inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trek on!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/11/07 at 8:56 pm

Star Trek XI in 2008

Yay!  Please don't suck!

Subject: Re: Trek on!

Written By: whistledog on 01/11/07 at 8:59 pm

It doesn't say which Star Trek it is based on.  I heard long ago that the next Star Trek movie will focus on the characters from DS9

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/11/07 at 9:03 pm

Current speculation that has been supported by the writer's statements suggest that it is a story about Kirk and Spock when they first graduated from Starfleet Academy.  Details to come, I am sure. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/07 at 2:56 pm

"XI"?  How did they get to eleven?
???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/07 at 3:00 pm

Star Trek: The Moving Piece of Crap

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (excellent)

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock (decent)

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (goofy but enjoyable)

Star Trek V: God Lives On the Edge of the Galaxy (ugh)

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (very good)

Star Trek: Generations (s'alright, they crashed the D )

Star Trek: First Contact (excellent)

Star Trek: Alien Botox (not bad)

Star Trek: Wrath of Khan Lite (not too bad but not enough to save the movie franchise)

Star Trek XI: Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamon  (TBA)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/12/07 at 6:25 pm

Can't wait. 

Actually, I'm waiting for Rocky Balboa to show up in a Star Trek movie, along with Jason from Friday the 13th.  They all seem to have sucessful sequels.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/12/07 at 7:02 pm

"XI"?  How did they get to eleven? ???

Kirk: Well, it's one suckier, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most sequels, you know, will be played out at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your sequelometer. Where can you go from there? Where?

Spock: Unknown, Sir.

Kirk: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Spock: Put it up to eleven.

Kirk: Eleven. Exactly. One suckier.

Spock: Would it not be more logical to just make ten suckier and make ten be the last sequel and make that a little suckier?

Kirk: (pausing) These go to eleven.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/07 at 11:02 pm

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/13/07 at 1:03 am

Star Trek XI: Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamon  (TBA)
Think it'll happen?

Matt Damon as Kirk, that is.

I think that could be really cool. Then again, isn't he about the same age now that Shatner was when the original series came out?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/13/07 at 2:40 pm

Kirk: Well, it's one suckier, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most sequels, you know, will be played out at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your sequelometer. Where can you go from there? Where?

Spock: Unknown, Sir.

Kirk: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Spock: Put it up to eleven.

Kirk: Eleven. Exactly. One suckier.

Spock: Would it not be more logical to just make ten suckier and make ten be the last sequel and make that a little suckier?

Kirk: (pausing) These go to eleven.

Ah...This...is Spinal Trek!

Think it'll happen?

Matt Damon as Kirk, that is.

I think that could be really cool. Then again, isn't he about the same age now that Shatner was when the original series came out?

If he's interested and there's a good script I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be cool, and he is probably a bit younger than Shatner was at the same time...not completely sure though.  After the Bourne movies he probably doesn't have the same potbelly :D

The thing that concerns me is that there's never any guarantee with Star Trek movies that the script isn't going to flat out suck and the only ones who will see it are the ubernerds who will trash it afterwards but see it just to see it, y'know?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/14/07 at 2:57 am

Ah...This...is Spinal Trek!

If he's interested and there's a good script I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be cool, and he is probably a bit younger than Shatner was at the same time...not completely sure though.  After the Bourne movies he probably doesn't have the same potbelly :D

The thing that concerns me is that there's never any guarantee with Star Trek movies that the script isn't going to flat out suck and the only ones who will see it are the ubernerds who will trash it afterwards but see it just to see it, y'know?
I can't help but wonder though, whoever winds up playing Kirk...will they resist the urge to "ham it up" and be overdramatic in the interest of continuity?

Written By: ralfy on 04/20/16 at 10:48 am

"Revisit Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 30 years later with Walter Koenig and Catherine Hicks"

http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-12/revisit-star-trek-iv-voyage-home-30-years-later-walter-koenig-and-catherine-hicks

Written By: ralfy on 07/11/16 at 2:42 am

"How Lucille Ball saved Star Trek"

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/08/lucille-ball-star-trek

Check for new replies or respond here...