inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harry Potter Book 7

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/01/07 at 12:52 pm

Just heard on the news that the last/final (?) book in the series will be released 7-21-07....."Harry Potter and the Deadly Gallows".....who's excited?

Subject: Re: Harry Potter Book 7

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/07 at 12:52 pm

Just heard on the news that the last/final (?) book in the series will be released 7-21-07....."Harry Potter and the Deadly Gallows".....who's excited?

I am!  I just re-read 5 and 6!  :D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/01/07 at 12:53 pm

I am!  I just re-read 5 and 6!  :D
I'm going to have to wait until summer to do that because I've got plenty of other reading to do for school (20+ novels :o)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/07 at 1:43 pm

I'm going to have to wait until summer to do that because I've got plenty of other reading to do for school (20+ novels :o)

Good Lord.  By summer you might have sworn off reading alltogether!  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/01/07 at 1:52 pm

Good Lord.  By summer you might have sworn off reading alltogether!  ;D
Well, most of them are pretty cool and the rest are "classics" (i.e. Jane Eyre, Emma, Wuthering Heights, etc.) so it's all good 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/07 at 8:33 pm

I am excited.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/01/07 at 9:53 pm

Is this supposed to be the one where somebody dies?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/07 at 10:00 pm

Is this supposed to be the one where somebody dies?

There's supposed to be tons of killings, blood and guts everywhere.  It takes place in Iraq.

bah-da-boom...

No really, the author indicated a couple major characters wouldn't make it.  Harry's up in the air (probably does make it), I'm sure Voldemort is going to be taken care of once and for all.

Written By: Tia on 02/01/07 at 10:01 pm

somebody actually told me who dies, i forget how they found out. i didn't care and then forgot.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/01/07 at 10:03 pm

I figure that I'd have to read six books to get caught up with the seventh and I really don't have the time between school, family, and goofing off :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/07 at 11:56 pm

I figure that I'd have to read six books to get caught up with the seventh and I really don't have the time between school, family, and goofing off :D

This is why I don't go to school and haven't had babies.  I'm waiting until I finish book 7. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/07 at 10:58 am

I am! I am!

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 02/02/07 at 11:01 am

I don't know, I never really wanted to read these. It's sort of like with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I couldn't get into them. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/02/07 at 11:01 am

I don't know, I never really wanted to read these. It's sort of like with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I couldn't get into them. :-\\

same here.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 11:22 am

Lord of the Rings was a one-and-done deal for me.  Like, I could tell you what the plot was and that the movies were awesome, but not purchase-worthy for me...I'm like the anti-nerd.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 11:59 am

That's because Lord of the Rings is BORING. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 11:59 am

Heathen.

It's not boring, it's just a "you only need it once" experience :D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/02/07 at 3:06 pm

Sorry guys, I misheard, it's "DeaTHly Gallows"....

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/07 at 4:11 pm

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/FOSTERS01/102020241

Harry won't die in the final book.

off course the guy admits his last prediction of who dies was wildly off the mark.

Written By: Zoso on 02/03/07 at 12:23 am

Sorry guys, I misheard, it's "DeaTHly Gallows"....

Actually, it's "Deathly Hallows".

Written By: Gis on 02/03/07 at 1:41 am

Not boring, just hard going.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/07 at 2:47 am

Not boring, just hard going.
Exactly the same reason for me!

Written By: EthanM on 02/04/07 at 1:05 pm

You should probably hope that Super Arwen doesn't find this thread

I've read LOTR at least  a couple of times, but the first time was over 12 years ago. I think I read the last harry potter book in one afternoon, so I should probably do some re-reading because quick reads lead to forgotten plot elements.

Written By: kairi747 on 02/16/07 at 1:04 am

This is why I don't go to school and haven't had babies.  I'm waiting until I finish book 7. 

excellent idea!

