inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Neglect, abuse, or love?

Written By: Jessica on 02/28/07 at 10:00 am

I ran across this video and story on CNN yesterday. I don't have a link to the video though, just to the story.

The video was about an 8 year old from England that weighs over 200 pounds. For breakfast he eats a bowl of chocolate cereal and toast. For lunch, hamburger and fries with a sausage or two or a whole pizza. For dinner, fast food. During the day, he also snacks on about four bags of chips and a ton of cookies. Social services (or the equivalent of CPS in Britain) wants to charge the family with neglect. Now while he was being filmed, he was eating a chickent drumstick and a pork chop, covered in what looked like gravy. It was a snack, from what I understand.

The story can be found here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/27/obese.child.ap/index.html

What are the thoughts on this?

Subject: Re: Neglect, abuse, or love?

Written By: La Roche on 02/28/07 at 10:24 am

I think this is more a case of discipline than anything.

You can't stop a kid eating what they want. In a couple years, if Jason wants a cookie, he'll get one wether you let him or not.
However... the fact that the mother said "He'll get on at us if he dosen't get what he wants." .. well, smack the big bastard upside the head and lock him in his room.

The mother quite clearly isn't capable of looking after him. He's 8.. thus he has no income.. and yet all these foods are readily available to him. Well DUH! Don't buy them.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/28/07 at 12:07 pm

Maybe this kid should be sent to fat camp, because it's going to take a lot more than Mummy taking away his food...

Written By: Jessica on 02/28/07 at 12:14 pm

You can't stop a kid eating what they want. In a couple years, if Jason wants a cookie, he'll get one wether you let him or not.

But see, Jason doesn't know junk food exists right now. I know I can't control his eating habits later in life, but for now, he rarely gets candy (the only thing he likes is Gummi Savers), and we're so poor that junk food/fast food isn't an option most of the time....unless I make cookies, and those are lowfat.

However... the fact that the mother said "He'll get on at us if he dosen't get what he wants." .. well, smack the big bastard upside the head and lock him in his room.

The mother quite clearly isn't capable of looking after him. He's 8.. thus he has no income.. and yet all these foods are readily available to him. Well DUH! Don't buy them.

That's what I didn't get either. Why let an 8 year old manipulate you into doing something that is so obviously unhealthy for them? And it's also potentially deadly. I also had the same idea of smacking the crap out of him. ;D

I also agree with you about buying the junk food and stuff. NO ONE needs to eat take out food every night. That's just disturbing.

Written By: Gis on 02/28/07 at 12:38 pm

It's a kind of abuse. I watched a T.V show about this where they also had a 53 stone (14 pounds to a stone I can't do the maths!)man in hospital dying of obescity and his wife brought him McDonalds to eat in hospital HELLO???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/28/07 at 12:42 pm

53 x 14 = 742 pounds.

Written By: Marian on 02/28/07 at 3:08 pm

I agree.She should tell him not to eat all that.he also needs to talk to a doctor about the risks to his health;if he's that fat,he's not too young to hear the truth.

Written By: Jessica on 02/28/07 at 3:12 pm

I agree.She should tell him not to eat all that.he also needs to talk to a doctor about the risks to his health;if he's that fat,he's not too young to hear the truth.

It doesn't help that EVERY appointment with doctors, nurses, dieticians, etc. was skipped by them. :P

Written By: Marian on 02/28/07 at 3:15 pm

It doesn't help that EVERY appointment with doctors, nurses, dieticians, etc. was skipped by them. :P
Well,I think they feel obligated now that they've been in the news.They need to help hin lose weight so he can have a chance to just be a kid.

Written By: Jessica on 02/28/07 at 3:48 pm

Well,I think they feel obligated now that they've been in the news.They need to help hin lose weight so he can have a chance to just be a kid.

