inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Recent Recording of 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me?'

Written By: Dreamer on 01/13/07 at 5:01 pm

I heard what sounded like a recent recording of 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me' playing in the store the other day.  It was a male vocalist -- does anyone know who it is?  The sales clerk told me it was satellite radio, but she didn't know what station or anything.  None of the versions on iTunes seem to be the one, although I had trouble hearing a lot of the samples because of rebuffering issues...

PLEASE HELP!
:)

Subject: Re: Recent Recording of 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me?'

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/15/07 at 2:18 am

It could be either Terry Hall and Salad from their 1995 album "The Help Album" or it could be a British group called The Beautiful South from their 2001 album "Solid Bronze". I hope this helps you.

Subject: Re: Recent Recording of 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me?'

Written By: Mushroom on 01/15/07 at 8:54 pm

Mickey Thomas also did a version for the 1989 movie "Dream A Little Dream".  He did it both solo, and as a duet with Mel Torme.

This is actually one of my all-time favorite songs, and I have several different versions of it.  Here is a Wikipedia link about the song, with a list of several different cover versions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_A_Little_Dream_Of_Me

Check for new replies or respond here...