inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the latest kim richards news.

Written By: Tia on 12/28/06 at 6:37 pm

well, okay, it's actually a couple of months old but because kim richards isn't expressly mentioned it fell under my radar.

brooke ashley brinson, one of KR's daughters, apparently started a pileup with paris' mercedes. (that's paris hilton, not paris the ultra boffo hacked off rap artist. THAT would have actually been cool.)

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8061625d-4b7a-44c4-b3be-09528530f3bb

the effect this may have on the unveiling of brooke ashley's line of designer jewelry, slated for next year, is not yet entirely clear. updates as events warrant!

and kim, if you need an extra pair of hands around the house you just let me know. that brood's gettin' unruly!

Subject: Re: the latest kim richards news.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/28/06 at 6:42 pm

OMG!  She rear-ended Paris!

Written By: Tia on 12/28/06 at 6:45 pm

OMG!  She rear-ended Paris!
kinkier than that bro! she used paris as a dildo to rearend someone else! some workin' class unwashed folks!

it upsets me that KR isn't making enough on residuals on her own to pay for her kids to have hot cars. this upsets me.

Written By: KKay on 12/28/06 at 6:52 pm

wow...four car chain reaction...

Written By: Tia on 12/28/06 at 7:58 pm

wow...four car chain reaction...
well in LA that's a fender bender.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/06 at 1:01 pm

??? Who is Kim Richards ???

Written By: La Roche on 12/29/06 at 1:39 pm

Start running.. now.. don't turn around, just run. I'll hold him off as long as possible.. just RUN!! RUN AS FAST YOU CAN!!

Written By: spaceace on 12/29/06 at 2:06 pm

It's been nice knowing you LyricBoy.

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 3:49 pm

she has another daughter, kimberly. which is sorta like a kim richards, jr. i think she's supposed to be known as "kimberly" to avoid confusion but, come on, how long's that really gonna last?

so it's a fair question. doubtless lyricboy is aware of young kim jr. and is wondering if i might in fact be referring to her. but rest assured, lyricboy, i do in fact mean the elder kim, whom, of course, we all know and love.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/06 at 4:53 pm

she has another daughter, kimberly. which is sorta like a kim richards, jr. i think she's supposed to be known as "kimberly" to avoid confusion but, come on, how long's that really gonna last?

so it's a fair question. doubtless lyricboy is aware of young kim jr. and is wondering if i might in fact be referring to her. but rest assured, lyricboy, i do in fact mean the elder kim, whom, of course, we all know and love.

Never heard of either one of 'em, Tia.  :-\\

Are they related to Denise Richards  or maybe Michael Richards from Seinfeld ???

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 4:56 pm

Never heard of either one of 'em, Tia.  :-\\

Are they related to Denise Richards ???
no. she's paris hilton's aunt. her daughter rear-ended your car in LA that time, remember? well, she might not have. she rear-ended a lot of cars, though. so statistically, she probably did.

she was in the witch mountain movies?!? meatballs II? every t.v. show from the 70s from nanny and the professor to emergency! to hello larry? you've been staring at her for the last 14 months? ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 4:58 pm

WOWwwwweeee wow wow...

check out the pix on this site!
http://www.spookyempire.com/pop_culture_convention/kim_richards.html

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/29/06 at 5:00 pm

http://www.spookyempire.com/pop_culture_convention/images/kim_richards_88.jpg

Mike's new avatar.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 5:00 pm

http://www.spookyempire.com/pop_culture_convention/images/kim_richards_88.jpg

Mike's new avatar.

no sh.t! great shots on that page.

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 5:02 pm

WOWwwwweeee wow wow...

check out the pix on this site!
http://www.spookyempire.com/pop_culture_convention/kim_richards.html
sunbaked kim, yes? she's kinda scary in those pictures. she looks a helluva lot better now.

she doesn't do conventions anymore, that i know of, but ike eisenmann's supposedly gonna do a bunch next year.

http://www.spookyempire.com/pop_culture_convention/pics/kim_richards.jpg

the picture that made me think maybe i had a shot at winning KR's love. unfortunately she's all beautiful again now.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 5:03 pm

sunbaked kim, yes? she's kinda scary in those pictures. she looks a helluva lot better now.

she doesn't do conventions anymore, that i know of, but ike eisenmann's supposedly gonna do a bunch next year.

cool. sure do love him.

pssst: how long do you plan to be artsy foreign Tia?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/29/06 at 5:12 pm

no. she's paris hilton's aunt. her daughter rear-ended your car in LA that time, remember? well, she might not have. she rear-ended a lot of cars, though. so statistically, she probably did.

she was in the witch mountain movies?!? meatballs II? every t.v. show from the 70s from nanny and the professor to emergency! to hello larry? you've been staring at her for the last 14 months? ;D

Oh, well if she is Paris Hilton's aunt, then I would certainly party with her...  :P

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 5:13 pm

cool. sure do love him.

pssst: how long do you plan to be artsy foreign Tia?
i'm thinking of stealing badfinger fan's avatar next.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 5:14 pm

i'm thinking of stealing badfinger fan's avatar next.

hehe
just put that  picture of the building in Winslow, AZ in your sig line. that would do it.

