inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ancient Moon Structure Filmed on the Moon by Neil Armstrong??

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 12:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkGTJEK0Mc

I have always been skeptical regarding this trip to the Moon. There have always been discrepancies, and the astronauts who went there always seem to not want to talk about the subject. Maybe instead of covering up a hoax, they were covering up something that would literally change everything we have ever thought not only about mankind, but the universe itself.

This could be a reason why several months ago, all the high res footage of the moon landings mysteriously "disappeared". They knew crap footage of this was out there somewhere, and needed the perfect film to disappear.

No info on exactly where this footage came from. Its being talked about at some of the conspiracy sites. Strange how it went from the moon landing being a hoax, to footage of alien bases taken. Although over the years there have been several people claim that there are alien bases on the moon. I remember hearing about it on a radio show back in the 90's, but I just figured it was some conspiracy loon. Some people see conspiracies in everything.

This is the first time that anything regarding possible alien bases on the moon has surfaced. Until this point, it was all speculation. Now there is actually something to base that speculation on.

If this is a hoax, its possibly the greatest hoax to date. If one of the conspiracy nuts doesn't send this youtube link to NASA to see if they'll comment, I will. I'm surprised this isn't on the news, hoax or no hoax.

This kind of changes the interpretation of "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind".......

Subject: Re: Ancient Moon Structure Filmed on the Moon by Neil Armstrong??

Written By: Tia on 03/05/07 at 12:04 am

that would kick ass if there were alien bases on the moon. unfortunately, i just don't think the universe is that interesting. :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 12:53 am

Good Lord.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 12:56 am

We didn't go to the moon.  It was faked to channel more money into Vietnam & intimidate the Soviet Union.  It was all filmed on a soundstage and the anomolies in the footage proove it.  We didn't have the technolgoy to get out of orbit 40 years ago without the astronauts getting cooked by solar radiation.
That's why Neil Armstrong cursed and threatened reporters who asked the wrong questions.

I mean, I don't find this compelling, but my friend Dave and many others are convincd the lunar landings were ALL bogus! 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

http://www.moonmovie.com/moonmovie/

However, there are some awfully suspicious things, but what do I know, I'm not a rocket scientist!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 12:57 am

That's some funny isht right there.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 1:46 am

We didn't go to the moon.  It was faked to channel more money into Vietnam & intimidate the Soviet Union.  It was all filmed on a soundstage and the anomolies in the footage proove it.  We didn't have the technolgoy to get out of orbit 40 years ago without the astronauts getting cooked by solar radiation.
That's why Neil Armstrong cursed and threatened reporters who asked the wrong questions.

I mean, I don't find this compelling, but my friend Dave and many others are convincd the lunar landings were ALL bogus! 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

http://www.moonmovie.com/moonmovie/

However, there are some awfully suspicious things, but what do I know, I'm not a rocket scientist!

Max, until this footage surfaced, I completely agreed with what you're saying. At various forums over the years, I have debated the whole moon landing hoax, and yes, there is compelling evidence that man never set foot on the moon. Like you said, we didn't have the technology(we still dont), and the computers used to get them to the moon were less powerful than a modern day calculator. Also, not one single astronaut will swear on a Bible that they walked on the moon(yes, there is footage of people asking them to).

Although this leaked footage throws a whole new twist into the story. Its very intriguing.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/05/07 at 1:54 am

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 1:57 am

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense. Evidence that the Apollo program really happened is compelling: A dozen astronauts (laden with cameras) walked on the Moon between 1969 and 1972. Nine of them are still alive and can testify to their experience. They didn't return from the Moon empty-handed, either. Just as Columbus carried a few hundred natives back to Spain as evidence of his trip to the New World, Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth.

"Moon rocks are absolutely unique," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC). McKay is a member of the group that oversees the Lunar Sample Laboratory Facility at JSC where most of the Moon rocks are stored. "They differ from Earth rocks in many respects," he added.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/TECH/space/02/19/nasa.moon/

NASA adds another line of defense. The program never raised the issue of more than 800 pounds (363 kg) of lunar rocks that astronauts brought back to Earth.

"Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth," the NASA site said

The theorists point to supposed oddities in NASA moon shots to boost their claim. Among the most prominent: The U.S. flag should not be waving. Camera crosshairs should not be behind lunar features in the distance. Stars should be in the background.

Plait and other scientists dismiss such notions. Flags can ripple in a vacuum and the U.S. one is doing so because an astronaut is moving the pole to which it is attached.

Camera crosshairs appear to be behind white objects in some images because the images bled slightly during development, like overexposed film. And why are the stars absent? They are too faint for the camera to pick up, according to Plait.

Until I see 100%, cannot-be-refuted-in-any-possible-way evidence that it was a hoax.......it's like every JFK conspiracy theory.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 2:22 am

This newly leaked footage should be the top story on every news program, and have a panel of scientists discussing it.. Instead, the world has to have Anna Nicole Smith and American Idol shoved down its throat.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 2:33 am

There is proof that man walked on the moon.  They are called moon rocks.  Scientists for the last 30 years have been studying them, and there's no way they could have come from Earth nor could they have been created in a lab.  The only way the scientists could have studied them is if someone went to the moon and brought them back.

So then, how do you propose objects from the moon got into a scientist's lab on earth.....if no one went up there and got them?  Magic?  Whatever the name of that power was Paige had on Charmed where she'd call for an object and it would appear? 

People have debunked these theories that the moon landing being a hoax because for everything you think of that screams "FAKE" there is something that rationally and logically explains it.  You can't fake moon rocks.  They contain substances that do not occur on earth.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/05/07 at 2:39 am

There is proof that man walked on the moon.  They are called moon rocks.  Scientists for the last 30 years have been studying them, and there's no way they could have come from Earth nor could they have been created in a lab.  The only way the scientists could have studied them is if someone went to the moon and brought them back.

Not quite correct: Lunar meteorites are known on Earth, but they are extremely rare finds.

There are about a hundred or so other points (in my previous link) that debunk the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracies.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 2:40 am

Not quite correct: Lunar meteorites are known on Earth, but they are extremely rare finds.

There are about a hundred or so other points (in my previous link) that debunk the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracies.

I read your link and found it very interesting.  However, the amount of moon rocks collected on the various missions and brought back to earth.....I SEVERELY doubt that many were pulled from some quarry somewhere.  I was not aware that lunar meteorites could be found on Earth, but I agree that it would be quite rare to find one, let alone the amount that was sent back to earth.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 2:45 am

So then, how do you propose objects from the moon got into a scientist's lab on earth.....if no one went up there and got them?  Magic?  Whatever the name of that power was Paige had on Charmed where she'd call for an object and it would appear? 

People have debunked these theories that the moon landing was a hoax because for everything you think of that screams "FAKE" there is something that rationally and logically explains it.  You can't fake moon rocks, no matter how much you think everything else was faked. 
Well, as I said earlier, this newly leaked footage(if it can truly be authenticated, which is why it should be getting major news coverage) not only proves without a doubt that man walked on the moon, but also proves that there are other advanced civilizations(if not an alien civilization, then a more advanced civilization thousands of years ago here on earth).

The world will never be the same. I can see why this info has been supressed for decades. Major kudos to the person who leaked this.

Its time for the truth to come out.

This could literally end up being the biggest story in the history of mankind, and it all started by some anonymous guy leaking it on youtube.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 2:47 am

I don't think anyone cares, you can't make people care and there's too much going on in the world and in our own country that we need to worry about.....the concepts of aliens in outer space is not a top priority and if it becomes one....over the war and our sh*tty government, we have our priorities severely out of whack.

Edit: I can't type tonight for some reason.  Argh.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 3:03 am

I don't think anyone cares, you can't make people care and there's too much going on in the world and in our own country that we need to worry about.....the concepts of aliens in outer space is not a top priority and if it becomes one....over the war and our sh*tty government, we have our priorities severely out of whack.

Discovering an ancient base on the moon is out of whack? It isn't any more out of whack than the daily bombardment of anna nichole smith, Britney's latest publicity stunt, American Idol, and who the next guy Paris Hilton is screwing. Those take priority over war, terrorism, politics,etc. in our current society.

