inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Physical Pain...

Written By: Davester on 01/16/07 at 3:13 am

Can you recall the worst physical pain you've suffered..?

The worst physical pain I've suffered in recent memory is when I hurt my lower back at work around a year ago while stooping to pick up a small, relatively light box.  I could not bend, reach, sit down or recover from a sitting or lying position when I managed to do that.  It was absolute hell on earth.  I couldn't sleep and could barely walk...

At the same time I came down with the flu and a bad cough.  So, each time I coughed my muscles would naturally tense-up briefly and as a result I would experience an entire new world of stabbing pain...

This lasted around four days groove ;) on...

Subject: Re: Worst Physical Pain...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/16/07 at 3:21 am

After I broke my left leg in 1999.  I fell off my bike and shattered my leg below the knee cap.  It kinda looked like a zig-zag pattern.  I needed surgery to repair it; I have a plate and 6 screws keeping everything together. 

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/16/07 at 3:40 am

Hmmm the time I nearly died from Meningitis. It felt like a mix of the worst ever migraine in history with an exploding brain tumour thrown in - not to mention the severe fever and chills that accompanied it.

or the time I snapped my ankle in half and forgot to go to a doctor about it for 3 months - I just hobbled along to work each day thinking "surely this will get better soon" !

or when I was on the waiting list to have my gall bladder out - for nearly two years - and kept having choliocystitis attacks. they are similar to appendicitis attacks in pain level and you seriously do think you are going to die during one.

Written By: Cheetara on 01/16/07 at 5:53 am

In early 2006, I had severe muscle spasms.  It felt like a heartattack.  The chest pains were unbearable.  I called 911 and was rushed to the nearest hospital.  It was very scary.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 5:56 am

Can you recall the worst physical pain you've suffered..?

The worst physical pain I've suffered in recent memory is when I hurt my lower back at work around a year ago while stooping to pick up a small, relatively light box.  I could not bend, reach, sit down or recover from a sitting or lying position when I managed to do that.  It was absolute hell on earth.  I couldn't sleep and could barely walk...

At the same time I came down with the flu and a bad cough.  So, each time I coughed my muscles would naturally tense-up briefly and as a result I would experience an entire new world of stabbing pain...

This lasted around four days groove ;) on...
Like you it is severe lower back pain, but due to my circumstances the pain is continuous for me. I do exercise to ease the pain, but degeneration of age is now taken over.

Written By: karen on 01/16/07 at 6:25 am

Giving birth

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 6:27 am

Giving birth
The pain I will never know, but it has been painful to my wallet.

Written By: Jessica on 01/16/07 at 8:14 am

Giving birth

Ditto. And the icing on the cake is that I had sciatica in my last trimester. My lower back and hip hurt like crazy for about a year after. :P

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/16/07 at 9:32 am

when i had a kidney stone.  felt like i had to crap out a dump truck... so sorry for that comparison but it's true.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/16/07 at 9:45 am

Giving birth

I'd have to go with that too.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/16/07 at 9:50 am

yeah, me too

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 9:50 am

Giving birth

I will ask my mum!

Written By: karen on 01/16/07 at 9:51 am

yeah, me too

I've heard that kidney stones come pretty close

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/16/07 at 10:12 am

When I was a kid, back in 1993, we went to a family reunion(which was painful enough,lol). While we were there, me, my brother, and a couple of other kids were playing tag, and I just happened to be it.

While they were trying to catch me, I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going, and I ran into a rusty barbed-wire fence. I got cut all over my stomach and face, and apparently I just missed on getting cut in the eye by about a centimeter or two. It took along time for the pain to really go away, even though after a day or so it wasn't quite so severe. Over time the scars healed mostly, but the scar right below my right eye is still there today, almost 14 years later.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/07 at 10:18 am

I had an ingrown toenail removed. They stuck a needle in my toe. But that wasn't the worse of it. When the anesthesia started wearing off, I kept getting shooting pains in my toe. I was supposed to get the other one done, too but I remember that pain and decided not to have it done.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 01/16/07 at 10:38 am

I guess when I damaged my back at work, it hurt to sit, stand and lay down I didn't know what to do with myself because there was no relief.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 10:59 am

