inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grease : You're The One That I Want!

Written By: shirleyrocks on 01/02/07 at 1:49 pm

New show on NBC, premieres Jan 7 @ 8pm!  I'm excited to watch, anybody else?  It follows hopefuls who want to be the next Sandy and Danny on the Broadway production of Grease.

http://www.nbc.com/Grease
http://www.myspace.com/greaseonnbc
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GreaseWantsYou

Could I have provided more links?!  Ha, sorry.  I work at NBC so I've got the inside story. 

Subject: Re: Grease : You're The One That I Want!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/07 at 9:22 pm

Say it ain't so, Joe!
::)

Written By: Gis on 01/03/07 at 1:21 am

It's on T.V in the U.K too but for the West End production. The Sound of Musiic show 'How do you solve a problem like Maria' was obviously a big enough hit over here for them to do another similar show.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/07 at 1:29 am

It's on T.V in the U.K too but for the West End production. The Sound of Musiic show 'How do you solve a problem like Maria' was obviously a big enough hit over here for them to do another similar show.
Stand by for I believe one of the terrestial channels will be broadcasting in a similar vein for a new Joseph in Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Written By: shirleyrocks on 01/03/07 at 2:42 pm

Say it ain't so, Joe!
::)

Well it is so! :) Just days away.  Bringing in the Grease soundtrack at work tomorrow, hahaa.  Seriously.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/03/07 at 10:59 pm

Hmm...I wonder...has Broadway gotten that desperate that they have to stoop to sifting through thousands of wannabe starlets in search of their new leads? Wow. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/04/07 at 12:40 pm

Stand by for I believe one of the terrestial channels will be broadcasting in a similar vein for a new Joseph in Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Joseph and the Hi-Def Flat Screen Dreamcoat

Written By: shirleyrocks on 01/04/07 at 2:50 pm

Hmm...I wonder...has Broadway gotten that desperate that they have to stoop to sifting through thousands of wannabe starlets in search of their new leads? Wow. ::)

Nah, I think it's just a good opportunity for anyone who, for whatever reaosn, wasn't able to try out.  Now they'll be given an opportunity.  It's a pretty neat idea. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/04/07 at 8:15 pm

Nah, I think it's just a good opportunity for anyone who, for whatever reaosn, wasn't able to try out.  Now they'll be given an opportunity.  It's a pretty neat idea. :)

I guess I have just been too overloaded with reality shows to really care this time...I dunno? ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/07 at 10:45 pm

One day.... Grease 2, on Broadway!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/07 at 2:01 am

Sshh!! Don't mention that?

Written By: shirleyrocks on 01/05/07 at 1:13 pm

I guess I have just been too overloaded with reality shows to really care this time...I dunno? ???

Yeah, it can definitely get overwhelming.  Just have to learn how to tune out the really bad ones. Ha.  Easier said than done when they're all over the place. 

I just got this link sent : http://www.groupster.blogspot.com/  ;)

I'm a fan of talent competitions, especially if they involve any talent which I do not possess. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 7:26 pm

Yeah, it can definitely get overwhelming.  Just have to learn how to tune out the really bad ones. Ha.  Easier said than done when they're all over the place. 

I just got this link sent : http://www.groupster.blogspot.com/   ;)

I'm a fan of talent competitions, especially if they involve any talent which I do not possess. 

Ya, I like those kinds of shows too. I was all about American Idol (for awhile)...however, I think it has "jumped the shark" or so to speak! ;D

Written By: spaceace on 01/05/07 at 8:13 pm

Call me an "old stick in the mud" but I believe in not changing a good thing when you have it.  Enough said.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/07 at 10:40 pm

Call me an "old stick in the mud" but I believe in not changing a good thing when you have it.  Enough said.

Eh, O.K. to change it when it wasn't so hot in the first place.

Written By: shirleyrocks on 01/08/07 at 1:03 pm

And if it ain't broke dont' fix it.  I believe that one too.  But sometimes you just wanna watch something silly, hehe.

Written By: KKay on 01/08/07 at 1:04 pm

oh my god...it's gotta be terrible!

Written By: spaceace on 01/08/07 at 1:05 pm

Eh, O.K. to change it when it wasn't so hot in the first place.

Think "American Idol" Max.  It could get worse than the original. :P

Written By: star500 on 01/08/07 at 7:54 pm

I watched it last night.....I gotta say, its a pretty decent show. Not too bad at all. Very entertaining. I hope they choose good Sandys and Dannys to go to Grease Academy. I gotta wonder though, who is going to be playing the other characters in the play? ???

Actually Jamie, thats a great idea. Call me crazy if you want to, but I am a fan of the movie Grease 2. I like the characters and the story and everything about it. It's a really good movie with a bad reputation. I mean, it may not be as good as Grease but it is still a cool movie in its own right.

But yeah anyways, Grease: Your The One That I Want! was a fun show....hope it lasts more then a few weeks. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...