inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BSB New Album Is Done!!!!

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 1:30 pm

http://www.str8up.co.uk/reading/images/photos/news_Brian_littrel.jpg

Brian Littrell is a member of the hugely successful boy band "Backstreet Boys." Littrell confirmed that the new "Backstreet Boys" album is done and should be out this year. 

Source:

http://cbs13.com/entertainment/entertainme..._038123841.html

Subject: Re: BSB New Album Is Done!!!!

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 1:31 pm

first single is along the lines of the "guitar-driven eurodance" feel. It's part 'rock', part synth :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/07 at 1:45 pm

I am actually glad they are still around.  I was never a big fan, but I'm glad to see music around that's not (c)rap or hip-slop

Written By: Brian06 on 02/15/07 at 1:46 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing this as well. Contrary to what some say, they're not that bad. "Incomplete" was a good song.

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 1:56 pm

i hope its more pop/r&b since the pop/rock sound didnt really work for them

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 1:58 pm

My fav song they did was "The Call"
I am looking forward to hearing this album, although don't tell my husband cause he thinks they are all ghey! ;D

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 2:18 pm

I hope the boys can achive better succes with this album than the lastalbum "Nevr Gone" whichit went platinum in the usa
and sold 3 million worldwide but still was considered a failure to some and amoderate succes to to others.

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/07 at 2:36 pm

I think they need to change their name. Backstreet Men, maybe. They're definitely not boys anymore...or at least Nick isn't.

(Image courtesy of Perez Hilton, obviously)

Written By: Zoso on 02/15/07 at 11:11 pm

I'd like to see more harmonies on this album. They are supposed to be a vocal group, but they don't do great vocal arrangements, or beautiful harmonies like other vocal groups through-out history (The Platters, The Temptations, The Sumpremes, The Jacksons, The Bee Gees). I hope they are finally out of their boy band stage, and into their vocal group stage.

Written By: tv on 02/24/07 at 4:05 pm

Gosh I;m surprised they still have supporters on this thread. New Kids on the Block would have never gotten this support back in 1997. Carson Daly was making a joke on his show he was like "Did you hear the Backsteeet boys are putting out a new album?" Than Carson was something like yeah so we can remember how much they sucked.

Written By: Dino on 02/25/07 at 1:47 pm

Gosh I;m surprised they still have supporters on this thread. New Kids on the Block would have never gotten this support back in 1997. Carson Daly was making a joke on his show he was like "Did you hear the Backsteeet boys are putting out a new album?" Than Carson was something like yeah so we can remember how much they sucked.

erhm nktob didnt exist in 1997 anymore they disbanded in 1994 but i get what you're saying anyway
nktob were way more cheesier than bsb & nsync ever was.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/25/07 at 11:58 pm

I dunno, I guess their cheesy stuff released in '97-'00 is enough to make me not want to hear his album. But it seems they have grown up since then, maybe learned some instruments, dropped the cheesy dancing & whiny voices... who knows?

Check for new replies or respond here...