I guess when I damaged my back at work, it hurt to sit, stand and lay down I didn't know what to do with myself because there was no relief.
Spoken like a true sufferer.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/16/07 at 11:31 am

Giving birth

I've heard that kidney stones come pretty close
A neighbor of mine has a kidney disorder and passes stones almost continuously....she said the smaller ones aren't too bad, but some of the larger ones were worse than childbirth, and she had all 3 of her kids naturally with no pain medication :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 11:32 am

Definitely when I had kidney stones (which happen twice within a 3 year period). They say that the pain of kidney stones, is right up there with child birth)....it was SO extremely painful...they had me on several pain killers..and it STILL hurt. I hope I never have to go through with that again.

Written By: spaceace on 01/16/07 at 12:05 pm

The gallbladder thing was horrible, rank up there with appendicitis.  WORST pain, right before my spinal fusion. :P

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/16/07 at 1:51 pm

Definitely when I had kidney stones (which happen twice within a 3 year period). They say that the pain of kidney stones, is right up there with child birth)....it was SO extremely painful...they had me on several pain killers..and it STILL hurt. I hope I never have to go through with that again.

i almost passed out when i had mine. i was hyperventilating from the pain and also from being scared, not knowing what was wrong with me.  i'll tell ya what, though.  when they gave me that pain medicine through the IV and I felt it running through my blood, spreading out all over my body...it was the most calming feeling in the world.  being relieved of pain that severe made me feel more peaceful than i have ever felt in my entire life.  i slept the rest of the day LOL

Written By: Paul on 01/16/07 at 2:46 pm

Toothache...

...who would have thought a little thing like that would give you so much gyp?

(Shudders at the memory...)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/16/07 at 2:50 pm

Recovering from two C-Sections... :P

Written By: Paul on 01/16/07 at 2:51 pm

Recovering from two C-Sections... :P

(faints...)

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/07 at 2:52 pm

Toothache...

...who would have thought a little thing like that would give you so much gyp?

(Shudders at the memory...)

I hear ya about toothaches

The pain is just so horrible, you almost have to scream

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/16/07 at 2:54 pm

'

no

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/16/07 at 2:57 pm

(faints...)

Thankfully, they weren't done at the same time!  :o ;)

Written By: Henk on 01/16/07 at 3:11 pm

Toothache is one thing, root canal... don't remind me. The pain was so intense I wished I would faint - but of course that didn't happen.

'

no

What do you mean, "no"? Pain is a subjective feeling.

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/07 at 3:44 pm

Toothache is one thing, root canal... don't remind me. The pain was so intense I wished I would faint - but of course that didn't happen.

I've had Root Canal before.  They use novocaine, but that stuff isn't always fool proof.  When they hit the nerve, I screamed like a little girl :o

Written By: Henk on 01/16/07 at 3:49 pm

I've had Root Canal before.  They use novocaine, but that stuff isn't always fool proof.  When they hit the nerve, I screamed like a little girl :o

I've had root canal twice. Both times I had my molars extracted. Yeah, I'm a wuss! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/07 at 4:12 pm

I've had root canal twice. Both times I had my molars extracted. Yeah, I'm a wuss! ;D
Is that beyond the use of Tiger Balm?

Written By: Henk on 01/16/07 at 4:33 pm

Is that beyond the use of Tiger Balm?

Being a wuss is beyond the use of Tiger Balm - definetely! ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/16/07 at 4:37 pm

Getting my foot ran over by car.

Written By: Paul on 01/16/07 at 4:44 pm

I remember halfway through my extraction, the dentist decided to take an X-ray!

Thing was, to get to the X-ray room meant going back through the waiting area...

...with several crowbars, wrenches and other various instruments of torture hanging out of my mouth!

