inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashley Tisdale, no different than Paris, Britney, Lindsay, etc.

Written By: woops on 01/04/07 at 5:16 pm

Here's "He Said, She Said" from her debut album "Headstrong".
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9374/ashlifestorynm6.png
On an interview,  she stated that her music will sound different from other pop singers, but isn't much different. Not to mention she looks much  thinner (she used to have shapely legs)  and wouldn't be suprised if she gets a nose job and deny it in interviews...  ::)

http://download.wbr.com/ashleytisdale/ashleycoversmall.jpg

As for acting, she's talented, though she'll more likely throw it all away like Brittany Murphy

Good thing Scarlett Johannson doesn't work for Disney Channel  8) :-*

About the "Life Story" magazine...  I didn't know and found "profounding" (though it's just another fanzine)...
She's 100 pounds and 5'3, she should gain 15... though I was 5 pounds off from my estimate guesses

Scarlett Johansson is atleast 120, but is a smoker... another turn off

(I bought a few magazines Scarlett appeared on like "Esquire" a few months ago)

"I Don't Care About The Oscar, I Want An Emmy!", a bit realistic for a tv actress

First CD: Britney Spears "Baby One More Time", no comment

She idolizes Jessica Simpson (I wonder she can tell the difference between fish & poultry)

"My parents wanted me to have that normal experience of a regular job"... well disciplined

Doesn't talk much about musical background and the artists she like (ie The Used, Billy Joel)...  

"I can play piano by by ear, which means I can listen to a song and play it on the piano"

That's new, and on a transcript she stated that she doesn't play piano anymore.

Her manager is Bill Perlman, sounds vaguely familiar... (is he related to Lou Perlman who created N' Sync, doesn't say...)

"I'm so happy that I was able to experience normal life besides show business, because it gives you something to draw from"

...fashion (skip), "The Suite Life" (yawn)...

Debut CD... OK,

She mentions Christina Aguilera on the section about her recording an album... Wonder if she's familiar with a certain "Material Girl", if not... sad (If thinks she's a media joke, that's fine with me)

She does have control, but only wrote a few songs (Only time will tell if they're good, more likely one or two on the album)...

Best if she keeps her day job though since she makes Regina Spektor sound like Annie Lennox

...few short pages on "High School Musical" cast...(in this mag)

Subject: Re: Ashley Tisdale, no different than Paris, Britney, Lindsay, etc.

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/07 at 5:26 pm

Ashley Tisdale, no different than Britney

I didn't know Tisdale had a C-section scar and flashed it for the cameras? ;D

You never know about Tisdale.  She could be one of these many young stars who will become the BIG stars of tomorrow.  She needs to break out of the Disney mold and do good dramatic roles in feature length Motion Pictures (that actually make it to Theatres)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/07 at 10:42 pm

It could be worse....  ::)

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:10 am

Call me stupid if you will....

But who the heck is Ashley Tisdale?

I see your posts all around about her and I haven't a clue who she is or what she supposedly has done to be SO famous. And if she is famous... how come I haven't heard of her?

I would say I am an ignorant mom, but my 14 year old son doesn't even know who she is.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 12:12 am

I see your posts all around about her and I haven't a clue who she is or what she supposedly has done to be SO famous. And if she is famous... how come I haven't heard of her?

I would say I am an ignorant mom, but my 14 year old son doesn't even know who she is.....

she's a Disney channel actress....hasn't done anything but Disney stuff, I don't think. ::)

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:14 am

she's a Disney channel actress....hasn't done anything but Disney stuff, I don't think. ::)

Ah... so not really famous :-X

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 12:15 am

exactly! ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 01/05/07 at 12:16 am

She's famous enough for Dancing With the "Stars" or Skating with "Celebrities".  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/07 at 12:16 am

5 years from now, she'll be on "The Surreal Life" with that little Pepsi girl,  ;D

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:17 am

She's famous enough for Dancing With the "Stars" or Skating with "Celebrities".  ;D

Oh, so instead of being a has been, she is a 'nobody'! Got it! TY!

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/07 at 11:20 am

Oh, so instead of being a has been, she is a 'nobody'! Got it! TY!

It depends on who you ask...My daughter who is 6 knows who she is.  She's in the movie High School Musical, which happens to be very popular with the younger girls. 

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 11:28 am

It depends on who you ask...My daughter who is 6 knows who she is.  She's in the movie High School Musical, which happens to be very popular with the younger girls. 

I know they make a big deal about High School Musical, I just had no idea who this girl was. :D
So I guess she is a young'un too right?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/07 at 11:32 am

I know they make a big deal about High School Musical, I just had no idea who this girl was. :D
So I guess she is a young'un too right?

You bet they do, my daughter and her friends will all sit in my basement and sing along with the movie. 
She's older than I thought, I checked her profile on IMDB and she was born in '85.  I assumed she was about 16.

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:00 pm

You bet they do, my daughter and her friends will all sit in my basement and sing along with the movie. 
She's older than I thought, I checked her profile on IMDB and she was born in '85.  I assumed she was about 16.

You're kidding me!! This girl is almost 22??!!! Definitely doesn't look it that's for sure!

Well, now because her name finally peeked my interest, I think I am going to have to go out and rent or buy High School Musical.
I guess I just couldn't understand why there was such a male interest in her if she was as young as I thought, but now that has changed.
Has she done anything other than Disney Channel? (I know I could look it up myself, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy this conversation with you Carol!) ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 12:10 pm

You're kidding me!! This girl is almost 22??!!! Definitely doesn't look it that's for sure!

