inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst TV Shows of this decade so far

Written By: Gavino1212 on 01/07/07 at 12:33 pm

Hey all,

Don't know if anyone's started this thread yet, but what do you think the worst tv shows of the decade are?

For me, it's a show called The Help  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/camper.gif  Positively awful, it didn't even last a season.  

Any thoughts? :D

Subject: Re: Worst TV Shows of this decade so far

Written By: woops on 01/07/07 at 3:19 pm

Countless "reality" shows  :P

"Desperate Housewives"
"Lost"
"The OC"
"Scrubs"
"Arrested Development"
"Family Guy"
"Loonatics"
"Lizzie McGuire" (99% of Disney Channel since 2000 to be exact)
"Baby Bob"
"The Soup"/"Best Week Ever"

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 3:44 pm

"Lost"

You gon and dun it now ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/07/07 at 7:01 pm

"Lost"
"Scrubs"
"Arrested Development"
"Family Guy"
O' Rly?  :o

They are some of the best imports we've had this decade. IMO of course.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/07/07 at 7:03 pm

I think the US version of The Office should be on the list. I watched part of the first episode and it was EXACTLY like the first episode of the UK version. Can't people up in Hollywood create original shows anymore?  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 7:32 pm

The dumbest show of the 00s so far is one that I am NOT proud to call Canadian.  It's called "Kenny vs. Spenny" and is a reality like show about two best friends who compete against each other by doing stupid and immature things

http://www.kennyvsspenny.tv/

It has since spawned several international versions such as "Ed vs. Spencer" (UK) and "Elton vs. Simon" (Germany).  The one time Canada creates a trend, and it comes in the form of crappy TV  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/07 at 10:39 pm

I would rather watch The Soup, The Office, and Lost, then the puketacular, Flavor of Love.  ::)

Written By: Zoso on 01/08/07 at 5:31 am

Do shows like "Big Brother" and "Idol" count. Because they definately take the cake. They were good concepts (expecially "Big Brother") in the first series. But when they became worldwide and some countries are now up to the 6th or 7th series of those shows, it becomes ridiculous. I really liked the concept of "Big Brother" when it started, and the first series was great. But after that it was the same old thing and it seemed only very un-entertaining, sex-obsessed, pathetic idiots were accepted on the show. It's only ever good when the contestants are funny, insane, and hate each other. Although even then, the bitching and fighting becomes too much.

And "Idol", don't get me started. I didn't even like the concept of the show when it started. It had been done before, and done to death. Sure, occasionaly, a great talent comes along, but it's not worth all the mediocre and singers and judges heralding and old sack of crap that takes the stage in a hope that they will go on to sell records and make them rich. I much prefer shows like "Rock Star", where the contestants are actually good, and can sing, and play instruments, and write songs, and it's more like a very lengthy auditioned to join a band of great and respected musicians. That's much better than a bunch of teenage girls who imitate Britney, Christina and Beyonce, and teenage boys who imitate Justin and Usher, competing with their very mediocre singing and performing for a crap contract that any intelligent musician would not accept. A contract in which the winner is locked into the Idol franchise and is forced to record crappy covers and badly written pop songs.

Hopefully the upcoming series of "Big Brother" and "Idol" will crash and burn and the series will end forever.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/08/07 at 7:07 am

Lost
Survivor - I much prefer Big Brother
The Batman - another cartoon adaptation of the superhero
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Any Toonami show except the Pokemon series

Written By: nally on 01/11/07 at 7:43 pm

Countless "reality" shows  :P

Me too. Pretty much all of them, so there's no need to name them one by one.

And "CSI" and all its variants would be on my list too...I can't stand programs like that. ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/11/07 at 7:51 pm

How many police or crime shows does one need in a single week? CSI was fun when it first came out, but now, with 2 sequels and various copycats, it seems rather dull.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/12/07 at 8:59 pm

"Lizzie McGuire" (99% of Disney Channel since 2000 to be exact)

You can add anything on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, after 2001 or so, to that list as well.

Really, there are too many bad shows in this decade to list them all.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/12/07 at 10:25 pm

The Bachelor, it's SOOOOOOOO fake.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/07 at 10:25 pm

and so long and so boring.  I usually tape the episodes so I can watch them when I can't sleep ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/07 at 10:58 pm

Agreed.....  ;D

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/13/07 at 1:41 am

Breaking Bonaduce.  I don't know what Danny is on, but he'd better up the dose or cut it, because he's freakin' nuts!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/07 at 9:39 am

He needs help, badly.

Written By: 1993 on 01/13/07 at 11:54 am

That 80's show.

Check for new replies or respond here...