I could see those in the waiting area out of the corner of my eye going visibly white!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 6:43 pm

i almost passed out when i had mine. i was hyperventilating from the pain and also from being scared, not knowing what was wrong with me.  i'll tell ya what, though.  when they gave me that pain medicine through the IV and I felt it running through my blood, spreading out all over my body...it was the most calming feeling in the world.  being relieved of pain that severe made me feel more peaceful than i have ever felt in my entire life.  i slept the rest of the day LOL

I can totally relate! I felt the same way when I had mine...I couldn't wait until they gave me LOTS of drugs!!! :D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/07 at 6:45 pm

The ultimate worst pain I ever faced was getting smashed in the head by a chunk of ice that slipped off the side of a shopping mall.  The pain from the blow + the sight of blood on my hands after grasping my head.  I had no idea if I was going to live or die that day.  It still scares me  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 6:48 pm

The ultimate worst pain I ever faced was getting smashed in the head by a chunk of ice that slipped off the side of a shopping mall.  The pain from the blow + the sight of blood on my hands after grasping my head.  I had no idea if I was going to live or die that day.  It still scares me  :\'(

oh wow! That's horrible!! It probably came out of nowhere too, huh?

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/07 at 6:55 pm

oh wow! That's horrible!! It probably came out of nowhere too, huh?

It did.  At first, I thought someone threw something at me, but there was no one within close enough range of me.  The strange part is that the security and maintenance people of the mall said they never found any ice on the ground.

I was in such shock that day, that I couldn't even speak.  No one would help me, so I headed straight into the mall to look for some type of authority figure.  Seemed like that day no one really cared whether I lived or died .. the peopel just looked at me like I was some kind of freak or something  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/07 at 6:57 pm

Having to sit through hours of watching Barney the dinosaur videos.  :o :o :o  The horror! The horror!!

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 7:00 pm

It did.  At first, I thought someone threw something at me, but there was no one within close enough range of me.  The strange part is that the security and maintenance people of the mall said they never found any ice on the ground.

I was in such shock that day, that I couldn't even speak.  No one would help me, so I headed straight into the mall to look for some type of authority figure.  Seemed like that day no one really cared whether I lived or died .. the peopel just looked at me like I was some kind of freak or something  :\'(

that's horrible that nobody was concerned...you could have lost your eyesight, or died.  Did you ever call anyone of the "higher-ups" regarding this incident?

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/07 at 7:06 pm

that's horrible that nobody was concerned...you could have lost your eyesight, or died.  Did you ever call anyone of the "higher-ups" regarding this incident?

I did think about suing the mall, but the legal costs would have been too much, plus, the mall was in the process of being sold for demolition, so new box stores could be built, so I wouldn't have had time.  They eventually settled for $99 dollars, which wasn't even half of the wages I lost having missed work that evening

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/16/07 at 8:06 pm

I also had my wisdom teeth removed once too.

It was definetly not fun.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/07 at 9:42 pm

Getting my foot ran over by car.

That was you?  Sorry about that, man.  There was a lot of glare, musta been in my blindspot!

Scoliosis when I was 14.  Those lumbar discs grinding together!  The pain was so excruciating it knocked the wind out of me at times.  When you've got that chronic low back pain gnawing away at you all the time you're afraid to move.  I'd get into position where the pain only felt like the devil was cracking my spine with an icepick rather than a jackhammer, then I'd have to get up to go take a leak or something and it was as though every nerve became a scorpion stinger!

You know, some pain meds would have helped, but I didn't know to ask.  My mom didn't inquire about it, and the docs never offered.  I don't think they'd neglect that today in an acute case.

This went on for a few months, then I got braced at a sports medicine clinic in Boston.  I can't say the back brace was fun, but the stabilization immediately improved the pain.  I think the bracing gave a lifelong benefit for my posture.

I was never a hale character.  Had all kinds of problems when I was kid.  The scoliosis was definitely the worst.  Living hell, and that's no cliche!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/flame2.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 10:16 pm

I did think about suing the mall, but the legal costs would have been too much, plus, the mall was in the process of being sold for demolition, so new box stores could be built, so I wouldn't have had time.  They eventually settled for $99 dollars, which wasn't even half of the wages I lost having missed work that evening

wow, they got off easy! ::)

Written By: Davester on 01/17/07 at 2:28 am

I also had my wisdom teeth removed once too.

It was definetly not fun.