I hope so. It's a horrible thing to be the "fat kid". And he's just asking for a stroke or a heart attack. :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/07 at 3:54 pm

It's abuse.  How can anyone let their child get that heavy?  If you're an adult and you want to eat yourself into an early grave, fine.  Do what you want, no one can stop you except yourself.  However an 8 year old child?!  The mother should be able to see that her child is not healthy and should be taking steps to improve the kid's health.  The mother saying that he'll get mad at her if she doesn't let him eat the junk food....please.  You smack the kid, you say 'Absolutely bloody not' and you send the kid to his room.  If you have to start locking up the junk food behind lock and key so that he doesn't find a way to eat it after you've told him no.....do what you must.  This is his health, and it should come first.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/28/07 at 4:25 pm

I ran across this video and story on CNN yesterday. I don't have a link to the video though, just to the story.

The video was about an 8 year old from England that weighs over 200 pounds. For breakfast he eats a bowl of chocolate cereal and toast. For lunch, hamburger and fries with a sausage or two or a whole pizza. For dinner, fast food. During the day, he also snacks on about four bags of chips and a ton of cookies. Social services (or the equivalent of CPS in Britain) wants to charge the family with neglect. Now while he was being filmed, he was eating a chickent drumstick and a pork chop, covered in what looked like gravy. It was a snack, from what I understand.

The story can be found here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/27/obese.child.ap/index.html

What are the thoughts on this?

I think that it is disturbing. . .and possibly neglect. . .I think to truely love that child the parents need to step in and start being parents, show a more responsible example and properly feed the child nutrious food. . .

Written By: Jessica on 02/28/07 at 4:28 pm

I think that it is disturbing. . .and possibly neglect. . .I think to truely love that child the parents need to step in and start being parents, show a more responsible example and properly feed the child nutrious food. . .

See, I don't get why that's a problem with them. From what I recall, they eat takeout food every night. How hard is it to cook a proper and healthy meal? Or worst case scenario, get something takeout that is semi-healthy? :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/07 at 4:37 pm

See, I don't get why that's a problem with them. From what I recall, they eat takeout food every night. How hard is it to cook a proper and healthy meal? Or worst case scenario, get something takeout that is semi-healthy? :P

Salads are your friends. 

/as I eat Chick-Fil-A

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/07 at 5:18 pm

Childhood obesity is a major problem, but if the kid's eight and weighs over 200 lbs., junkfood diet is not the only etiology.  There's obviously some freaky hormonal misfirings at play! You find dimensional extremes everywhere in the world.  What's the average height of a Chinese male?  How tall is that basketball player, Yauo (or whatever his name is)?  I'm just saying the super-fat Brit kid is probably not indicative of cultural dysfunctions at large.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/07 at 7:18 pm

It's both neglect, in that he is not get the food, he should be eatting, and abuse, for allowing him to become unhealthy.

Fattening food should be eaten, in moderation, he is a heart attack, ulcer, and triple heart bypass, patient, just waiting to happen.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/28/07 at 7:35 pm

I think it's ignorance, apathy and laziness. This kid's parents either don't Know or don't care about all the
problems and disease caused by obesity. It seems that rather than deal with with the child's problems they
appease him with food. Instead of being a parent, they chose to be a fast food outlet. This child's bad
eating habits started at a young age. Every child desires candy, ice cream and other types of junk food, it
seems the parents of this child gave into his desires to either keep him quiet or occupied.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/28/07 at 8:59 pm

Childhood obesity is a major problem, but if the kid's eight and weighs over 200 lbs., junkfood diet is not the only etiology.  There's obviously some freaky hormonal misfirings at play! You find dimensional extremes everywhere in the world.  What's the average height of a Chinese male?  How tall is that basketball player, Yauo (or whatever his name is)?  I'm just saying the super-fat Brit kid is probably not indicative of cultural dysfunctions at large.

Maybe not, but you can't tell me that diet didn't at the very least indulge in his obesity.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/28/07 at 9:00 pm

I think it's ignorance, apathy and laziness. This kid's parents either don't Know or don't care about all the
problems and disease caused by obesity. It seems that rather than deal with with the child's problems they
appease him with food. Instead of being a parent, they chose to be a fast food outlet. This child's bad
eating habits started at a young age. Every child desires candy, ice cream and other types of junk food, it
seems the parents of this child gave into his desires to either keep him quiet or occupied.

