inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ghost Rider 2007

Written By: loki 13 on 02/19/07 at 8:17 pm

If you're looking for an Oscar winning performance, a gut retching romance or an all around feel good movie----
stay away from this one. If you're looking for a hokey, computer geneterated action film, this is the one for you.
It's a comic book movie, one of the better ones I've seen. With the exception of a slow start this was an excellent
movie. I loved the hokey computerized Rider and I wasn't disappointed by Nicholas Cage's performance as Johnny
Blaze, Sam Elliott as the Caretaker, and Peter Fonda as Mephisto, who added an extra flair.

I have been a fan of Ghost Rider since his first appearance in Marvel Spotlight #5 so my opinion may be biased, but
I liked the way the movie tied all the Ghost Riders together, The 70's Ghost Rider with the 90's Spirit Of Vengeance,
and a strange little twist that only a true Ghost Rider fan may pick up on, or just an old fan. Anwyway an excellent
movie.

Subject: Re: Ghost Rider 2007

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/07 at 7:12 pm

It was actually not bad.

Written By: Arwen on 02/21/07 at 12:36 pm

I'm actually excited to see it...I don't know anything about the Comic Book, but I totally dig Nicholas Cage, and just think it looks good.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/21/07 at 12:45 pm

My husband liked it, and he'd never read any of the comic books before seeing it.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/21/07 at 8:43 pm

I'm just glad I didn't pay for it...I woulda been mad if I forked over $11.00 for that crap.

by the way New York City Theaters, should  be ashamed...the ticket prices are sick!!

Written By: Arwen on 02/26/07 at 11:12 am

I saw it this weekend and I loved it.

Check for new replies or respond here...