, if you've really got billions, you don't lose track of how many.
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/06 at 2:08 pm

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/0211/rosie_150x218.jpg

^Now there's a man I would not want to fight, 'cause he wears underwear with dickholes in them.

(Apologies to Dave Chappelle.)

Written By: Tia on 12/22/06 at 3:10 pm

http://www.weht.net/WEHT/Kim_Richards.html

"Kim has 4 daughters and once dated Donald Trump. She hopes to act again. To Paris Hilton, Kim is Auntie Kim ( her sister Kathy is Paris' mommy).

Kims' other sister Paris "Auntie" Kyle also still acts occasionally, most notably on ER but is wed I believe and has a young child. "

i try not to think about this too much and im not convinced it's true. but anyway, as my love is unconditional...

rosie was a big scandal recently for outing somebody as being gay against his will. i forget the details but yeah, she's got a gift for committing real boners.

Written By: Tia on 12/22/06 at 3:12 pm

I also found it peculiar that Trump quoted his fortunes as being "many billions."  Un, if you've really got billions, you don't lose track of how many.
:D
nice problem to have. "remind me again, jeeves, exactly HOW many billions do i have? on second thought meh, never mind, i don't care."

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/22/06 at 4:46 pm

Rosie is an a-hole and so is "The Donald".  They cancel each other out, as far as I'm concerned.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/06 at 4:47 pm

... but yeah, she's got a gift for committing real boners.

However she does not have the talent for inspiring them.  ;D

Written By: zcrito on 12/22/06 at 10:52 pm

I'm going to say the winner on this one right now is Rosie O'Donnell.

She criticized the Donald and so what. What she said wasn't all that bad, at least compared what politicians have to put up with. And the Trump has many opportunities to have his say, to tell his side -- any talk show would gladly have him on. But he immediately went to the next level on insults with Rosie.

I saw/heard him on Bill O'Reilly the other night and it's the first time I've ever heard the Donald sound that bad. He's an arrogant piece of work. And I know you don't get to where he's at by being a wall flower, but the man's really,really into himself. And I hate to say it, but I was also disappointed in the way Bill O interviewed him. Bill O is a somewhat friend of the Trump (there's a story of when they double dated once in one of Bill O's books) and I thought he (Bill) went way too easy on him.

It's amazing but look how someone like Donald Trump acts to criticism to say George Bush. George Bush is a tower of strength. The Trump couldn't cut it in politics.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/23/06 at 7:43 am

The Trump couldn't cut it in politics.

That might explain why he is not in politics.  I imagine he would not make it as a professional basketball player or an olympic figure skater either.

What he IS good at is self promotion and accumulating wealth.  And like the political world, about 50% of the people will have a problem with that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/06 at 1:56 pm

http://www.weht.net/WEHT/Kim_Richards.html

"Kim has 4 daughters and once dated Donald Trump. She hopes to act again. To Paris Hilton, Kim is Auntie Kim ( her sister Kathy is Paris' mommy).

Kims' other sister Paris "Auntie" Kyle also still acts occasionally, most notably on ER but is wed I believe and has a young child. "

i try not to think about this too much and im not convinced it's true. but anyway, as my love is unconditional...

rosie was a big scandal recently for outing somebody as being gay against his will. i forget the details but yeah, she's got a gift for committing real boners.

Plenty, but I doubt any of them are real.
:-X

Written By: Tia on 12/23/06 at 4:08 pm

Plenty, but I doubt any of the are real.
:-X
plenty of what? and you doubt any of the what are real? mia ist confusiedia.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/06 at 5:57 pm

plenty of what? and you doubt any of the what are real? mia ist confusiedia.

Nothing doing.

That might explain why he is not in politics.  I imagine he would not make it as a professional basketball player or an olympic figure skater either.

What he IS good at is self promotion and accumulating wealth.  And like the political world, about 50% of the people will have a problem with that.

Trump is not mentally sound.  That's the impression I got from his statements to the media.  I'm not qualified to diagnose The Donald, but if I had to guess, I'd say he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
It seems Trump has everything a narcissist could possibly want, but psychiatric narcissism does not dissipate no matter how much one is the center of attention, no matter how much power one attains, and no matter how many syncophants one has.  From what I've observed, wealth, power, and admiration amplify the traits of narcissism.  The narcissist is still a narcissist when he's top dog.  The personality disorder requires psychiatric intervention.  In other words, The Donald needs help!

Written By: Tia on 12/24/06 at 6:37 am

Nothing doing.

you mean none of the kids are real? i dunno why i'm so adamant in pursuing this.
Trump is not mentally sound.  That's the impression I got from his statements to the media.  I'm not qualified to diagnose The Donald, but if I had to guess, I'd say he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
It seems Trump has everything a narcissist could possibly want, but psychiatric narcissism does not dissipate no matter how much one is the center of attention, no matter how much power one attains, and no matter how many syncophants one has.  From what I've observed, wealth, power, and admiration amplify the traits of narcissism.  The narcissist is still a narcissist when he's top dog.  The personality disorder requires psychiatric intervention.  In other words, The Donald needs help!

i know conservatives like to say that accumulating wealth is the only meaningful thing to do in life but i don't think you can get several billion dollars unless there's soemthing wrong with you. narcissistic disorder, possibly, but also there seems to be somethng of the compulsive hoarder in it, like the old ladies who feel the need to have 200 cats running around the house.

Written By: zcrito on 12/24/06 at 10:52 am

That might explain why he is not in politics.

But he has considered it, and I've been hearing about it for the last few years

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1458847

And it looks like he's a "cut and run" kind of guy, too...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/395775p-335487c.html

What he IS good at is self promotion and accumulating wealth.