Maybe you're right, no one cares. I bet if a Britney Spears sex tape was spotted in the base, people would take notice.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 3:05 am

Discovering an ancient base on the moon is out of whack? It isn't any more out of whack than the daily bombardment of anna nichole smith, Britney's latest publicity stunt, American Idol, and who the next guy Paris Hilton is screwing. Those take priority over war, terrorism, politics,etc. in our current society.

Maybe you're right, no one cares. I bet if a Britney Spears sex tape was spotted in the base, people would take notice.

Just because those things take priority doesn't mean they should.  Sometimes they are a welcome diversion to all the crap that's going on in our lives, but that doesn't mean people should worry about it more than the crap going on in our lives.  Why add something else to that list, when there are other things that are a more pressing concern?

There are enough issues on terra firma that should hold our government's interests as opposed to something going on up in space.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 3:11 am

Just because those things take priority doesn't mean they should.  Why should the government waste money on this?
The government wastes money on everything. It would only take a few thousand dollars to analyze this tape and see if its authentic. Thats how much the miltary spends in about 5 seconds.

Remember that Alien Autopsy hoax back in the 90's? That was an obvious hoax, but the world talked about it for almost a solid year. We now have footage that looks authentic(could be a hoax though obviously), and I think this subject warrants more attention and scrutiny then that autopsy video got.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 3:14 am

The government wastes money on everything. It would only take a few thousand dollars to analyze this tape and see if its authentic. Thats how much the miltary spends in about 5 seconds.

Remember that Alien Autopsy hoax back in the 90's? That was an obvious hoax, but the world talked about it for almost a solid year. We now have footage that looks authentic(could be a hoax though obviously), and I think this subject warrants more attention and scrutiny then that autopsy video got.

You should wait until I'm finished editing......

Like I said, there are more issues on terra firma that NEED to hold our government's interests as opposed to this.  It's bad enough our government is wasting money and man power on this fruitless war in Iraq, but now they should waste more money and more man power on proving if aliens lived on the moon?  Oh come on now.  If Bush did this, he'd be run from the White House by villagers with pitchforks and torches in the middle of the night.  We can't rebuild New Orleans and provide even basic medical care to our citizens, but we need to prove whether or not aliens lived on the moon.  Right.

Written By: La Roche on 03/05/07 at 7:43 am

What are all the bumps and bangs in the background?

Sound like doors closing.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/05/07 at 8:34 am

if we didn't have a crap government, searching for ET life would be a much higher priority.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 10:26 am

Max, until this footage surfaced, I completely agreed with what you're saying. At various forums over the years, I have debated the whole moon landing hoax, and yes, there is compelling evidence that man never set foot on the moon. Like you said, we didn't have the technology(we still dont), and the computers used to get them to the moon were less powerful than a modern day calculator. Also, not one single astronaut will swear on a Bible that they walked on the moon(yes, there is footage of people asking them to).

Although this leaked footage throws a whole new twist into the story. Its very intriguing.

If the lunar landings were a hoax, they are the best kept hoax in modern history.  It's not at all like the JFK assassination, or even 9/11.  The moon missions were not covert operations.  It was all done in public view, and there were how many missions? Five? 
You know what they say, three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.  Imagine all those astronauts keeping the word mum for over 30 years!  It's not just astronauts either.  If we didn't really go to the moon, hundreds of NASA engineers, technicians, administrators, and other personnel would know it.  They've all kept silent too?  Not even one deathbed confession?

The hoax story was born with the first mission in 1969.  The technological feat was so amazing of course thousands of skeptics would doubt it.  Unlike the JFK conspiracy, the lunar landing "hoax" has not been a major topic of controversy in the subsequent decades.  Those who brought it up were taken about as seriously as guys who claimed space aliens built the pyramids! 

And yet...the techonological evidence against the possibility of us making it to the moon four decades ago is overwhelming.  So I just find the whole thing eerily fascinating.  Funny how we never went back.  Of course, it's easy to make the argument that the moon program ended and was not resumed for budgetary reasons or something.  But today they're talking about going back to the moon...in 20 years!  Why should it take us until the 2020s to do something we acheived in the 1960s?  Weird.

I don't have contrary data on hand that "proves" we did go to the moon.  Maybe Mushroom does.
???

