inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Happy Feet"

Written By: woops on 01/01/07 at 9:36 pm

Sorry if there's already a topic, but "Happy Feet" is the best animated movie I've seen in 2006. 

Though a bit too preachy towards the end, it featured the best CGI (next to the boring/overrated "Polar Express") and the fact Brittany Murphy (voice of Gloria) has a decent singing voice.  8)

I know the story have been done before with the Disney classic "Dumbo" & the Rankin/Bass "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer", but hey...nothing's original anymore  ::)

Subject: Re: "Happy Feet"

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:25 am

I'm with you there, Woops.  I loved it - those big dance numbers with all the penguins had me boogying in my seat!  The plots was a teeny bit unbelievable (how did Mumble get back to his ice floe or whatever?  I know he was being tracked, but how did they know where to drop him off?) but the kids I took with me didn't seem to notice.  You just need to believe that dancing penguins convey a message - so you shouldn't just dismiss them by saying 'Ooh look!  Dancing penguins' - as I probably would.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/02/07 at 10:49 am

I thought it was a very cute movie!  :)

Written By: Tia on 01/02/07 at 10:52 am

i liked the middle, thought the beginning and the end were totally annoying. and i hated most of the music. but that was probably just me.

that movie was saved, to the extent it WAS saved, by robin williams. he was in rare form.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 11:36 am

I did enjoy the animation, it was great. 

The story was all over the place, too many loose ends.  I was bored and ready to go home after about 15 minutes.  I couldn't wait for it to end and then when I was watching the end I was like What the heck?  Where did that ending come from?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/07 at 1:48 pm

I'm with you there, Woops.  I loved it - those big dance numbers with all the penguins had me boogying in my seat!  The plots was a teeny bit unbelievable (how did Mumble get back to his ice floe or whatever?  I know he was being tracked, but how did they know where to drop him off?) but the kids I took with me didn't seem to notice.  You just need to believe that dancing penguins convey a message - so you shouldn't just dismiss them by saying 'Ooh look!  Dancing penguins' - as I probably would.
Great film.

As for the get back to his ice floe, Emperor Penguins are always assiociate with the same track of ice, so just take little Mumble back to the rookery, it would be the correct one for his kind.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 1:50 pm

Blimey! How do you happen to know this stuff?  Are you a marine biologist?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/07 at 1:51 pm

I saw March of the Penguins last year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/07 at 1:53 pm

I saw March of the Penguins last year.

...and keen David Attenborough addict

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 1:57 pm

Aaah!  Now I see all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/07 at 2:02 pm

Aaah!  Now I see all.
The music and songs was superb, and I hope will win an Oscar.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/03/07 at 1:32 pm

I've seen Happy Feet and I enjoyed it. Mumble is a cute penguin and when I feel happy, I start to tap my feet like him.
I like the quotes such as, "What's wrong with his feet?" and, "Show me whatcha got!" My favourite parts are when Mumble jumps up from the water and says, "What you waiting for?" and five penguins sing their version of If You Leave Me Now to Mumble.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/05/07 at 4:37 am

and five penguins sing their version of If You Leave Me Now to Mumble.

that bit was so cute !

I saw it this week and loved it. Loved Hugh Jackman singing and Robin Williams was an absolute stealer !! He rocked as usual.

The snow and water and cloud effects were gorgeous and did we all spot Steve Irwin as one of the ocker Elephant Seals !!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/07 at 12:36 pm

that bit was so cute !

I saw it this week and loved it. Loved Hugh Jackman singing and Robin Williams was an absolute stealer !! He rocked as usual.

The snow and water and cloud effects were gorgeous and did we all spot Steve Irwin as one of the ocker Elephant Seals !!
The film is dedicated to Steve Irwin too.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/09/07 at 6:31 am

The film is dedicated to Steve Irwin too.

Ohh was that in the credits ? I must have missed it in the excitement of spotting all my We Will Rock You cast friends in the dance credits !

Check for new replies or respond here...