Super Nanny!!!!!!!! Where are you????????

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/07 at 10:56 pm

I think it is disgusting that a parent would let their child get that way.  On a similar note...the TV show, "The Insider" featured a girl, age 5 or so, that weighed over 300 lbs....they showed her stuffing her face, and her mother just letting her do it.  Then, if she couldn't eat more food, she would throw a huge temper tantrum...it was very disturbing and gross to me.  I mean, why can't the mother just say, "NO"...and then let the brat have her temper tantrum....I mean, the kid will eventually get over it...but no, instead, she lets her stuff her face and allow herself to reach over 300 lbs.

I know with Vaughn, we are pretty strict with his food intake.  He eats a good breakfast...he can have a healthy snack in between breakfast and lunch (usually a piece of fruit, a granola bar, cheese/crackers, etc)...then he eats lunch...and then eats dinner later. He sometimes has a bedtime snack, but not usually.  You have to start when the child is young, teaching them how to eat healthy and such....if you start young, they get in the habit of it.  When he starts school, I will pack his lunch, as the school's lunches are repulsive.  I think it is funny though how some school districts are SO into wanting the child's BMI to be recorded (as the one my mom works at)....yet, the food that they serve to the students is pretty much crap. ::)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/28/07 at 11:21 pm

I think it is disgusting that a parent would let their child get that way.  On a similar note...the TV show, "The Insider" featured a girl, age 5 or so, that weighed over 300 lbs....they showed her stuffing her face, and her mother just letting her do it.  Then, if she couldn't eat more food, she would throw a huge temper tantrum...it was very disturbing and gross to me.  I mean, why can't the mother just say, "NO"...and then let the brat have her temper tantrum....I mean, the kid will eventually get over it...but no, instead, she lets her stuff her face and allow herself to reach over 300 lbs.

I know with Vaughn, we are pretty strict with his food intake.  He eats a good breakfast...he can have a healthy snack in between breakfast and lunch (usually a piece of fruit, a granola bar, cheese/crackers, etc)...then he eats lunch...and then eats dinner later. He sometimes has a bedtime snack, but not usually.  You have to start when the child is young, teaching them how to eat healthy and such....if you start young, they get in the habit of it.  When he starts school, I will pack his lunch, as the school's lunches are repulsive.  I think it is funny though how some school districts are SO into wanting the child's BMI to be recorded (as the one my mom works at)....yet, the food that they serve to the students is pretty much crap. ::)

300 Pounds?  A 5 Year Old---that's insane.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/07 at 11:36 pm

It really is. They showed a video of her...she couldn't even walk...she had to literally roll around on the ground. That is just sad, that a parent would let their child get to that state.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/07 at 11:37 pm

It really is. They showed a video of her...she couldn't even walk...she had to literally roll around on the ground. That is just sad, that a parent would let their child get to that state.

If that's not the definition of child abuse, I don't know what is.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/01/07 at 12:09 am

you know suddenly the initial story doesn't seem as bad. . .300lb 5 year old, that needs Super Nanny and Richard Simmons. . .I feel sorry for that child because when she is older, she'll have so many health problems. . .woah. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 03/01/07 at 12:26 am

Story interested me so much, figured I'd post this one. . .I just came across it searching for the story about the 300 pound girl . . .that amazes me that someone could be so. . .neglectful, or so careless. . .

http://www2.jsonline.com/alive/well/jul03/153080.asp

a 417 pound 15 year old, and a 100 pound 2 year old are among the mentioned examples. . .a great read on obesity.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/01/07 at 12:27 am

WTF happened to parents saying no to their kids?  I remember as a kid wanting to eat candy and ice cream.....but my parents said "no".  Are parents that afraid of pissing their kids off, or something?  Let the kid whine and cry because he can't have 9 helpings of Sunday dinner.  You're the parent, ACT LIKE ONE.