The removal of my widom teeth, best I can remember, was a walk in the park.  I was warned toot keep the holes cleaned out after eating or risk painful "dry socket".  I guess that's some sort of infection...

Did the dentist give you one of those plastic syringes to spray out the holes with water after eating..?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/07 at 2:52 am

Definitely a lower back injury, I was out on disability for 3 months getting therapy for the pulled muscle. I couldn't do any of the normal daily routine things we take for granted, like putting on and taking off clothes, the simple act of going to the restroom, and even the act of wiping one's own bum can't be done without a great degree of pain during the initial trauma. I've reinjured it at least 3-4 times in the last 15 years. The pain is excruciating and the worst part is trying to get into a comfortable position to sleep in. It's impossible. Back pain is pretty much 24/7 non stop constant pain. In my case it was caused by the tearing of just a couple of fine threads of muscle tissue. I'm good now, can workout, play softball do just about anything i want, but I know that a reinjury can occur at almost any unexpected time. I hope it never happens again. I need to get my ass in better shape STAT

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/17/07 at 7:03 am

Definitely a lower back injury, I was out on disability for 3 months getting therapy for the pulled muscle. I couldn't do any of the normal daily routine things we take for granted, like putting on and taking off clothes, the simple act of going to the restroom, and even the act of wiping one's own bum can't be done without a great degree of pain during the initial trauma. I've reinjured it at least 3-4 times in the last 15 years. The pain is excruciating and the worst part is trying to get into a comfortable position to sleep in. It's impossible. Back pain is pretty much 24/7 non stop constant pain. In my case it was caused by the tearing of just a couple of fine threads of muscle tissue. I'm good now, can workout, play softball do just about anything i want, but I know that a reinjury can occur at almost any unexpected time. I hope it never happens again. I need to get my ass in better shape STAT
That's the thing that sucks about back pain....you can be in the best shape of your life and STILL manage to hurt it.  I know some people who had never had back pain who would make comments about professional athletes being "out for back strain".  Karma came around to bite them in the arse when THEY injured their back and I got to say "See, it SUX!"  Needless to say, that was the end of their smartassed comments about back pain ;D

Written By: whitewolf on 01/17/07 at 7:21 am

the  worst pain for me is the major heartburn I get from acid reflux thing I have..  (yeah  worse than childbirth)  I always took my meds only when I needed them, I figured that when my tummy wasn't acting up, that I could skip em...WRONG  right before christmas I has chest pain so severe I thought I was having a heart attack..Turns out that I may not have been feeling like my stomach was acting up, but it was to the point that my esophigus (sp?) is burnt from all the acids . I can't get any relief..
I compare the pain to having to do dishes is very hot water with a burn on your hand. That how my chest feels like.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/17/07 at 8:18 am

the  worst pain for me is the major heartburn I get from acid reflux thing I have..  (yeah  worse than childbirth)  I always took my meds only when I needed them, I figured that when my tummy wasn't acting up, that I could skip em...WRONG  right before christmas I has chest pain so severe I thought I was having a heart attack..Turns out that I may not have been feeling like my stomach was acting up, but it was to the point that my esophigus (sp?) is burnt from all the acids . I can't get any relief..
I compare the pain to having to do dishes is very hot water with a burn on your hand. That how my chest feels like.
ewwww....I also get acid reflux, but it's not nearly as bad as yours sounds :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/07 at 9:51 am

I hate it when it's like battery acid working its way up your esophagus.  It's like you'd give anything to make it go away!

Acid reflux disease can be a dangerous condition.  In rare cases people have to get all their teeth extracted because corrosive digestive acids rotted them away.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/07 at 3:10 pm

The removal of my widom teeth, best I can remember, was a walk in the park.  I was warned toot keep the holes cleaned out after eating or risk painful "dry socket".  I guess that's some sort of infection...

Did the dentist give you one of those plastic syringes to spray out the holes with water after eating..?

I DID get "dry socket" when I had my wisdom teeth out. Yeah, it was painful (but they gave me great drugs.  ;) ;D ;D ) They packed it with a string of guaze that was coated with something that tasted AWFUL. Everything tasted like that s**t. When the taste was finally going away, they repacked it so I had that AWFUL taste again-but no pain.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/07 at 4:50 pm

You wanna talk about some pain...

