inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The worst of 2006

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 9:13 pm

Lemme start:

Dem Franchize Boyz
D4L
Jibbs
Cassie
Yung Joc
Cherish
Fergie (London Bridge is a guilty pleasure, but I know she sucks)

Subject: Re: The worst of 2006

Written By: woops on 12/27/06 at 9:19 pm

I think I'm losing interest on Ashley Tisdale since her music is horrible and not fond of "High School Musical" (though she's kinda cute)  :( :P

Regina Spektor, one of my friends lent me one of her albums, but I liked her music when it was originally done by Tori Amos

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 9:21 pm

I think I'm losing interest on Ashley Tisdale since her music is horrible and not fond of "High School Musical" (though she's kinda cute)  :( :P

Regina Spektor, one of my friends lent me one of her albums, but I liked her music when it was originally done by Tori Amos

Oh yes "High School Musical", how could I forget, definitely a big worst for 2006. I've heard of the Fidelity song by this Regina Spektor, not a big fan either but it's not as bad as some other stuff I've heard lol.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/06 at 9:39 pm

Jibbs, Jeezy and Yung Joc.  Their names are almost as bad as their music ;D
And all that teeny pop High School Musical crap.  It's like poison to the ears

but I know she sucks

Indeed she does.  The reason why so many guys like her ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 9:41 pm

Jibbs, Jeezy and Yung Joc.  Their names are almost as bad as their music ;D
And all that teeny pop High School Musical crap.  It's like poison to the ears

Indeed she does.  The reason why so many guys like her ;D

Jibbs Jeezy Joc sounds like something nasty that no body wants LOL.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/06 at 9:44 pm

Jibbs Jezzy Joc sounds like something nasty that no body wants LOL.

"I went to my Doctor and he told me that I have Jibbs, and that it will make my Yung Joc jeezy"

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 9:45 pm

"I went to my Doctor and he told me that I have Jibbs, and that it will make my Yung Joc jeezy"

;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/27/06 at 11:43 pm

Lemme start:

Dem Franchize Boyz
D4L
Jibbs
Cassie
Yung Joc
Cherish
Fergie (London Bridge is a guilty pleasure, but I know she sucks)

There sure was alot of crap in '06 ;D

I'd say the worst of all is Jibbs. I think that song "Chain Hang Low" will be remembered as one of the worst songs of the decade.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/06 at 11:44 pm

There sure was alot of crap in '06 ;D

I'd say the worst of all is Jibbs. I think that song "Chain Hang Low" will be remembered as one of the worst songs of the decade.

That or "Betcha Can't Do It Like Me" by D4L.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/28/06 at 11:09 am

What about K-Fed?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/28/06 at 11:13 am

He's up there!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/06 at 1:39 pm

JANUARY:

Sheik Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, 62. Emir of Dubai; prominent thoroughbred breeder. Jan. 4.

Lou Rawls, 72. Velvet-voiced singer of such hits as "Love Is a Hurtin' Thing." Jan. 6.

Shelley Winters, 85. Outspoken, Oscar-winning star who graduated from bombshell parts to dramas ("The Diary of Anne Frank.") Jan. 14.

William "Bud" Post III, 66. His $16.2 million lottery jackpot led to squabbles, business failures. Jan. 15.

Wilson Pickett, 64. Fiery soul music pioneer ("Mustang Sally.") Jan. 19.

Anthony Franciosa, 77. Hollywood actor ("A Face in the Crowd.") Jan. 19.

Fayard Nicholas, 91. With brother Harold, he wowed the tap dancing world. Jan. 24.

Johannes Rau, 75. Former German president; promoted deeper ties with
Israel. Jan. 27.

Rabbi Yitzhak Kadouri, around 106. Influential leader of Kabbalah school of Jewish mystical thought. Jan. 28.

Nam June Paik, 74. Avant-garde artist credited with inventing video art. Jan. 29.

Wendy Wasserstein, 55. Playwright who celebrated women's lives. ("The Heidi Chronicles.") Jan. 30. Lymphoma.

Coretta Scott King, 78. Civil rights leader; carried on work of her martyred husband. Jan. 30.

FEBRUARY:

Al Lewis, 82. Grandpa on "The Munsters." Feb. 3.

Betty Friedan, 85. Her "The Feminine Mystique" helped shatter the cozy suburban ideal in postwar America. Feb. 4.

