inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: UnNews: Oscars snub Snakes on a Plane

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/25/07 at 5:29 pm

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/UnNews:Snakes_on_a_Plane_receives_no_Oscar_consideration

25 January 2007

HOLLYWOOD, California -- The Samuel L. Jackson movie and meme, Snakes on a Plane, was nowhere in sight Tuesday when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced their 2007 Oscar nominees. They didn't even get a nod for the movie's theme song, "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" by Cobra Starship. Fans of the movie are now in an uproar over the snub. Says Joseph Schmo of Norman, Oklahoma, "What's the deal here? Snakes on a Plane is obviously the greatest movie of all time, and yet nobody recognizes it as such. They think it's just a fad, but we will show them a thing or two."

Click on the link to read the whole story. Of course it's fake news, but if you're interested on a humorous take on the recent Oscar nominations, here you go. And check out that picture of "Samuel L. Jackson."  ::) ;D WARNING: the full article does include Samuel L. Jackson's now-famous profanity, just so you know.

Subject: Re: UnNews: Oscars snub Snakes on a Plane

Written By: Jessica on 01/25/07 at 6:09 pm

That is a big disappointment for me. It was one of the better films out last year.

And yes, I'm serious when I say that! ;D

Original script, snakes in a confined place murdering people, and Samuel L. Jackson as the bad ass superhero. Hell yeah!

Written By: Mushroom on 01/25/07 at 9:57 pm

I did not see the movie, and have no intention of ever seeing it.

It is however a classic "Cult Movie".  Revised at least 4 times, rejected over 30 times, by every large and small studio in Hollywood.  It was really only after the casting of Sam Jackson that the movie ever went anywhere.  It may be a good movie, but it is probably not "Oscar Calibur".  Unless they make a category for "Cult Film Of The Year".

Then some of my past "Favorite Films" can finally get the attention they deserve.  Like "Elephant Parts", "Timerider", "Heavy Metal", and "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".  I still scratch my head and wonder why none of them ever won the Oscar.  ::)

Written By: Jessica on 01/25/07 at 9:59 pm

It is however a classic "Cult Movie".  Revised at least 4 times, rejected over 30 times, by every large and small studio in Hollywood.  It was really only after the casting of Sam Jackson that the movie ever went anywhere.  It may be a good movie, but it is probably not "Oscar Calibur".  Unless they make a category for "Cult Film Of The Year".

It should receive an Oscar just because it's original and not a sh*tty remake of an older movie.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/25/07 at 10:04 pm

Original script, snakes in a confined place murdering people, and Samuel L. Jackson as the bad ass superhero. Hell yeah!

Revised script, snakes in a confined place murdering people, and Samuel L. Jackson saying a couple of naughty words for an "R" rating!  f*bleep*k yeah!

I attended a midnight showing on opening night.  SoaP was the most mu*blip*kin' fun I've had in a muth*blorp*in' theater since the last time I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/25/07 at 11:05 pm

I agree Snakes On The Plane is a really cool film!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/07 at 11:34 pm

Then some of my past "Favorite Films" can finally get the attention they deserve.  Like "Elephant Parts", "Timerider", "Heavy Metal", and "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".  I still scratch my head and wonder why none of them ever won the Oscar.   ::)

Buckaroo Bonazi, Doctor Detroit, I remember 'em all!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/26/07 at 9:46 pm

Buckaroo Bonazi is one of my favorite films!

Check for new replies or respond here...