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 5:18 pm

Oh, well if she is Paris Hilton's aunt, then I would certainly party with her...  :P
"party" with her?!?

http://kimrichards.net/Kim/clippings/gmbc-KimRichards(TeenWorldJune70)-1.jpg

that's sick, dude! ;D

paris i believe is the daughter of KR's older sister kathy, from her marriage to the famous hotel magnate. kim and kyle went the movie and t.v. route, kathy decided to become a socialite.

Written By: Tia on 12/29/06 at 5:19 pm

hehe
just put that  picture of the building in Winslow, AZ in your sig line. that would do it.
hey! you stole MY avatar! that's not fair!

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 5:19 pm

kathy decided to become a socialite.

I need that option in my life.

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 9:10 am

paris! run in on a possible DUI probation violation! her bentley confiscated!

http://www.tmz.com/2007/02/28/another-paris-driving-mishap/

who knew it would be so impossible to keep those richards kids in cars? maybe if they all had ford festivas or something.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/02/0228_paris_impound_gallery_.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/07 at 9:11 am

paris! run in on a possible DUI probation violation! her bentley confiscated!

http://www.tmz.com/2007/02/28/another-paris-driving-mishap/

who knew it would be so impossible to keep those richards kids in cars? maybe if they all had ford festivas or something.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/02/0228_paris_impound_gallery_.jpg

Nissan sunny maybe?

I watched Witch Mountain last night by the way and really creeped everyone out by knowing all about it.. thanks a bunch Mike, now my friends think I'm a child molester.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 9:21 am

Nissan sunny maybe?

I watched Witch Mountain last night by the way and really creeped everyone out by knowing all about it.. thanks a bunch Mike, now my friends think I'm a child molester.  ;D
they were bound to find out sooner or later. did you really wanna go on living a lie?

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/07 at 9:25 am

glad to help. if you didn't see it as a kid you really have no excuse, it's sorta like knowing all about "spy kids."

"look at those tight tight uniforms!!!!"

which one did you see?

Watched Escape To... the classic.

I've never actually seen Return From.. all the way through, so I need to.

Yeah, I didn't really mention tight uniforms.. ya know, just saying.

I did mention that she got hot like Wednesday Adams did.

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 11:32 am

Watched Escape To... the classic.

I've never actually seen Return From.. all the way through, so I need to.

Yeah, I didn't really mention tight uniforms.. ya know, just saying.

I did mention that she got hot like Wednesday Adams did.
return from witch mountain kinda dares you to watch it, unless you're pretty hardcore 70s.

by maybe not that weird a coincidence i was watching the EtWM commentary track last night. believe it or not i've only watched it once.

i'm very impressed that ike eisenmann was a fan of thx-1138 at the age of 11. he's a smart cookie, that one.

Written By: Marian on 04/04/07 at 4:07 pm

return from witch mountain kinda dares you to watch it, unless you're pretty hardcore 70s.

by maybe not that weird a coincidence i was watching the EtWM commentary track last night. believe it or not i've only watched it once.

i'm very impressed that ike eisenmann was a fan of thx-1138 at the age of 11. he's a smart cookie, that one.
Wonder what he's doing now.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 6:36 am

ike eisenmann is married with a dog somewhere in california, he's a sound engineer and does voiceover work for animated shows from time to time.

from every interview i've ever seen ike's an incredibly smart dude. i'm an official member of the ike eisenmann fan club. (i actually really am. i get the email digest every day.)

incidentally, he changed his name. it's now... iake... he changed his last name too, i can't remember how to spell it. he threw a few random "i"s into it. i think it's a tad weird any time anybody changes their name, but whatever. he breathed some of kim richards' air, therefore he gets to do whatever he wants.

i was gonna change my name to "mykl woard." still might do that, what the hell.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/07/07 at 9:10 am

ike eisenmann is married with a dog somewhere in california, he's a sound engineer and does voiceover work for animated shows from time to time.

from every interview i've ever seen ike's an incredibly smart dude. i'm an official member of the ike eisenmann fan club. (i actually really am. i get the email digest every day.)

incidentally, he changed his name. it's now... iake... he changed his last name too, i can't remember how to spell it. he threw a few random "i"s into it. i think it's a tad weird any time anybody changes their name, but whatever. he breathed some of kim richards' air, therefore he gets to do whatever he wants.

i was gonna change my name to "mykl woard." still might do that, what the hell.