Sir Freddie Laker, 83. British entrepreneur who changed air travel with his low-cost Skytrain service. Feb. 9.

Dr. Norman Shumway, 83. Performed first successful heart transplant in U.S. Feb. 10.

Peter Benchley, 65. Author of "Jaws," novel made into blockbuster movie. Feb. 11.

Curt Gowdy, 86. Sportscaster; called 13
World Series and 16 All-Star games, first Super Bowl. Feb. 20.

Archbishop Paul C. Marcinkus, 84. Top official at
Vatican's bank before scandal ended tenure. Feb. 20.

Dennis Weaver, 81. Chester on "Gunsmoke"; the cop hero in "McCloud." Feb. 24.

Don Knotts, 81. Won five Emmys for playing bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show." Feb. 24.

Darren McGavin, 83. Tough-talking actor; grouchy dad in "A Christmas Story." Feb. 25.

Otis Chandler, 78. Turned family-owned Los Angeles Times into one of nation's most distinguished papers. Feb. 27.

Retired Brig. Gen. Robert L. Scott, 97. World War II ace, wrote "God Is My Co-Pilot." Feb. 27.

MARCH:

Richard Kuklinski, 70. Notorious Mafia hitman known as "The Iceman." March 5.

Dana Reeve, 44. Actress-singer, devoted herself to husband Christopher Reeve after he was paralyzed. March 6. Lung cancer.

Kirby Puckett, 45. Baseball Hall of Famer; carried Minnesota Twins to two World Series titles. March 6. Stroke.

Gordon Parks, 93. Life photographer, Hollywood's first major black director ("Shaft.") March 7.

John Profumo, 91. Former British Cabinet minister at center of huge 1963 scandal. March 9.

Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, 75. Hockey Hall of Famer credited with inventing slap shot. March 11.

Slobodan Milosevic, 64. Former Yugoslav leader; accused of orchestrating conflict that killed 250,000 people. March 11.

Maureen Stapleton, 80. Oscar-winning actress who excelled on stage, screen, and television. March 13.

Oleg Cassini, 92. His designs helped make Jacqueline Kennedy most glamorous first lady in history. March 17.

Sarah Caldwell, 82. Hailed as first lady of opera for productions with Opera Company of Boston. March 23.

Buck Owens, 76. Flashy rhinestone cowboy who shaped country music ("Act Naturally.") March 25.

Lyn Nofziger, 81.
Ronald Reagan's press secretary and political adviser. March 27.

Caspar Weinberger, 88. Consummate Cold Warrior; Reagan's defense secretary. March 28.

APRIL:

Gene Pitney, 66. Singer with a string of hits ("Town Without Pity.") April 5.

J.B. Fuqua, 87. Tycoon who built multibillion-dollar Fuqua Industries. April 5.

June Pointer, 52. Youngest of hitmaking Pointer Sisters ("I'm So Excited.") April 11. Cancer.

The Rev. William Sloane Coffin, 81. Former Yale chaplain known for Vietnam era activism. April 12.

Dame Muriel Spark, 88. British novelist ("The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.") April 13.

Scott Crossfield, 84. First to fly at twice the speed of sound. April 19. Plane crash.

John Kenneth Galbraith, 97. Economist whose influence stretched from White House to Main Street. April 29.

MAY:

Louis Rukeyser 73. Public TV host known for commonsense commentary on business. May 2.

Lillian Asplund, 99. Last Titanic survivor with memories of sinking. May 6.

Floyd Patterson, 71. Boxing great; regained heavyweight title in 1960 in rematch. May 11.

"Sonny" Montgomery, 85. Fifteen-term Mississippi congressman, pushed through modernized GI Bill. May 12.

Cy Feuer, 95. Co-producer of Broadway smashes ("Guys and Dolls.") May 17.

Katherine Dunham, 96. Choreographer who brought African influences to U.S. dance. May 21.

Lloyd Bentsen, 85. Former Treasury secretary, Texas senator. May 23.

JUNE:

Billy Preston, 59. Singer-keyboardist ("Nothing From Nothing"); played with the Beatles. June 6. Heart infection; kidney failure.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, 39. Leader of al-Qaida in
Iraq. June 7. U.S. air strike.

Kenneth Thomson, 82. Canada's richest person. June 12.

Charles Haughey, 80. Irish prime minister; career haunted by ethical questions. June 13.