Well, now because her name finally peeked my interest, I think I am going to have to go out and rent or buy High School Musical.
I guess I just couldn't understand why there was such a male interest in her if she was as young as I thought, but now that has changed.
Has she done anything other than Disney Channel? (I know I could look it up myself, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy this conversation with you Carol!) ;)

here ya go Tam...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864308/

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/07 at 12:12 pm

RENT IT, don't buy it.  LOL!!

She has had roles on a lot of programs but I only know her from HS Musical and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.  

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:19 pm

RENT IT, don't buy it.  LOL!!

She has had roles on a lot of programs but I only know her from HS Musical and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.  

I will be sure to rent it then! ;)

I think I have seen The Suite Life... aren't those boys the ones from Full House?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 12:23 pm

I will be sure to rent it then! ;)

I think I have seen The Suite Life... aren't those boys the ones from Full House?

no, those are the ones that played that cute little boy in Adam Sandler's movie, "Big Daddy".

Written By: Tam on 01/05/07 at 12:26 pm

no, those are the ones that played that cute little boy in Adam Sandler's movie, "Big Daddy".

For real??!! Omg! Who knew?
What happened to their cute little accents?

Now wait, I just confused myself! ;D

Which ones? Zack & Cody are from Big Daddy or the twins from Full House are??!! ;D :-[

Written By: KKay on 01/05/07 at 12:51 pm

now, you see, i never ever hear of her nor see her except for a few fans on this site. then yesterday i saw her on the cover of a magazine and that nose...those crooked eyes...she is the same. not especially good looking. i hope her singing is the reason people know her.

what do you all think? is she worth it?

Written By: woops on 01/05/07 at 2:40 pm

She's signed to Warner Bros. records.

She actually has good comedic timing and facial expressions that could top current sitcom actresses in their 30s.

Though the Children of the Corn twins are annoying  ::) :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/07 at 6:24 pm

now, you see, i never ever hear of her nor see her except for a few fans on this site. then yesterday i saw her on the cover of a magazine and that nose...those crooked eyes...she is the same. not especially good looking. i hope her singing is the reason people know her.

what do you all think? is she worth it?

If I didn't have kids I doubt I'd even know her.

I think she over-acts and as far as her singing, to me it sounds about average nothing really stands out. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 8:00 pm

For real??!! Omg! Who knew?
What happened to their cute little accents?

Now wait, I just confused myself! ;D

Which ones? Zack & Cody are from Big Daddy or the twins from Full House are??!! ;D :-[

Zack & Cody are the twins from Big Daddy :D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/07 at 10:54 pm

I dunno, Tam, I'm clueless about entertainers marked to the under 30 demographic.  This happened while I was still under 30.  I lost track of vast swaths of the pop culture in college.  I never had the inclination to re-familiarize myself.  The names all run together.  If you showed me a line-up of the 20 most popular 20-something celebs, I might be able to identify 3 by sight.  I usually don't realize who these people are until there's a scandal.  Nude papparazzi pics on the internet and whatnot!
:P

Written By: woops on 01/07/07 at 10:17 pm

Ashley Tisdale's debut album cover, which she sorta look like a druggie  :P

http://download.wbr.com/ashleytisdale/ashleycoversmall.jpg

Written By: Tam on 01/07/07 at 10:25 pm

I dunno, Tam, I'm clueless about entertainers marked to the under 30 demographic.  This happened while I was still under 30.  I lost track of vast swaths of the pop culture in college.  I never had the inclination to re-familiarize myself.  The names all run together.  If you showed me a line-up of the 20 most popular 20-something celebs, I might be able to identify 3 by sight.  I usually don't realize who these people are until there's a scandal.  Nude papparazzi pics on the internet and whatnot!
:P

Well, tonight High School Musical was on tv.
It was gawd awful imho!
She can't sing at all imho!
And she definitely isn't all that and a bag of chips! (again, imho)

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 10:27 pm

And she definitely isn't all that and a bag of chips! (again, imho)

She needs to eat a few bag of chips.  She's like a stick she is so thin :o

Written By: woops on 01/07/07 at 10:35 pm

She used to have good legs, though no suprise that she's being sucked into the Hollywood lifestyle

Atleast she's still a good actress and sometimes watch "The Suite Life"...

For those who would bash the show: We all grew up with bad/corny sitcoms in the past like "Full House", "Saved by the Bell", "Facts of Life", "Welcome Back Kotter", "The Brady Bucnh", etc. Which "The Suite Life" is no different...

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 10:39 pm

She used to have good legs, though no suprise that she's being sucked into the Hollywood lifestyle

Atleast she's still a good actress and sometimes watch "The Suite Life"...

For those who would bash the show: We all grew up with bad/corny sitcoms in the past like "Full House", "Saved by the Bell", "Facts of Life", "Welcome Back Kotter", "The Brady Bucnh", etc. Which "The Suite Life" is no different...

"Full House" and "Facts of Life" ran for atleast 8 seasons.  I wonder if "Suite Life" will last that long?  It seems to be quite popular

Written By: woops on 01/07/07 at 10:42 pm

Disney Channel, of the last 5 years,  shows usually last 3 seasons.

Though good since I doubt Ashley Tisdale would still want to play a 17 year old by the time she's pushing 30

Written By: woops on 02/05/07 at 7:02 pm

>bump<

Appears that few still think I'm into her.

I still watch "The Suite Life", but to me she's just another party girl

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/05/07 at 10:01 pm

I had to post here.. I see posts for this girl all the time and I know Im a woman and an old fart at 34, but I have no clue who the hell is even is?  Shes a kid star right? Like on Disny or something?  What is the fascination with her.. Shes a kid right, or is she one of the ones that are like 20 something playing a teen.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 11:21 pm

>bump<

Appears that few still think I'm into her.

I still watch "The Suite Life", but to me she's just another party girl

I've never heard of her in the news regarding constant partying and such.. ???

Check for new replies or respond here...