Written By: Tam on 03/01/07 at 12:35 am

IMHO it is neglect.
It is also an example of how society has changed.
"Spare the rod, spoil the child" comes to mind. Some, not all, parents feel that 'time outs' are much more effective than whooping their child's behind!
I can't even count how many times my butt got tore up when I was young. I turned out pretty fine..... like my sig line pic says ;)

Although not real, there was an episode on Judging Amy where CPS was called in because the mother of an 8 year old girl already had her on a diet. The girl weighed 48 ponds and all the mother would feed her was salad.
~When I saw that episode I had to find out if anything like that had ever really happened - and of course there are countless reports about it!~

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/01/07 at 12:48 am

My parents thought time-outs were more appropriate than physically disciplining us and we turned out great.  I would never raise a hand to my children, not ever.  I see parents smacking their kids in the mall, the grocery store and it makes my blood boil.  I don't think that's going to make the kid stop shoving junk food down his throat, or keep him for reaching for it at the store.  Parents need to get creative.

Written By: Tam on 03/01/07 at 12:55 am

It's abuse.  How can anyone let their child get that heavy?  If you're an adult and you want to eat yourself into an early grave, fine.  Do what you want, no one can stop you except yourself.  However an 8 year old child?!  The mother should be able to see that her child is not healthy and should be taking steps to improve the kid's health.  The mother saying that he'll get mad at her if she doesn't let him eat the junk food....please.  You smack the kid, you say 'Absolutely bloody not' and you send the kid to his room.  If you have to start locking up the junk food behind lock and key so that he doesn't find a way to eat it after you've told him no.....do what you must.  This is his health, and it should come first.

My parents thought time-outs were more appropriate than physically disciplining us and we turned out great.  I would never raise a hand to my children, not ever.  I see parents smacking their kids in the mall, the grocery store and it makes my blood boil.  I don't think that's going to make the kid stop shoving junk food down his throat, or keep him for reaching for it at the store.  Parents need to get creative.

Just to clarify... which one do you really agree with?
I'm curious because I see a double standard and I have also operated under a double standard.
I dunno - maybe this is another thread topic...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/01/07 at 12:57 am

Just to clarify... which one do you really agree with?
I'm curious because I see a double standard and I have also operated under a double standard.
I dunno - maybe this is another thread topic...

I meant smacking him on the butt, versus all out "whooping" , which I have always taken to mean beating.  Where I come from, if you told your friend you got "whooped" the night before, it meant you got beat.  I apologize if I wasn't clear.

What I have seen in grocery stores and malls that makes me loathe physical discipline isn't a swat on the butt or a smack on the top of the hand....this is open fist smacking in the face, on the back....beatings.

Written By: Tam on 03/01/07 at 1:03 am

I meant more like smacking him on the butt, versus all out "whooping", which I have always taken to mean beating.  I apologize if I wasn't clear.

It's all good. ;)
And don't apologize!

Being creative is definitely needed - but I myself am running out of options!
The son loves video games, music, the computer and reading books.
I take away his games and computer - but I can't take away music and books... EVER
If none of the punishments are effective.... "now what the heck do I do?"

(Mind you, he is almost 15 and about 3 inches shy of a foot taller than me, so my attemot at smacking his behind is pitiful to say the least!) ;D ;D

Written By: Gis on 03/01/07 at 1:20 am

It's all good. ;)
And don't apologize!

I take away his games and computer - but I can't take away music and books... EVER

(Mind you, he is almost 15 and about 3 inches shy of a foot taller than me, so my attemot at smacking his behind is pitiful to say the least!) ;D ;D
My Mum used to drag my brother to the foot of the stairs and climb up two steps and then yell at him when he got too tall!  ;D

Written By: Gis on 03/01/07 at 1:24 am

Unfortunatly this is becoming more and more normal in the U.K. They stopped teaching Home economics or food technology in schools so you have a whole generation of adults who don't have a clue about whats good or bad or how to cook. The rise and rise of the takeaway and convienience food culture is another factor. You have mother's weaning their babies onto solid foods at McDonalds...........

Written By: Jessica on 03/01/07 at 9:22 am

Unfortunatly this is becoming more and more normal in the U.K. They stopped teaching Home economics or food technology in schools so you have a whole generation of adults who don't have a clue about whats good or bad or how to cook. The rise and rise of the takeaway and convienience food culture is another factor. You have mother's weaning their babies onto solid foods at McDonalds...........