Aaron Spelling, 83. TV impresario whose shows ("Beverly Hills 90210") were wildly popular. June 23.

Patsy Ramsey, 49. Was thrust into spotlight by unsolved slaying of her daughter JonBenet. June 24. Cancer.

JULY:

Kenneth Lay, 64. Enron founder who tumbled into disgrace. July 5.

June Allyson, 88. Hollywood movies' "perfect wife." July 8.

Shamil Basayev, 41.
Chechnya warlord, claimed responsibility for deadly Russian school siege. Announced July 10. Allegedly killed by Russian forces.

Red Buttons, 87. Actor-comedian; won Oscar with a dramatic turn in "Sayonara." July 13.

Robert Brooks, 69. Chairman of Hooters of America, restaurants famed for scantily clad waitresses. July 16.

Mickey Spillane, 88. Macho mystery writer who wowed millions of readers. July 17.

Thurl Metzger, 90. Longtime leader of Heifer International, which provides livestock to the poor. July 26.

AUGUST

Dutch Cardinal Johannes Willebrands, 96. Key figure in Roman Catholics' efforts to improve relations with other Christians, Jews. Aug. 1.

Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, 90. Soprano who won global acclaim. Aug. 3.

Susan Butcher, 51. Four-time Iditarod sled dog race winner. Aug. 5. Leukemia.

James A. Van Allen, 91. Physicist; leader in space exploration. Aug. 9.

Mike Douglas, 81. Affable TV talk show host and singer. Aug. 11.

Alfredo Stroessner, 93. Ruled Paraguay for decades with a blend of guile and force. Aug. 16.

Joe Rosenthal, 94. Associated Press photojournalist who took picture of flag-raising on Iwo Jima. Aug. 20.

Maria Esther de Capovilla, 116. Believed to be world's oldest person. Aug. 27.

Naguib Mahfouz, 94. First Arab writer to win Nobel in literature. Aug. 30.

Glenn Ford, 90. Actor who played strong, thoughtful men ("The Blackboard Jungle.") Aug. 30.

SEPTEMBER:

Nellie Connally, 87. Former Texas first lady; was in President Kennedy's limousine when he was assassinated. Sept. 1.

Bob Mathias, 75. Two-time Olympic decathlon champion; California congressman. Sept. 2.

Steve Irwin, 44. Television's irrepressible "Crocodile Hunter." Sept 4. Sting ray attack.

Daniel Smith, 20.
Anna Nicole Smith's son; sudden passing made headlines worldwide. Sept 10. Drug combination.

Patty Berg, 88. Golf pioneer; won 15 major LPGA titles. Sept. 10.

Ann Richards, 73. Former Texas governor, flamboyant Democrat who went from homemaker to political celebrity. Sept. 13.

Oriana Fallaci, 76. Italian journalist noted for probing interviews with powerful people. Sept. 15.

Iva Toguri D'Aquino, 90. Convicted of treason as alleged propagandist Tokyo Rose; later pardoned. Sept. 26.

Byron Nelson, 94. Golfer; his 11 straight tournament victories in 1945 stand as one of sports' most enduring records. Sept. 26.

OCTOBER:

Helen Chenoweth-Hage, 68. Three-term Idaho congresswoman; outspoken conservative. Oct. 2. Car crash.

Gary C. Comer, 78. Founded Lands' End clothing company. Oct. 4.

Buck O'Neil, 94. Negro Leagues batting ace; star of PBS' "Baseball." Oct. 6.

Dr. Mason Andrews, 87. Delivered nation's first test-tube baby. Oct. 13.

Gerry Studds, 69. First openly gay member of Congress; homosexuality exposed during page scandal. Oct. 14.

Jane Wyatt, 96. One of TV's favorite moms ("Father Knows Best.") Oct. 20.

Red Auerbach, 89. Basketball Hall of Famer; guided Boston Celtics to 16 championships. Oct. 28.

P.W. Botha, 90. Apartheid-era South African president. Oct. 31.

NOVEMBER:

William Styron, 81. Pulitzer-winning novelist ("The Confessions of Nat Turner.") Nov. 1.

Ed Bradley, 65. TV journalist who created a powerful body of work on "60 Minutes." Nov. 9.

Jack Palance, 87. Hollywood heavy ("Shane") who turned to comedy, winning Oscar for "City Slickers." Nov. 10.

Gerald Levert, 40. Fiery R&B singer ("Casanova.") Nov. 10.