Written By: loki 13 on 03/05/07 at 5:03 pm

If the lunar landings were a hoax, they are the best kept hoax in modern history.  It's not at all like the JFK assassination, or even 9/11.  The moon missions were not covert operations.  It was all done in public view, and there were how many missions? Five? 
You know what they say, three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.  Imagine all those astronauts keeping the word mum for over 30 years!  It's not just astronauts either.  If we didn't really go to the moon, hundreds of NASA engineers, technicians, administrators, and other personnel would know it.  They've all kept silent too?  Not even one deathbed confession?

The other personnel you mention would be ordinary, everyday blue collar workers. Carpenters, Electricians and even Security Guards.
all earning a modest living, would they turn down millions of dollars to keep quiet? For what, so NASA can save face? What about the
Russians? They were monitoring the whole landing, don't you think a cold war rival would be the first to cry foul?

To this day, Observatories in the South West send lasers to the moon so they can monitor it's orbit, The moon is drifting away from
the earth at about 1 1/4 inches a year, how do you think the lasers are being sent back? Mirrors were placed on the moon by the
Astronauts, the Observatories invite these conspiracy fruitcakes to see for themselves that the mirrors a working. to this date, not
one fruitcake has taken them up on the offer.

Unlike many members here, I remember watching the moon walk. My Father made sure I didn't miss it because of the implications
it would have on future generations, History in the making. An experience I shall never forget.

As far as the ancient moon structure, where did they acquire the film, The Weekly World News?  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/05/07 at 5:06 pm

well, not that i put any stock in the moon landing thing, but wouldn't most of the technicians and mission control guys be kept in the dark too? it would be a show put on for them as well as the rest of us. not necessarily that many people would need to know.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/07 at 5:07 pm

My grandpap never believed that they landed on the moon...he lived and died believing that it was all a hoax, and there was no convincing him otherwise.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 7:35 pm

My grandpap never believed that they landed on the moon...he lived and died believing that it was all a hoax, and there was no convincing him otherwise.
Yeah, same with my grandpa. He used to say that anyone who would believe man walked on the moon would also believe it was made of cheese. As Max pointed out, there just wasn't the technology back then to get a manned flight there. There still isn't. Lets say some strange event occured on the moon's surface that was a threat to mankind, and we needed to send people there to investigate it ASAP. We couldn't. Only thing we could do is send unmanned probes to take pics. In 2007, we are 10 to 20 years away from having the technology to send a man to the moon.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/05/07 at 7:47 pm

Yeah, same with my grandpa. He used to say that anyone who would believe man walked on the moon would also believe it was made of cheese. As Max pointed out, there just wasn't the technology back then to get a manned flight there. There still isn't. Lets say some strange event occured on the moon's surface that was a threat to mankind, and we needed to send people there to investigate it ASAP. We couldn't. Only thing we could do is send unmanned probes to take pics. In 2007, we are 10 to 20 years away from having the technology to send a man to the moon.

Then you explain how the mirrors got there. It is a known fact they are there....put there by NASA to monitor the
moons orbit. Did they throw them or did the mirrors grow there. Or are you one to ignore all facts and just believe
nonsense spewed by conspiracy theorist?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/07 at 9:02 pm

Then you explain how the mirrors got there. It is a known fact they are there....put there by NASA to monitor the
moons orbit. Did they throw them or did the mirrors grow there. Or are you one to ignore all facts and just believe
nonsense spewed by conspiracy theorist?
Have you ever heard of an unmanned probe? They have been sent to every body in the solar system(Pluto the exception, but one is on its way).

How is stating the fact that we weren't technologically advanced in the 60's believing nonsense? The people who believe we went to the moon do make a good case for all the various discrepancies(except in concern to the Van Allen belts, which were recently discovered to be even more harmful than previously thought. shouldnt they have already known that?), but when it comes to the subject of 1960's technology, thats when their case falls like a house of cards.