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/84/84ewillie.phtml

...Boy, I hate when that happens!
;D

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/17/07 at 11:44 pm

I've got constant back pain now, but the most painful experience was in 1977 when the front wheel of my bike came off when I was riding it, and momentum made me squash my nads against the crossbar. Man, I still wince today when I think about it. That even beat the day I stepped on the hornet's nest, and that was very painful in itself.

Written By: Uncanny on 01/18/07 at 12:59 am

I love this subject.

I think the worst physical pain is being impaled by a metal rod.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/07 at 1:19 am

That's the thing that sucks about back pain....you can be in the best shape of your life and STILL manage to hurt it.  I know some people who had never had back pain who would make comments about professional athletes being "out for back strain".  Karma came around to bite them in the arse when THEY injured their back and I got to say "See, it SUX!"  Needless to say, that was the end of their smartassed comments about back pain ;D
and once you've injured your back, it can happen again so easily. Just twisting while holding anything heavy, or getting up awkardly & you can feel those muscle fibers strain :o  All the therapy physical sessions I had always focused on strengthening the abs.  Back pain sucks bigtime

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/07 at 3:25 am

and once you've injured your back, it can happen again so easily. Just twisting while holding anything heavy, or getting up awkardly & you can feel those muscle fibers strain :o  All the therapy physical sessions I had always focused on strengthening the abs.  Back pain sucks bigtime
I have my back in even by tying up my shoe laces.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/07 at 4:59 am

I love this subject.

I think the worst physical pain is being impaled by a metal rod.
That might hurt.  :-X

Written By: Davester on 01/18/07 at 6:16 am

Doesn't take much at all to throw your back out, not as much as one would think.  I'm a believer, now.  Granted, I don't have chronic back trouble.  As a matter of fact I was a cherry until the event I described above.  Back pain IS NO JOKE....

One wrong turn, twist or bend.  Just bending down to pick up a pencil or reaching for the beer on the coffee table is all it takes...

You say, "I want to turn this way and grab that...".  Back says, "I beg to differ.  I don't want to turn that way.  See ya..."

Written By: whitewolf on 01/18/07 at 8:07 am

ewwww....I also get acid reflux, but it's not nearly as bad as yours sounds :-\\

It wasnt' really bad at first, it just started being really bad in November. Now I really have to watch what I eat. I usually only eat 1 meal a day, but since an empty stomache makes the acid build up, I now have to eat about 4 or 5 very small meals a day. I have to see a sergeon to see how bad the damage is and get it healed. Hopefully it will be soon.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/18/07 at 8:50 am

Same here.  I have a twisted/tilted pelvis due to multiple childbirths (and years of propping kids on my right hip) and have to go through PT from time to time to put it back where it belongs because it stretches the sciatic nerve and tendons that connect the hip bones.  The first time I had a problem, I could hardly move, couldn't sit on a chair without pain, and couldn't sleep and painkillers didn't help.

I have to add another "pain" to the list....migraines.  I get them so often that I have learned to function with one, but every once in a while, I get one that knocks me on my behind where all I can do is lay in bed with no lights, earplugs to block the sound, a bucket next to me, and an icebag on my head until the drugs kick in.

Written By: Gidgxx on 01/18/07 at 2:53 pm

The worst pain I have ever experienced was a gall bladder attack. Its when you get gall stones stuck and they cause pressure in you gall bladder. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy its the worst pain you wouldn't want. I'm glad I don't have a gall bladder more.. so no gall bladder pain anymore.

Written By: Uncanny on 01/18/07 at 3:01 pm

Finger slammed in a door  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 3:02 pm

Finger slammed in a door  :P

Did that happen to you or are you just throwing stuff out there? 

Written By: Uncanny on 01/18/07 at 3:50 pm

Did that happen to you or are you just throwing stuff out there? 

It's happened to me several times.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/07 at 2:09 am

The worst pains I've experienced were from bad burns. When I was 14, I had 2nd degree burns over most of my face, chest, and right hand due to my own stupidity in thinking that making homemade fireworks was a good idea. For the rest of the summer, even after I healed, whenever I sweat or was in the sun, I would get blisters on my forehead.