Milton Friedman, 94. Nobel-winning economist; advocated an unfettered free market. Nov. 16.

Bo Schembechler, 77. One of college football's great coaches, compiling 194-48-5 record at Michigan. Nov. 17.

Robert Altman, 81. Caustic Hollywood director ("Nashville.") Nov. 20.

Betty Comden, 89. Her collaboration with Adolph Green produced "Singin' in the Rain." Nov. 23.

Anita O'Day, 87. One of most respected 1940s jazz vocalists. Nov. 23.

Willie Pep, 84. Hall-of-fame boxer. Nov. 23.

Alexander Litvinenko, 43. Former Russian spy who criticized homeland's government. Nov. 23. Poisoned.

DECEMBER:

Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, 80. U.S. ambassador to
United Nations during Reagan administration. Dec. 7.

Georgia Gibbs, 87. Hitmaking 1950s singer ("Kiss of Fire," "Dance With Me, Henry.") Dec. 9.

Gen. Augusto Pinochet, 91. Chilean leader who terrorized opponents; took power in bloody coup. Dec. 10.

Peter Boyle, 71. The curmudgeonly father on "Everybody Loves Raymond." Dec. 12.

Lamar Hunt, 74. Owner of football's Kansas City Chiefs; coined term "Super Bowl." Dec. 13.

Added: James Brown & Gerald Ford

(if any are missed, I apoligized. I just copied and pasted the list)

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/06 at 3:33 pm

The worst of 2006-the war.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Stompgal on 12/29/06 at 11:52 am

Here are my worst moments of 2006:

Steve Irwin died at the age of 44 of a stingray attack in September.
Joseph Barbera (cartoon legend) died of natural causes at the age of 95 in December.
James Brown died of pneumonia aged 73 on Christmas Day 2006.
Britney Spears divorced K-Fed (Ex) by SMS in November, two months after their second son Jayden James was born.
Salmonella traces were found in several Cadbury's products in the UK in June.
Saddam Hussein received a death sentence.

Written By: tv on 12/29/06 at 3:13 pm

Worst moments:

To be serious you have to worry about Nicole Richie's weight. She could lose her life to her weight issue's. I know we laugh at actress's or actors actions but her weight issue is serious.

Mike Tysons recent arrest" Can his life get anymore complicated?

The American Auto Industry- They just lose market share to the Japanese, Europeans, and Koreans each year. Ford is in trouble unless they merge with Toyota which each automaker is starting talks with each other.

Steroid Testing in Baseball

Hip-Hop's state.

The state of boxing(the sport)

Written By: Brian06 on 12/29/06 at 5:24 pm

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of crappy music, I'm gonna be giving up listening to it anymore.

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/06 at 5:38 pm

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of crappy music, I'm gonna be giving up listening to it anymore.

Does that mean you won't be getting "The Best of Jibbs" on CD? :D

Written By: Brian06 on 12/29/06 at 5:43 pm

Does that mean you won't be getting "The Best of Jibbs" on CD? :D

;D. I hate Jibbs, D4L, Dem Franchize Boyz, Unk, Lil Scrappy and his money in the bank, all of them pieces of crap. I'm sick of turning on the radio and hearing the same damn stupid song every time. They've been playing the same songs all year it seems. I wish they would all go away, but I don't really care anymore, I'll listen to real music instead.

Written By: woops on 12/29/06 at 10:41 pm

TV:

Creepy kiddie show "Pee Wee's Playhouse" on Adult Swim  :P

Also the fact "American Idol" & "Survivior" are still on the air  ::)

Written By: tv on 12/29/06 at 10:44 pm

;D. I hate Jibbs, D4L, Dem Franchize Boyz, Unk, Lil Scrappy and his money in the bank, all of them pieces of crap. I'm sick of turning on the radio and hearing the same damn stupid song every time. They've been playing the same songs all year it seems. I wish they would all go away, but I don't really care anymore, I'll listen to real music instead.
Dem Franchise Boys and DL 4 were hot like 10-12 months ago but not anymore. Jibbs he is a one hit wonder.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/29/06 at 11:46 pm

TV:

Also the fact "American Idol" & "Survivior" are still on the air  ::)

I woukd rather watch Pee Wee's Playhouse, than American Idol.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 11:48 pm

TV:

What have you, NO GUTS!?

That's a great, great show.

Check for new replies or respond here...