When scientists, governement officials,etc. are asked about another manned moon flight, we are told we are decades away from being able to achieve it. In the late 90's, Japan wanted to send men to the moon, but realized it was impossible and temporarily scrapped the project. Now China wants to do it, but is seeing how it just isn't technologically feasible to do it now, but you think we sent men there in the 60's on computer technology that couldn't even run a modern day calculator? Did you know that all the mainframe computers at NASA weren't even as powerful as the computer you use to post in this thread? So according to you, the power of your computer and half the power of a modern day calculator could get man on the moon. Yeah right. If that was the case, every third world country would have sent people there by now, and there would be cities on the moon.

As I stated in my first post in this thread, I have always been a skeptic regarding the moon landing. The facts just dont add up. But this latest footage(if authentic) obviously changes everything, and would make me look at the whole thing in a new light.

When the next anniversary comes for the Apollo moon landing, I think its time for the country to have a serious debate on whether it actually occured or not, and if it did, show a step by step detailed analysis(that is CONCRETE evidence) on how it was achieved using such primitive technology when current technology cant get the job done.. I'm not talking about debates on conspiracy websites, and people who try and debunk those sites. I mean a serious debate on news shows with scientists, astronauts, politicians,etc from all over the world. I would even go as far as having congressional hearings on the subject.

Written By: karen on 03/06/07 at 6:54 am

The other personnel you mention would be ordinary, everyday blue collar workers. Carpenters, Electricians and even Security Guards.
all earning a modest living, would they turn down millions of dollars to keep quiet? For what, so NASA can save face? What about the
Russians? They were monitoring the whole landing, don't you think a cold war rival would be the first to cry foul?

The Russians also went to the moon and took photographs of the debris left behind by the other landings.  Or did they fake that as well  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 7:49 am

The Russians also went to the moon and took photographs of the debris left behind by the other landings.  Or did they fake that as well  ::)

yeah, cus ya know.. they were always trying to make the US look good.  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/06/07 at 6:29 pm

Have you ever heard of an unmanned probe? They have been sent to every body in the solar system(Pluto the exception, but one is on its way).

How is stating the fact that we weren't technologically advanced in the 60's believing nonsense? The people who believe we went to the moon do make a good case for all the various discrepancies(except in concern to the Van Allen belts, which were recently discovered to be even more harmful than previously thought. shouldn't they have already known that?), but when it comes to the subject of 1960's technology, thats when their case falls like a house of cards.

That's it -- I'm convinced -- I am now a nonbeliever. These new revelations have made me open my eyes to a few other things
as well. I now believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone -- The Kennedy Brothers had nothing to do with the death of Marilyn Monroe--
Elvis Presley,Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Bruce Lee all live together on an island -- No planes crashed into the Pentagon or a field in
Pennsylvania, the Twin Towers and 7 World Trade were hit by unmanned planes and brought down by demolition explosives.

I have to ask, did you even read any of the link given by Red Ant? It explains it a hell of a lot better than I could. It just seems
hoax advocates never want to read anything that will refute their beliefs.

Just so you don't have to go find it.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/06/07 at 6:32 pm

Now now Kevin, remember.  We didn't go to the moon.....it was all a collective acid trip people were having.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/06/07 at 6:40 pm

Now now Kevin, remember.  We didn't go to the moon.....it was all a collective acid trip people were having.

;D ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/07/07 at 12:49 am

That's it -- I'm convinced -- I am now a nonbeliever. These new revelations have made me open my eyes to a few other things
as well. I now believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone -- The Kennedy Brothers had nothing to do with the death of Marilyn Monroe--
Elvis Presley,Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Bruce Lee all live together on an island -- No planes crashed into the Pentagon or a field in
Pennsylvania, the Twin Towers and 7 World Trade were hit by unmanned planes and brought down by demolition explosives.

I have to ask, did you even read any of the link given by Red Ant? It explains it a hell of a lot better than I could. It just seems
hoax advocates never want to read anything that will refute their beliefs.

Just so you don't have to go find it.

Wow. You posted a link to a site that spends its time debunking "hoaxes". Congrats. There's probably a hundred other identical sites. Did you read anything I said? Scientists all over the world have admitted that mankind wont have the technology to send a manned flight to the moon for DECADES!! What part of that do you not understand?

I dont know why you are bringing up all that conspiracy crap like 9/11, JFK,etc. I never mentioned it, and have no interest in that propaganda. The Moon landing is an entirely different ballgame than all the examples that you listed.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 2:19 am

What part of that do you not understand?