Nothing wrong with that (when done in moderation).
I just wish he'd be a little more tactful in dealing with people that disagree with him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/25/06 at 12:29 am

you mean none of the kids are real? i dunno why i'm so adamant in pursuing this.

You said she has a gift for "committing real BONERS", as social blunders.  So the pun was, "I doubt any of the
BONERS are real, because O'Donnell is a lesbian, and ]BONER is a euphemism for an erect penis.  Thus being a lesbian, Rosie would have to utilize artificial BONERS.  That's all.  It's not even a very good pun, and I have to explain the wole thing!  Sheesh!
;)

i know conservatives like to say that accumulating wealth is the only meaningful thing to do in life but i don't think you can get several billion dollars unless there's soemthing wrong with you. narcissistic disorder, possibly, but also there seems to be somethng of the compulsive hoarder in it, like the old ladies who feel the need to have 200 cats running around the house.

I don't see it matching the OCD hoarding behavior at all.  Another disorder that might afflict Trump is "megalomania."  This occurred to me when MSNBC was showing their Trump hagiography this morning.  Whereas, the psychiatric disorder is more often delusional, some men (far more than women) get into positions in which they are able realize their grandiose ambitions.  The one comparison that leapt to mind was another New York urban developer,  Robert Moses.  If you took Trump, peeled off the gilded veneer, quadrupled his work load, and quintupled the size of his projects, you'd get Robert Moses!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_moses

I don't think everything Trump has done is in itself wrong or bad.  It takes more intelligence and hard work than I give him credit for to do what he has done.  What I don't like is his public persona and the way the media just fawns over him.  Trump is not an architect, a civil engineer, or even an urban planner the way the above mentioned Moses was.  Trump is a rich guy.  He's a financier.  He has the vision, the money, and the wheeler-dealer skills to get the city government to approve his projects.  No small feat to say the least!  What strikes me, however, is everybody else does the work---everybody from engineers to architects to electricians and cement mixers--and Trump takes all the credit.  Vanity used to be one of the Seven Deadly Sins.  If anything, it is Trump's own vanity, his overriding need to appear to be larger than life, that makes his accomplishments seem less significant than they would if he knew a thing or two about modesty
On the other hand, buildings like the Trump Taj Mahal were architectural losers.  Cover it with glitz because there ain't no substance to the design!
::)

Written By: Tia on 12/25/06 at 5:15 am

You said she has a gift for "committing real BONERS", as social blunders.  So the pun was, "I doubt any of the
BONERS are real, because O'Donnell is a lesbian, and ]BONER
is a euphemism for an erect penis.  Thus being a lesbian, Rosie would have to utilize artificial BONERS.  That's all.  It's not even a very good pun, and I have to explain the wole thing!  Sheesh!
;)oh, okay. i thought it would be something more interesting. the whole boner pun is so obvious, i thought it'd be funnier to use it in the non-sexual way.

Written By: Tia on 12/25/06 at 5:17 am

I don't see it matching the OCD hoarding behavior at all.  Another disorder that might afflict Trump is "megalomania."  This occurred to me when MSNBC was showing their Trump hagiography this morning.  Whereas, the psychiatric disorder is more often delusional, some men (far more than women) get into positions in which they are able realize their grandiose ambitions.  The one comparison that leapt to mind was another New York urban developer,  Robert Moses.  If you took Trump, peeled off the gilded veneer, quadrupled his work load, and quintupled the size of his projects, you'd get Robert Moses!i hardly think the OCD thing and the megalomania thing are mutually exclusive. you can be megalomaniacal, constantly getting social reality testing that causes you to doubt your own self-image, and then engage in OCD behavior in a futile effort to change your reality to match your unrealistic self-image.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/25/06 at 9:57 pm

Dear God:

Can we have James Brown back if we trade you Donald and Rosie?

--Max

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/26/06 at 6:38 pm

Dear God:

Can we have James Brown back if we trade you Donald and Rosie?

--Max

Well at least Rosie and The Donald are not convicted wife beaters.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/26/06 at 10:46 pm

Well at least Rosie and The Donald are not convicted wife beaters.  :-\\

Yeah, but James was fried on angel dust!  Can you imagine what The Donald and Rosie would do if they took as much PCP as James did?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/29/06 at 5:43 pm

Yeah, but James was fried on angel dust!  Can you imagine what The Donald and Rosie would do if they took as much PCP as James did?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif
Maybe someone ought to give both of them a massive dose of PCP and stick them in a steel cage and see what happens.

Better yet, it'd be even more fun to load them up on Ecstasy, strip them down bare-assed naked, and stick them in a mud wrestiling pit.  Everybody now, close your eyes and, 1...2...3...VISUALIZE!!!  :o :o :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/06 at 8:55 pm

Maybe someone ought to give both of them a massive dose of PCP and stick them in a steel cage and see what happens.

One dead Donald comin' right up!

Better yet, it'd be even more fun to load them up on Ecstasy, strip them down bare-assed naked, and stick them in a mud wrestiling pit.  Everybody now, close your eyes and, 1...2...3...VISUALIZE!!!  :o :o :o

No thanks, pal.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/29/06 at 9:03 pm

No thanks, pal.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif
You'd dig it the most!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/06 at 9:25 pm

You'd dig it the most!  ;D ;D ;D

I guess you've got my number down.
:-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Written By: Dagwood on 12/30/06 at 7:18 pm

Ewwwww!!!!!!!  Must.Go.Clorox.Brain

Check for new replies or respond here...