inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Kids On The Block Reunion!!!

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 1:53 pm

WAHLBERG SETS TIME LIMIT ON NEW KIDS REUNION

http://www2.expecto-patronum.net/gelb/bbnewkids.jpg
http://mclub.te.net.ua/images/art/artist_2894.jpg

Singer-turned-actor DONNIE WAHLBERG is urging his former NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK bandmates to hurry if they plan to reunite for a tour - because he's given himself a four-year time limit.

The former heart-throbs released their last album more than a decade ago, and while many of their fans have been calling for the stars to get together again, Wahlberg is refusing to dance around onstage once he passes the age of 40.

He says, "I'm 38 now. I really don't imagine myself dancing around and singing onstage after the age of 40, so if (a reunion) was gonna happen it would have to happen soon.

"If we can get R KELLY to write us something like (TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET), I'd do it."

Wahlberg, JONATHAN KNIGHT, JORDAN KNIGHT, JOEY McINTYRE and DANNY WOOD split in 1994 after the release of their fifth studio album FACE THE MUSIC.

Subject: Re: New Kids On The Block Reunion!!!

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 1:55 pm

so whats your guys opinion is it a good thing or a big embarassment for an aging boy band form the 80's??
oh by the way take that had a succesfull comeback and their  in their late 30;s just like nktob
so can nktob have the same succes comeback as take that or are they over??

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/07 at 1:57 pm

This actually wouldn't be so bad.  I still really like their song "Tonight", which infact I like so much, it might just be in my Top 20 greatest songs of the 90s 8)

Written By: Tam on 02/15/07 at 1:57 pm

I don't know that I would want to see this.
Although I liked some of their songs when I was younger - I cant imagine watching these guys at their current age dance around like teens!
I dont think it would be a successful comeback - and how are they goign to get Jonathon Knight to agree? He said NO WAY when they did the tv special on him. Wouldn't even be interviewed!
Just MHO.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/15/07 at 2:01 pm

This will be interesting to hear.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/15/07 at 2:12 pm

I honestly don't think this will ever happen.  I would love to see it happen (maybe not see them dancing around on the stage as if they were still very young...but maybe a nice mature set of songs).  I remember watching this show on VH1 (I think), a few years ago..they attempted to try to reunite old band members so that they could have a jam session...and it just didn't work for NKOTB. They've all moved on to other things....it seems like this is something that they all recognize as what essentially made them famous...however, it was apart of their pasts.

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 2:14 pm

I honestly don't think this will ever happen.  I would love to see it happen (maybe not see them dancing around on the stage as if they were still very young...but maybe a nice mature set of songs).  I remember watching this show on VH1 (I think), a few years ago..they attempted to try to reunite old band members so that they could have a jam session...and it just didn't work for NKOTB. They've all moved on to other things....it seems like this is something that they all recognize as what essentially made them famous...however, it was apart of their pasts.

yeah you probably right donnie wont succeed reunitng all of the member and in fact
danny is in a boyband called "Upper Street" now so he;ll probably say no.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/15/07 at 2:17 pm

yeah you probably right donnie wont succeed reunitng all of the member and in fact
danny is in a boyband called "Upper Street" now so he;ll probably say no.

I would really love for it to happen though. It seems like since they were together as NKOTB, certain members seem to be a bit more aloof now.  My favorite has always been Joe McIntyre...but the impression that I have gotten from him lately (regarding his NKOTB days)...is that he has moved onto "bigger" and "better" things. What is he forgetting is that he got his start as a performer by being in this band.  And....I know that Jonathan Knight has nothing to even do with the entertainment world now....they have all just grown into their own aspects of life.

Written By: Dino on 02/15/07 at 2:20 pm

yeah its quite sad how forgotten they are today they never get played on the radio or anything
and they paved the way fro boybands that came out after them especially "Take That" whic was formed to
be the british version of nktob.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/15/07 at 2:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

They must be stopped.

And I've got to stop them.

http://www.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/doci/day/day1923-1146676810_i_6721.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/07 at 2:41 pm

I still listen to their songs, but I'm not sure a reunion would be a good thing.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/15/07 at 7:15 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Boy bands are over.

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/08 at 9:39 am

I was looking ahead on my DVR and see that New Kids are performing on The View (ABC Daytime) on 9/2.

Just FYI for those who might be interested.

:)

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 8:25 pm

I have a problem with bands that were popular for a while break up and then decide to tour. Just something that rubs me the wrong way about it.
And as far as New kids on the Block 8-P My daughter was into them when she was a kid.

Although Marky Mark is a whole different thing. Those Calvin Klein ads GRRRRRRRRR.... very tasty although a bit young for me.
Hey I may be older but can still lust after fine young male flesh. I guess that makes me sexist.......Oh well. :D ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/08 at 12:42 am

I have a problem with bands that were popular for a while break up and then decide to tour. Just something that rubs me the wrong way about it.
And as far as New kids on the Block 8-P My daughter was into them when she was a kid.

Although Marky Mark is a whole different thing. Those Calvin Klein ads GRRRRRRRRR.... very tasty although a bit young for me.
Hey I may be older but can still lust after fine young male flesh. I guess that makes me sexist.......Oh well. :D ;)

yeah but marky mark was never a new kid.  substandard rapper? yes!  ;D  I am so glad he turned to acting!

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/08 at 8:52 am

yeah but marky mark was never a new kid.  substandard rapper? yes!  ;D  I am so glad he turned to acting!

Actually he was, but he bowed out of the group before they released their debut

Written By: Bobby on 08/25/08 at 10:09 am

I like the songs Step By Step, Tonight and Cover girl (despite the creaky vocals).

Why Donnie feels he needs to dance around on stage at all is unneccessary, lol. I believe that a comeback would actually make them the group more credible if they changed to a more mature approach (like Take That). However, I don't think a comeback is going to happen.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/08 at 10:12 am

They already have tons of concerts scheduled and all of the girls who were their fans back in the day....are still hardcore fans..but now, not only are they fans...their daughters are fans too! :D

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 1:35 pm

Yeah but he is Donnies brother thats what made me think of him.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/08 at 1:36 pm

Actually he was, but he bowed out of the group before they released their debut

okay Jason... you know way too much about NKOTB... I was speaking in terms of after they were famous not the trivial stuff that happened before they "made it"  ;D

Written By: woops on 08/25/08 at 4:28 pm

Not feeling the songs and the song "Single" has too much Ne Yo... maybe because most of the New Kids are married.

Natasha Bedingfield is opening up for them, though she's old enough to been a tween during their popularity.

Check for new replies or respond here...