Classy.  Talking down to people is so much fun.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 2:32 am

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mmoonhoax.html
http://www.iangoddard.net/moon01.htm
http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/ConspiracyTheoryDidWeGototheMoon.htm
http://www.rationalinquiry.org/essays/moon_lowman.html
http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Did%20we%20land%20on%20the%20Moon.htm
http://www.clavius.org/  (Better than the Braeunig site)
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~korista/moonhoax2.html
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/frame.html
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Written By: Brian06 on 03/07/07 at 2:34 am

Yeah I guess they faked it too.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/07/07 at 2:46 am

Classy.  Talking down to people is so much fun.
Yeah, maybe you didn't notice the same thing in his post.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 2:50 am

I don't recall him saying something to you and then snottily asking what part of it you didn't understand.  That's the same kind of tone I expect parents to take with their children when you tell them over and over not to do something and they do it anyway. 

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/07/07 at 2:58 am

Well, I read a couple of those pages(haven't had time to read each link), and its just people spewing the same rhethoric trying to debunk the "conspiracy freaks". As I have stated several times, none of these sites are willing to give a step by step analysis on how technology that is vastly inferior to what we have today was able to take man to the moon, but we cant do it today. Even NASA itself admits we cant go to the Moon now, but in the same breath says we did it decades ago. Does that make sense?

Also, the most hilarious thing I seen on one of these sites is where it says all living astronauts who went to the Moon are willing to testify they did. In reality, none of these men will swear on a Bible that they actually walked on the Moon.

I don't recall him saying something to you and then snottily asking what part of it you didn't understand.  That's the same kind of tone I expect parents to take with their children when you tell them over and over not to do something and they do it anyway. 
Maybe you should read it again.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 3:02 am

Can I see something from the astronauts that are not willing to swear on a Bible about anything?  Some links, an interview that was conducted with one of them, something like that?  You know, something absolutely 100% definitive.  No bones about it, can't refute it if you wanted to.  I mean, something that would make the dead rise....that kind of stuff.  I would like to see something that came from the mouths of one of the astronauts.  Maybe something from Armstrong, Aldrin or Collins since they were on Apollo 11. 

I read about 80% of those links before I posted them, including the Clavius one and I feel that the moon landing was real.  Everything they could come up with that people who don't believe it could say, they were able to reason away with physics, or common sense, or logic....stuff like that.    I also read some sites from people who DO think it was a hoax, so I am aware of the other side of the coin.  I don't believe it, but I'm aware it exists.  I happen to think that if we had the power to go into space , we had the power to land on the moon.  I have seen numerous interviews with the various members of the Apollo missions, including Jim Lovell who lent his knowledge to the making of Apollo 13.  Was he lying?  Crazy?  Senile?  You tell me.  I've also read interviews with John Glenn about his experiences in space and what that was like....was he lying too?  He believes we went to the moon....and he was a part of the space program.  I don't think he's full of crap, and I don't think Lovell is full of crap and when I read an article talking about Armstrong's first words when he landed on the moon, he talked about how he spent the time in the LEM before they touched down thinking of what to say and how there'd be tons of people watching and that he had to say something important.  Could that have all been a front?  If you believe it was, then you believe it was.....but I don't think it was.  That doesn't sound like someone who is willing to swear on a Bible that they didn't go anywhere.  I can provide the link to that article if you'd like.

And I did read what Kevin said and I didn't take what he said to be snotty.  Frustrated, but not snotty.  You sounded like a parent who got tired of telling their kid for the 80th time not to play soccer in the house.  Big difference.  Kevin is a good guy, you don't do people like that.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/07/07 at 3:14 am

Can I see some proof from the astronauts that are not willing to swear on a Bible about anything?  Some links, an interview that was conducted with one of them, something like that?  You know, something absolutely 100% definitive.  No bones about it, can't refute it if you wanted to.  I mean, something that would make the dead rise....that kind of the stuff.  I need some proof of this, and not just some hearsay either.  I would like to see something that came from the mouths of one of the astronauts.  Can you dredge some of that up for us simpletons, here? 