According to IMDb his alternate names are:Ike Eisenman / Iake Eissenmann / Lake Eissinman / Iake Eissinmann / Jake Eissinmann

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 9:39 am

According to IMDb his alternate names are:Ike Eisenman / Iake Eissenmann / Lake Eissinman / Iake Eissinmann / Jake Eissinmann
at the beginning of "devil dog" they misspell his name with one "N." ike eisenman. i bet that's where the first one came from. I think the other one i was previously familiar with is "iake eissinmann." i've never heard of the other ones, though, dag, it's like he's a fugitive!

the story he tells is that he changed his name to differentiate his child actor incarnation from his sound engineer incarnation. he has a web site with an annoying midi song.

http://www.tuffnet.co.uk/ike/index.php

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 10:16 am

ike eisenmann is married with a dog
er, allow me to clarify. ike eisenmann is married and also owns a dog. :P

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 10:41 am

I'm sure his wife thanks you for the clarification

Written By: Marian on 04/07/07 at 1:56 pm

okay,I wonder what his wife looks like! :D

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 2:50 pm

okay,I wonder what his wife looks like! :D
http://www.tuffnet.co.uk/ike/images1/pages/013.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 4:23 pm

http://www.tuffnet.co.uk/ike/images1/pages/013.jpg

OMG! seriously, you are dangerous... what else do you have access  too? 

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 5:09 pm

OMG! seriously, you are dangerous... what else do you have access  too? 
i'm actually in ike eisenmann's basement right now!

that's actually from his home page.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 5:27 pm

yeah but where's the picture of the dog?

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 5:38 pm

http://www.tuffnet.co.uk/ike/index.php

I'm guessing he went with the Tuffnet website to protest the oversite not creating a role for him as Tia's I'm mean Frankie's brother in Tuff Turf?   

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:34 pm

I'm guessing he went with the Tuffnet website to protest the oversite not creating a role for him as Tia's I'm mean Frankie's brother in Tuff Turf?   
that's interesting, i hadn't thought of that.

kim and ike worked together three times, on the two witch mountain movies and on one other film. who can name it? ???

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/07 at 1:18 pm

that's interesting, i hadn't thought of that.

kim and ike worked together three times, on the two witch mountain movies and on one other film. who can name it? ???

Well duh you've been talking about it for a while isn't it that Blair Witch parody movie (it is a parody right?)  where they play  Tia and Tony again?

Written By: Tia on 04/08/07 at 1:25 pm

Well duh you've been talking about it for a while isn't it that Blair Witch parody movie (it is a parody right?)  where they play  Tia and Tony again?
haha. oops, i forgot about that.

okay, turns out there's two.

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/07 at 4:26 pm

haha. oops, i forgot about that.

okay, turns out there's two.

hmmm I'll have to think about it then... I don't want to take the easy route and hit up IMDB.com 

BTW....YOU FORGOT? HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT A KIM RICHARDS FILM?  Again to you I say SACRELIGE!!!

15 minutes later..... couldn't stand it had to look it up.... no wonder I couldn't figure it out... I've never seen it before was it good Tia?   A movie about a satanic mutt sounds right up my alley wonder why I never saw it?

Yet another 5 minutes has passed... I just moved it to the top of my Netflix Que.  . . thinking of doing a mad dog triple feature by adding Cujo and Man's Best Friend... that should cover the 70's, 80's & 90's of that genre.

Written By: Tia on 04/08/07 at 6:41 pm

hmmm I'll have to think about it then... I don't want to take the easy route and hit up IMDB.com 

BTW....YOU FORGOT? HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT A KIM RICHARDS FILM?  Again to you I say SACRELIGE!!!

15 minutes later..... couldn't stand it had to look it up.... no wonder I couldn't figure it out... I've never seen it before was it good Tia?  A movie about a satanic mutt sounds right up my alley wonder why I never saw it?

Yet another 5 minutes has passed... I just moved it to the top of my Netflix Que.  . . thinking of doing a mad dog triple feature by adding Cujo and Man's Best Friend... that should cover the 70's, 80's & 90's of that genre.
sweet! you should let me know when you're watching it, i'll throw in my copy too and we can make fun of it in tandem. it's a pretty ridiculous movie.

