inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harry Potter actor in Equus

Written By: saver on 02/28/07 at 5:20 pm

This play is about to start but I wasn't sure if there were laws for 'teens' under 17/18 to be nude on stage or publicly performing..unless Europe has different laws..Last I heard, he was 17??

Subject: Re: Harry Potter actor in Equus

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/07 at 7:06 pm

The play has already started and so what? 

Written By: Gis on 03/01/07 at 1:26 am

This play is about to start but I wasn't sure if there were laws for 'teens' under 17/18 to be nude on stage or publicly performing..unless Europe has different laws..Last I heard, he was 17??
Sex is legal at the age of 16 in the U.K so I imagine the fact he is on stage nude at 17 means it's not against the law.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/07 at 1:36 am

I walked past the Gielgud Theatre last Tuesday and there was a constant stream of people going to the Box Office to purchase tickets.

Written By: whistledog on 03/01/07 at 11:26 am

I walked past the Gielgud Theatre last Tuesday and there was a constant stream of people going to the Box Office to purchase tickets.

Gielgud Theatre .. is that named after the late Sir John Gielgud?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/07 at 11:27 am

Yes, indeed

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/07 at 2:57 pm

Too bad I don't live in England.  ;D

Written By: philbo on 03/02/07 at 12:35 pm

I remember Equus as a very disturbing play (ISTR my sister being in it at some point)... strangely enough, I don't remember there being any nudity, though the Torygraph review did have DR bare-chested in the photo.  They were very complimentary about his performance, too, suggesting a depth of talent far greater than displayed in the HP films so far ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/07 at 12:42 pm

I remember Equus as a very disturbing play (ISTR my sister being in it at some point)... strangely enough, I don't remember there being any nudity, though the Torygraph review did have DR bare-chested in the photo.  They were very complimentary about his performance, too, suggesting a depth of talent far greater than displayed in the HP films so far ;)
There was certainly nudity in the play Equus when in opened back in the mid 70s

Written By: Mushroom on 03/02/07 at 1:03 pm

I guess this is better then having him perform in "Steambath" or "Oh! Calcutta!".

Subject: Re: Harry's Potter in Equus

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/07 at 1:07 pm

I guess this is better then having him perform in "Steambath" or "Oh! Calcutta!".
Anyway, it is good to see Daniel Radcliffe going for it on the stage to shake off the HP image.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/07 at 5:33 pm

As Sir John remarked about the set of Caligula, "All that c*ck! I've never seen so much c*ck in my life!"

Most apropos.

Is that Potter or Peter?

You should DEFINITELY check out the 1977 film of Equus with Richard Burton and Peter Firth.  (Not recommended for horses!)
8)

Why don't you send a goon squad from Bob Jones University to arrest D. Radcliffe after the play...bet yet before it!  Stop that un-Christian f-f-f-f-filth before it starts!

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 03/04/07 at 11:13 pm

As Sir John remarked about the set of Caligula, "All that c*ck! I've never seen so much c*ck in my life!"

Most apropos.

Is that Potter or Peter?

You should DEFINITELY check out the 1977 film of Equus with Richard Burton and Peter Firth.  (Not recommended for horses!)
8)

Why don't you send a goon squad from Bob Jones University to arrest D. Radcliffe after the play...bet yet before it!  Stop that un-Christian f-f-f-f-filth before it starts!

:O
You've heard of Bob Jones University?

Check for new replies or respond here...