And I did read what Kevin said and I didn't take what he said to be snotty.  Frustrated, but not snotty.  You sounded like a parent who got tired of telling their kid for the 80th time not to play soccer in the house.  Big difference. 
Well, its 1 am here in my neck of the woods, but tomorrow I'll do what I can to dig up the video footage of these astronauts being asked to swear on a Bible that they walked on the Moon. They either flat out refused, or got angry. Not just one astronaut either, all of them. I seen it on a TV show many years ago, and also watched it on Google video last year. If its not on Google , its probably on youtube. Hell, its probably on a hundred conspiracy sites as well. I'll find it.

There's also some footage of a press conference that took place after the Apollo landing, and when Armstrong is asked something, looks confused, doesn't know what to say, and a NASA spokesman quickly changes the subject to something else, and then Armstrong is thrown some softball questions. It could be Buzz Aldrin instead of Armstrong. I dont remember exactly which one.

I also read a really interesting book on the subject years ago, although I forgot the title and author. I'll try and track that down also, and if I find it, I'll send you an ebay or amazon link to it.

Written By: karen on 03/07/07 at 3:18 am

Scientists all over the world have admitted that mankind wont have the technology to send a manned flight to the moon for DECADES!!

Give me one name

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 3:21 am

Well, its 1 am here in my neck of the woods, but tomorrow I'll do what I can to dig up the video footage of these astronauts being asked to swear on a Bible that they walked on the Moon. They either flat out refused, or got angry. Not just one astronaut either, all of them. I seen it on a TV show many years ago, and also watched it on Google video last year. If its not on Google , its probably on youtube. Hell, its probably on a hundred conspiracy sites as well. I'll find it.

There's also some footage of a press conference that took place after the Apollo landing, and when Armstrong is asked something, looks confused, doesn't know what to say, and a NASA spokesman quickly changes the subject to something else, and then Armstrong is thrown some softball questions. It could be Buzz Aldrin instead of Armstrong. I dont remember exactly which one.

I also read a really interesting book on the subject years ago, although I forgot the title and author. I'll try and track that down also, and if I find it, I'll send you an ebay or amazon link to it.

That video you were talking about......I found something about it:

This is a favorite of moon-landing skeptics such as Rene and Bart Sibrel, a Tennessee videographer and conspiracy theorist who confronted Aldrin in Los Angeles in September, calling him a liar and challenging him to swear on a Bible that he walked on the moon. Aldrin, who said Sibrel poked him with the Bible, hit him in the face.

You know, if someone called me a liar and said that I did not do what I did.....I'd get angry too.  I don't think Aldrin's reaction to those two doofuses constitutes him saying "I didn't walk on the moon."  I think that's him saying "How dare you, you stupid punks".  He was well within his rights to react the way he did, I would have done the same thing. 

Aron Ranen, 41, read the book. The San Francisco filmmaker spent a year interviewing astronauts and NASA engineers as well as conspiracy theorists as he tried to prove the moon landings were real. His work resulted in the film Moon Hoax: Did We Go?  Ranen interviewed Aldrin, who says on camera that he did indeed walk on the moon. He interviewed the guy who closed the hatch on the Apollo 11 astronauts before takeoff and the Navy frogman who opened it upon splashdown. Both confirmed they did what they did and they believe the moon landing happened.

What is your take on that?  That is a man interviewing a member of the Apollo 11 crew, and said member of the Apollo 11 crew says they walked on the moon.  They also talked to the man who closed the hatch before they left and who opened it when they splashed down in the ocean.  How do you explain that?  Lies?  Fraud?  Were they given money to give false testimony? 

http://gershkuntzman.homestead.com/files/Moon_Stalker.htm

That's a link about one of the guys stalking these astronauts with a Bible and a camera.  Someone like this guy cannot be taken seriously.  I've read enough about him now to know that he's crazy.  Who goes to elderly mens' doors with a Bible and a camera?  A couple of these old guys fought back and good for them....harassment is not proof they didn't do what they did.