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 9:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLisjHhfU7g#GU5U2spHI_4

omg. someone's hating on kim richards.

pa, fetch my shotgun!

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 5:20 pm

you know, i really haven't been talking about kim richards enough lately.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/08/07 at 5:23 pm

^
Yes,and we've all been suffering :\'(

What's the deal? You got a new obssession now? ::)

Written By: La Roche on 05/08/07 at 5:23 pm

Now he's in to furrys.

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 5:28 pm

i made my friends watch some of the choicest kim richards moments from magnum p.i. last night. good times, good times.

Written By: KKay on 05/08/07 at 5:29 pm

i made my friends watch some of the choicest kim richards moments from magnum p.i. last night. good times, good times.

it's good to keep the kids off the streets.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/08/07 at 5:30 pm

Now he's in to furrys.

Uh-oh,but it's beach season!

Written By: La Roche on 05/08/07 at 5:37 pm

.. Friends.. or just the people you live with?

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 5:42 pm

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/escape5.jpg

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 5:43 pm

the director of devil dog died today, in actual kim richards news. i wonder if anyone from the cast will be going to the funeral.

Written By: KKay on 05/08/07 at 9:23 pm

the director of devil dog died today, in actual kim richards news. i wonder if anyone from the cast will be going to the funeral.

now's your big chance!

Written By: Tia on 05/08/07 at 9:44 pm

now's your big chance!
remember that flick with owen wilson and, um, vince vaughn or whoever? the wedding crashers? where it turns out the place to make your move is at funerals. i wasn't much for that movie but i thought that was an interesting move.

anyway, i don't actually dig kim in that way. i simply admire her as an artist.

Written By: Tia on 05/11/07 at 7:25 am

perhaps i do.

Written By: La Roche on 05/11/07 at 11:27 am

perhaps i do.

Perhaps you double do? Which would not maybe might be don't.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 7:54 pm

sweet! you should let me know when you're watching it, i'll throw in my copy too and we can make fun of it in tandem. it's a pretty ridiculous movie.

Finally got around to watching Devil Dog... Sorry I wasn't near a computer or I would've invited you to a cyber party... it was pretty ridiculous... .want to know what was more ridiculous? The lame ass remake of Devil Dog. It was shot on Video... maybe even vhs-c and it basically looks like soft core porn without the sex... uh not that I'm an expert on soft core porn or anything :-[ but I've noticed it contains a specific vhs quality when I channel surf past Skinemax on Friday nights...  ::)

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 8:01 pm

Finally got around to watching Devil Dog... Sorry I wasn't near a computer or I would've invited you to a cyber party... it was pretty ridiculous... .want to know what was more ridiculous? The lame ass remake of Devil Dog. It was shot on Video... maybe even vhs-c and it basically looks like soft core porn without the sex... uh not that I'm an expert on soft core porn or anything :-[ but I've noticed it contains a specific vhs quality when I channel surf past Skinemax on Friday nights...   ::)
on netflix they show the cover art from the 78 version but will actually send you the soft porn remake. their database is screwed up.

send the beast! send him now!

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 8:04 pm

on netflix they show the cover art from the 78 version but will actually send you the soft porn remake. their database is screwed up.

send the beast! send him now!

Yeah I ordered both so I didn't have that problem I like remakes of bad movies... but not remakes that bad. I ended up turning the 06 version off. At least I made it through to the end of the original....  I started wanted to turn it off when Crenna had to fly to freakin Ecuador to learn how to klill the beast and the graphics were so bad that the climax was definately anti climatic.

Hey- I was wondering- when Bonnie and Charlie go to the attic I thought they were alittleclose (if you know what I mean)  you like Ike and Tia ever hooked up? Hey all those Brady Kids did.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 8:25 pm

hmm, that's possible. strange i never thought of that. which is weird.

they were at that age where "hooking up" probably didn't mean much more than sharing a milkshake and maybe some heavy petting. although maybe i'm just being naive and at the end of every day they immediately went back to their trailer and started running through the kama sutra. :o one shudders to think.

devil dog has some pacing problems, yeah. its modeling after the omen is really very tight, and they totally have that moment in iraq when they go abroad to the exotic country, but in devil dog the backstory is so muddled (the one-eyed dog is pretty chill, but the three-eyed dog, now THAT's a big deal! good luck finding a historical referent to THAT little bit of mythology.they're probably just riffing off cerberus, with the three heads...), so when he goes abroad you're just thinking, okay. ecuador? whytf are you going to ecuador? but that old witch doctor guy was so funny i was still on board.

and i love crenna, he's really a pretty good actor i think and he's trying to work with it. he's just out there on the beach without any air support.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 8:40 pm

hmm, that's possible. strange i never thought of that. which is weird.

