inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Love Story--Remake??

Written By: star500 on 02/03/07 at 10:07 pm

I don't remember where I read this but I read in a magazine maybe 4 or 5 years ago that Hollywood was thinking of remaking Love Story--and that's not bad but get this ok--they wanted to use Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake as the two main characters. This is when they were still dating. I was laughing so hard I almost pissed my pants! Neither of those two can act! I was shocked too though that they would even think of using those two.

But they ever were to remake that movie...who do you think they should use to play the two main characters? I don't personally want it to be remade, as it is my favorite movie, but if they did...oh well. Hollywood can't seem to make anything original anymore anyways so it wouldn't be surprised if they did remake it.

Subject: Re: Love Story--Remake??

Written By: tim on 07/18/13 at 11:57 pm

the original movie is timeless!  My hat is off to Eric Seagal!  Ryan O'neal and Ali MacGraw are superb in their quest of "love conquers all except death" tale.  I, however, would like to see this timeless tale redone in a modern pose.  The drama could be stepped up and the themes of "classism" could be exemplified in a modern tale.  There are so many avenues to perch a remake, I only hope that if it is ever conceived that a talented and insightful director oversee this project!

Check for new replies or respond here...