The other time that was arguable a magnitude of order worse was a few years later from a horrible sunburn. I am red-headed and fair skinned, and spending 10 hours with no sunscreen on North Carolina waters in the summer sun resulted in my back blistering. It felt like I was being stabbed by an icepick every two seconds for two days. Adding insult to injury, the bottle of cream I got had a very small opening in the tip, and since I was desperate for relief I squeezed it as hard as I could, which resulted in the bottle exploding and sending its contents directly into my eye.

Burns are worse than backpain (to which I am no stranger) and even withdraw from some rather nasty medications.

Honorable mention goes to stepping on a ground nest of Japanese hornets when I was 9. Those bee stings will make one go hoarse from screaming in pain.

YOW! You're making me squirm here!  Burn pain is one of the worst pains in the world, even just superficial burns can be excruciating.  I'll bet you never diddled around with gun powder again
I was such a pyromaniac, I'm lucky I don't look like Jim Carrey's Fireman character!  I never got seriously burned myself, but I did set the backyard on fire when I was 12.  I managed to smother the flames just before they hit the pine windbreaker, which was all dried out in late August.  Near catastrophe averted!

I've got constant back pain now, but the most painful experience was in 1977 when the front wheel of my bike came off when I was riding it, and momentum made me squash my nads against the crossbar. Man, I still wince today when I think about it. That even beat the day I stepped on the hornet's nest, and that was very painful in itself.

Same thing happened to me when I was about 10.  I got going way too fast for my own good, and when I lost control a hit that cross bar with  enough force to shoot a man to the moon!  I was doubled up in agony for about 20 minutes....and I had this terrible thought, "I wrecked 'em before I even got to put 'em to use!"
:o

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/19/07 at 10:27 am

I once had my toenail ripped off by a heavy metal door, actually not totally ripped off but it was kinda standing straight up.  I had to go to the emergency room to have it removed. That hurt like a b!tch!! 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/19/07 at 1:31 pm

OKay, in recent memory -

February 2006- I had a really bad 3 day flu, 102 fever that never let up. I couldn't really eat anything without wanting to throw up or have it come out the other end. I still can't believe I went to school and work on the 4th day, feeling almost fully recovered of nothing but bedrest over the weekend.

June 2001 - My brother and I went to an A's game, thinking we'd be fine sitting out in some nice Oakland weather that's generally mild all year through. But, no, that day decided to hold a record breaking temperature in Oakland and my brother and I were totally caught off guard. We were roasting in the heat without hats to protect our scalp or ears. We were wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts. After the game, we had to hop on BART and then get in my brother's unconditioned 1978 Ford Truck and get home. We were in such intense pain by the time we got home, that our bodies were in shock. I learned I had boils on my ears, my shoulders and my legs. Looking back now, I can say we had 2nd degree burns on us. OKay, but this wasn't the end of it. About one week later, I woke up and threw up! I then felt very dizzy and had to go to the doctor. It turned out I had a middle ear infection. It was a nasty experience. I had so much fluid in my ear. I think it actually damaged my hearing, as I just haven't been able to hear the same since then.

1989 - I was skating at the roller rink and a fellow roller skater was doing the camel manoeuvre (where you stretch your leg out and twirl around). For some reason, I wasn't paying attention and I ran right into her and her roller skate landed right into my jaw at full speed.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/19/07 at 1:35 pm

I once had my toenail ripped off by a heavy metal door, actually not totally ripped off but it was kinda standing straight up.  I had to go to the emergency room to have it removed. That hurt like a b!tch!! 

Oh my god, just reading that gives me chills! I woulda screamed like a 2 year if I saw that!

Written By: zcrito on 01/20/07 at 2:53 pm

OKay, in recent memory -

February 2006- I had a really bad 3 day flu, 102 fever that never let up...

I had that same flu twice last year and both were a month apart. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one (  ;) ). And what a strange flu it was. I've had the flu before and it only lasted a day but that one was a guaranteed 72+ hours. After 24 hours of it I was sick of being sick.

Check for new replies or respond here...