Ugh. McDonald's? I don't even think Jason KNOWS what a McDonald's is! When he was weaned on to solid foods, he went on Gerber and home cooked food.

Quirk is right. If you start the kid out early eating healthy, then they'll have a sense of what is good for them and what is not. I tend to make healthy food each night for dinner, due to what I went through when I was younger. He may not eat it all, but Rice and I both insist that he at least tries it. For breakfast, he usually eats cereal and some dried blueberries. For lunch, it varies. It could be grilled cheese (made with lowfat cheese and wheat bread), a good type of healthy soup, or some dino nuggets (four max). He also gets a small serving of fruit snacks (because they come in HUGE packages) and some goldfish crackers or Sun Chips. For dinner, it's usually a lean meat, some vegetables, and a starch. Some snacks he eats through the day could be fresh fruit, or some lowfat animal crackers. He drinks, diluted juice, water, and nonfat milk. Yet on the charts he is still considered mildly overweight (he's two years old, weighs 32 lbs, and is about three feet tall). So I don't know what is up with that.

Anyways, I do try to instill a sense of good food in him because I don't want him to go through the crap that I went through.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/07 at 9:44 am

It's more than insane, it's sad.

Written By: Marian on 03/01/07 at 11:15 am

yes,not letting them have all they want is not good for them.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/01/07 at 11:20 am

Jason's not overweight, he's big boned.  He's also very strong for a kid his size.  I think it's mostly muscle and his little baby potbelly.  If you look at him he looks about normal sized. 

My parents of all people think he's UNDER-weight!  :o

Written By: Marian on 03/01/07 at 11:22 am

You can still be too fat even if you're big-bones.Look at former presidentCclinton.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/01/07 at 1:13 pm

This kid has major problems with his diet.

I saw a news clip of his having lunch, and it was disturbing.  He is 8, and had a plate full of more food then I would eat (and I had half a pizza last night).  And the food?  A big thick slice of ham, and a ton of french fries.  He even took the fries and made a sandwich out of them, with gobs of butter on both pieces of bread.

Hey mom, how about feeding him child sized portions?  And instead of the deep fried potatoes, give him corn, or peas, or even mashed or boiled potatoes?  And knock off with the bread with gobs of butter on them!

And in an interview of the mom, she said he was "always hungry".  Well, he is always hungry because the mom never instilled discipline on him.  As a child, I was very hyperactive.  And as is common, I was always eating.  But I normally ate things like carrot sticks and apples.  And I was constantly burning off as much energy as I took in.  I was almost "Terminally Thin", and when I entered boot camp at 18, I was 5'9" and weighed in at 150 lbs.  And I was eating all the time (tripple Whoppers, candy, cookies, etc).

I think the parent should be given a chance to learn to control her son's diet, and to get him to eat healthy.  But if she can't do that, he should be taken away for his own protection.  Gross Obesity is child neglect, just as starving a child.  His mom needs to learn how to be a mom.  And if she can't, somebody else needs to take over for her.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/07 at 1:26 pm

WTF happened to parents saying no to their kids?  I remember as a kid wanting to eat candy and ice cream.....but my parents said "no".  Are parents that afraid of pissing their kids off, or something?  Let the kid whine and cry because he can't have 9 helpings of Sunday dinner.  You're the parent, ACT LIKE ONE.

I agree but from what I read she is the only parent in the house and after a long day at work it's probably easier for her just to say yes to her kid than have to deal with the kid's tantrum.  Or maybe she thinks she's showing them love by giving them eveything they ask for. 

There have been times when my kids pester me for candy or some kind of snack that I don't want them to have and usually when I say "no" they listen.  But there are times when I'm tired or worn down by them then I'll say o.k. just so they'll leave me alone, it's rare but it does happen. 

Written By: Gis on 03/01/07 at 2:11 pm

I imagine there is the double whammy of eating too much junk food and getting no exercise whatsoever. I'm guessing it's all day every day infront of the T.V or the Playstation.  ::)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/01/07 at 11:34 pm

This is abuse & neglect.  I don't see how a mother can allow her child to get to that size.  The solution is simple:  don't buy crap for him to eat.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/01/07 at 11:37 pm

It's all good. ;)
And don't apologize!