Written By: karen on 02/16/07 at 3:57 am

On the other hand it would be something to read during your maternity leave?  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/07 at 8:34 am

I like The Lord of The Rings film, and got to admit you need alot of patience, to watch these films.

Written By: kerisgirl on 02/25/07 at 1:15 am

i cannot wait. im so so so so so excited. ive read each book 1-6 at least 5 times apeice. in my opinion the 3rd and 5th ones were the absoulute best. i really liked them. annnnnnd the movie for the order of the pheonix comes to theaters in my hometown in july. i also cannot wait for that

Written By: saver on 02/26/07 at 2:57 pm

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/FOSTERS01/102020241

Harry won't die in the final book.

off course the guy admits his last prediction of who dies was wildly off the mark.

I think I heard Harry gets a little crazy and shaves his head in protest of....wait that wasn't Harry that was someone else in REAL LIFE I think.....hmmm where did I hear something like that???? ??? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/26/07 at 3:04 pm

I think I heard Harry gets a little crazy and shaves his head in protest of....wait that wasn't Harry that was someone else in REAL LIFE I think.....hmmm where did I hear something like that???? ??? ???

In book 7, it is revealed that Harry is the father of Anna Nicole's baby.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/26/07 at 11:43 pm

In book 7, it is revealed that Harry is the father of Anna Nicole's baby.

Cat

;D

;D

i cannot wait. im so so so so so excited. ive read each book 1-6 at least 5 times apeice. in my opinion the 3rd and 5th ones were the absoulute best. i really liked them. annnnnnd the movie for the order of the pheonix comes to theaters in my hometown in july. i also cannot wait for that

Those are my favorites too! 

You should probably hope that Super Arwen doesn't find this thread

Hee!  She already knows how I feel.  It's a bit of a problem in our relationship, but we're working through it...

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/27/07 at 7:46 am

I had the strangest dream last night  :blink: :

I dreamt Harry Potter had entered the Leaky Cauldron to meet with all of his friends. He tells the waitress to bring an order of chips with malt vinegar and a pitcher of butterbeer. Harry looks at the jukebox sitting at his table...he views a number of popular wizard tunes by artists such as Celestina Burwick and The Wierd Sisters, along with Muggle-hits such as "Witchcraft" by Frank Sinatra and "I Put A Spell On You" by Screaming Jay Hawkins.

Ginny Weasley enters the Leaky Cauldron, comes to Harry and gives him a very nice snog. Harry smiles and says, "I ordered chips and butterbeer, the greatest stuff of all the wizarding world." She laughs, and sits at the table, and proceeds to eat. Harry finally selects a tune from the jukebox, "Magic Man" by Heart, depositing 1 Galleon in the slot, and proceeds to join Ginny in the feast.

Ron Weasley then enters. He is slightly disgruntled viewing Ginny and Harry together at the table, knowing full well that at this point shagging in addition to snogging is what the two of them are probably doing. But Ron inwardly knows that he has little to complain about. In the battle that destroyed the Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort once and for all, his assistance to Harry and the D.A. got him an exemption from his poor grades at Hogwarts. He will now become an Auror, just like Harry. He sits down and eats the chips and pours himself a healthy mug of butterbeer.

Meanwhile, Hermione Granger is having a tough time getting inside the bar. She was placed in charge of Buckbeak, the beautiful but stubborn winged horse. She was having a rough time parking him in the spaces reserved for Centaurs, which he all but disdained. She ended up roping him near the broom lot. Finally, though, she enters the Leaky Cauldron, gives a smile to everyone, and gives Ron the biggest and nastiest French kiss ever.

Everyone is happily munching on chips doused with the malt vinegar. Suddenly, we see a tall, hooded figure in a black shroud pass by the booth where Harry and company are seated; he quietly enters the bathroom.

"Magic Man" continues to play. Harry turns around, looks at the wall, then turns to face Ginny and says...

Then I turn the page over, and the facing page is blank.

Then I wake up.

Check for new replies or respond here...