inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Comeback Bands/Singers of 2006?

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/06 at 7:47 pm

My favourite is All Saints.  I was a big fan then, and now an even bigger fan 8)

Here's a bunch of '06 comebacks ...

All Saints originally parted ways in '01, but re-grouped for a new single (Rock Steady) and accompanying album (Studio 1)

Take That broke up in 1996, but re-grouped and scored their 9th UK #1 with "Patience", their first hit since 1996

Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens) released "An Other Cup", his first pop album since 1978

"Weird Al" Yankovic scored his first ever US Top 10 hit with "White and Nerdy"

Nelly Furtado has had a constant stream of hits pretty much everywhere but America.  "Promiscuous" became her first US hit since 2001

INXS was more of a 2005 comeback, but their album "Switch" carried over to '06 and eventually gave them three Top 40 hits in Australia and Canada

There are more, but I am drawing a blank ...

Subject: Re: Best Comeback Bands/Singers of 2006?

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 7:48 pm

Nelly Furtado for the win!

Written By: woops on 12/27/06 at 8:56 pm

Deborah Gibson

She's still big in my book!

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 9:00 pm

The Live version I have on now of "Say It Right" is just simply amazing.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/06 at 9:01 pm

Deborah Gibson

She's still big in my book!

She's yet to have a comeback though.  It would be nice if she someday did make a return to the mainstream :)

Written By: woops on 12/27/06 at 9:08 pm

She's yet to have a comeback though.  It would be nice if she someday did make a return to the mainstream :)

I posted a thread about her song "Famous", which posted on "On The Records" forum...though only got one or two replies and now on the second page...

She'll release her next album sometime next year or early 2008 and currently working with producer Neal Pogue (Pink, Outkast).

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/28/06 at 12:48 pm

I didn't even know all saints made a comeback I know they sang never ever

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/06 at 1:59 pm

I didn't even know all saints made a comeback I know they sang never ever

Their comeback happened internationally.  The album has not yet been released in North America

Written By: tv on 12/29/06 at 2:35 pm

I would have to say Lionel Richie had a good comeback. It sounds like he updated his sound very well. "I Call It Love" made it up to #54 on the Billboard Hot 100 and his album debut at #6 on the Billboard 200. Doesnt sound like much success but for a guy who is refererred to the 80's all the time I thought he made a decent comeback. I'm only 27 years old myself but the guy can write a love song so well.

Written By: pink daisy on 12/30/06 at 7:09 pm

I'm so happy that Take That have made a comeback, even though I wasn't a huge fan back when they were so big in th UK.  The new album 'Beautiful World' is brilliant, the tour was fab and they're looking good.  Especially Howard...They can still dance, they don't seem to be suffering without Robbie and they can still make me sob with 'Back For Good'.  Hope they are back for good!

Check for new replies or respond here...