Mine's not bigger than me, but he's close (about 2" shorter and 10#).....I "flick" him with my middle finger on the head or ear or back of the arm.  It hurts just enough to get their attention and only hurts for a few seconds ;)

Written By: karen on 03/02/07 at 10:56 am

I heard that the mother has mental health issues herself - depression and suchlike.  Maybe that's why she struggles with him.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/07 at 10:57 am

I imagine there is the double whammy of eating too much junk food and getting no exercise whatsoever. I'm guessing it's all day every day infront of the T.V or the Playstation.  ::)

Which is where the government actually need to step in. They're so busy telling parents what to do they've forgotten that they're the ones banning kids from getting together in public.

Where I live, there are notices out and laws in place prohibiting children under the age of 16 gathering in groups of more than 4. Anywhere.

They can't play anymore.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/02/07 at 11:40 am

Which is where the government actually need to step in. They're so busy telling parents what to do they've forgotten that they're the ones banning kids from getting together in public.

Where I live, there are notices out and laws in place prohibiting children under the age of 16 gathering in groups of more than 4. Anywhere.

They can't play anymore.

Not to mention--groups of 4 or more allows them to protect each other. . .I know why that law exists (I mean the large number of petty theft 'groups' that go into convienence store and grab what they can etc)  but at the same time, I think it raises a safety issues as well.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/07 at 12:02 pm

Not to mention--groups of 4 or more allows them to protect each other. . .I know why that law exists (I mean the large number of petty theft 'groups' that go into convienence store and grab what they can etc)  but at the same time, I think it raises a safety issues as well.

Mmhmm, you're right there.

It's far too much blanket laws and not enough actually enforcement and liason.

I'll take my dog for a walk at 11-12 at night, we'll often walk through the park and there'll be a group of little bastard shooting up heroin and sniffing glue, yeah, they need to be taken away. I'll go down there at 2 in the afternoon and there'll be a bunch of kids hanging around on the benches (not anything else there) doing nothing wrong, yet both groups are targeted the same.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/02/07 at 12:39 pm

I'll take my dog for a walk at 11-12 at night, we'll often walk through the park and there'll be a group of little bastard shooting up heroin and sniffing glue, yeah, they need to be taken away. I'll go down there at 2 in the afternoon and there'll be a bunch of kids hanging around on the benches (not anything else there) doing nothing wrong, yet both groups are targeted the same.

The problem is that when cops do that, the thugs get together and scream "discrimination".  Then they either have to prohibit everybody from congregating, or just throw out the laws that prohibit congregation.

LA tried to crack down on gang members several years ago, enacting laws that prohibited known gang members from congregating together.  But the gang members started to fight back, throwing lawsuit after lawsuit at the city and county.  A few years ago, the California Supreme Court finally threw all of the laws against congregation out the window.

So once again, gangs can hang out on street corners and in parks, and do whatever they want.  Because without air-tight "probable cause", the police can do nothing about it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/07 at 9:34 pm

Mmhmm, you're right there.

It's far too much blanket laws and not enough actually enforcement and liason.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif
I like the way you phrased that.  Funny vignette!
Do they really "sniff glue" in the park?

If they're doing drugs, then the cops have cause to bust up the party.  If they're just loitering, well that's a tougher question.  The old dudes on the benches feeding the pigeons don't tend to intimidate anybody.  Bands of rowdy youths tend to set a menacing atmosphere that makes other citizens nervous.  What is more important?  Their right to hang out with their skateboards and rough house or my mom's right to take her grandchildren to the park and feel safe? 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: karen on 03/05/07 at 6:07 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif
I like the way you phrased that.  Funny vignette!
Do they really "sniff glue" in the park?

Yes.  Maybe it's just a British thing but for a while glue was the 'drug' of choice for a lot of people.  Technically you have to be over the age of 16 to buy solvent based glues

Check for new replies or respond here...