they were at that age where "hooking up" probably didn't mean much more than sharing a milkshake and maybe some heavy petting. although maybe i'm just being naive and at the end of every day they immediately went back to their trailer and started running through the kama sutra. :o one shudders to think.

devil dog has some pacing problems, yeah. its modeling after the omen is really very tight, and they totally have that moment in iraq when they go abroad to the exotic country, but in devil dog the backstory is so muddled (the one-eyed dog is pretty chill, but the three-eyed dog, now THAT's a big deal! good luck finding a historical referent to THAT little bit of mythology.they're probably just riffing off cerberus, with the three heads...), so when he goes abroad you're just thinking, okay. ecuador? whytf are you going to ecuador? but that old witch doctor guy was so funny i was still on board.

and i love crenna, he's really a pretty good actor i think and he's trying to work with it. he's just out there on the beach without any air support.

Crenna is a good actor but no one can rise above this... why didn't the woman in the occult book store know more? I mean she sells books on the Occult for God's sake.  what did happen to the other nine dogs in the litter?  and was it just me or did the Shaman look too white to be an authentic Ecuadoran Shaman?  I guess they didn't know about Voodoo (New Orleans) or Santeria (NY or LA) in 1978.

Yeah I thought about Cerberus too when they were talking about the three eyes. Then I thought about the ever insightful "inner eye" maybe the reason Lucky could turn the kids (and mom) so easily is because of the third eye... he could see their souls... yeah I over analyzed that part.

Okay the worst part for me was when Lucky chases mom through the house and into her bedroom and then door closes and we are left out in the hall.  All kinds of really weird, sick, twisted, unnatural thoughts came to my head.... but then again.... how awesome would that movie have been if it ended with mom giving birth to a litter of evil puppies... I picture them like Jackals, humanesque bodies with German sheperd heads.  Dude it was already sick when I thought she was being raped by the dog... by comparrison the labor thing is pretty tame.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 8:47 pm

lol. i sorta went in the opposite direction, the whole movie seemed so innocent minded (it was made for t.v., and 70s made for t.v. is usually SO pedestrian. nobody so much as says "darn.") so the funniest thing for me is when they tried to make this dog all scary, so they'd have, like, the maid or whoever trying to act all scared and freaked out and meanwhile here's this adorable puppy sitting in his doggie bed looking fluffy and you're just like, okay, this isn't scary. i'm just... not scared. the filmmakers aren't able to connect the two. i think it's interesting, because they're obviously riffing off of the omen, where they have the cute kid looking on and people spontaneously feel moved to commit suicide or die in ridiculous ways. and when you think about it -- cherub boy possessed by satan, that actually works. remember "It", the stephen king franchise? clowns work. you can make them scary. there are a lot of great horror flicks out there that make carnivals and circuses scary -- carnival of souls, freaks, something wicked... but cute puppies? nope. sorry. not scary. not sure why.

i would love to get my hands on that watercolor of the three-eyed devil. i think they say something about somebody who worked on the film still has it. if it turned up on ebay, i'd sell a kidney.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 8:48 pm

crenna gives the lawnmower scene a lot. i think that's devil dog in a nutshell. the scene still fails on every level, but i love to watch crenna fail in it. he gives it so much, he almost, almost saves it. it's wonderful.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 9:02 pm

crenna gives the lawnmower scene a lot. i think that's devil dog in a nutshell. the scene still fails on every level, but i love to watch crenna fail in it. he gives it so much, he almost, almost saves it. it's wonderful.

I am a sick individual I was watching scene chanting "Do it! Do it! Do it!" His facial expression is to die for. 

I love those movies where the dog is supposed to be viciously attacking an actor or stunt man and then you realize that the dog's tail is wagging. HILARIOUS!  Did you see Trapped with James Brolin- he was locked in a department store over night and the guard dogs tried to eat him alive?  Now that was a great 70's movie.  Oh and the Doberman Gang.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/07 at 6:44 am

I read that Kim and Ritchie Sambora have officially broken up.  I wonder if she will become Heather Locklear's BFF again? ???

Written By: Tia on 05/20/07 at 7:20 am

omg. you know a helluva lot more about her than i do. where you getting this stuff? i simply MUST know!

hell, i'ma spook you by PMing you. cuz all this is too red hot info. 8)

Written By: Tia on 05/20/07 at 7:23 am

oh, you're talking about denise.  ;D

bff? don't you mean bfd?  ;D i totally fell for it because heather locklear is pretty much KR's generation. i could totally believe they met somewhere and became confidantes.

Check for new replies or respond here...