A quote from the above article:

Of course, that didn’t stop me from doing my journalistic duty. After softening up Aldrin’s lawyer, O’Brien, by getting him to recount the punch incident, I suddenly asked him—point blank and out of the blue!— “Has Buzz Aldrin ever been on the moon?” I figured maybe I’d catch him unprepared. But Aldrin’s paid mouthpiece didn’t flinch.
“Yes, Buzz Aldrin has been on the moon,” O’Brien said. “He was there with Neil Armstrong.” (He made it sound like a fraternity road trip.)
I reminded O’Brien that he is a sworn officer of the court and that if he was lying to me, I would make sure he was disbarred faster than Bill Clinton.
“You can quote me as saying for the record and unequivocally: Buzz Aldrin has walked on the moon,” he repeated.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 3:36 am

Sorry for the exorbitantly long posts, there.  I now return you to your regularly-scheduled short posts.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/07/07 at 5:17 am

I suppose that the pyramids in Egypt are hoaxes too. After all, it's inconceivable that ancient people could have build such structures, in near-precise astrological alignment, without even a slide rule... that is, unless you believe that aliens built them...

I'm with Karen: give me the name of one respectable scientist who has said we cannot land on the moon.

The Shuttles obviously cannot do so, since they require a landing strip. That does not mean we (assuming you are American) didn't land on the moon nearly 40 years ago.

There are innumerable modern marvels of engineering, many of which were completed with no computers at all. The Hoover Dam is pretty friggin impressive, and was finished a good 20 years before anyone knew what a computer was.

Answer me this: which is more likely: that we landed on the moon, or that thousands of people involved in planning, designing, construction, operations, logistics, etc. of an underataking that size have remained silent for nearly 40 years?

Ockham was a pretty smart guy...

Written By: karen on 03/07/07 at 5:38 am

Max, until this footage surfaced, I completely agreed with what you're saying. At various forums over the years, I have debated the whole moon landing hoax, and yes, there is compelling evidence that man never set foot on the moon. Like you said, we didn't have the technology(we still dont), and the computers used to get them to the moon were less powerful than a modern day calculator. .

We also didn't have the technology to fake it so well

The video of the lunar lander's take-off from the Moon constitutes all necessary proof that it genuinely occurred on the Moon. 

It could not be 3D-simulated at the time, because such video software required 32/64-bit hardware and several years' development (at the time all computer hardware was just 8-bit!). 

The gold foil/melinex wrapping of the discarded Lander's Landing Stage tore into small pieces and flew away in straight lines and high speeds, radiating away from the rocket flame impact point (at no time was any motor flame visible). 

High speeds = vacuum (any atmosphere, and it would have fluttered to a stop, and down).

Interestingly, you could see a spinning, rotational, flutter - further proof, if you needed it, of a VACUUM. As well as - no visible flame! 

Then, "straight line" = low gravity. Those lines were, of course, very flat parabolas, but with motor exhaust gas speeds of several thousand feet per second, and only one-sixth Earth G, it's hardly surprising if you thought they were straight. 

So doubters would have to suggest to me how someone created a hemispherical vacuum chamber with at least a three hundred foot radius, and inside it managed to reduce Earth gravity by a factor of five sixths.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/07/07 at 7:37 am

The video of the lunar lander's take-off from the Moon constitutes all necessary proof that it genuinely occurred on the Moon. 

It could not be 3D-simulated at the time, because such video software required 32/64-bit hardware and several years' development (at the time all computer hardware was just 8-bit!). 

The gold foil/melinex wrapping of the discarded Lander's Landing Stage tore into small pieces and flew away in straight lines and high speeds, radiating away from the rocket flame impact point (at no time was any motor flame visible). 

High speeds = vacuum (any atmosphere, and it would have fluttered to a stop, and down).

Interestingly, you could see a spinning, rotational, flutter - further proof, if you needed it, of a VACUUM. As well as - no visible flame! 

Then, "straight line" = low gravity. Those lines were, of course, very flat parabolas, but with motor exhaust gas speeds of several thousand feet per second, and only one-sixth Earth G, it's hardly surprising if you thought they were straight. 

So doubters would have to suggest to me how someone created a hemispherical vacuum chamber with at least a three hundred foot radius, and inside it managed to reduce Earth gravity by a factor of five sixths.
I didn't understand 1/2 of what you said (it's been a LONG time since I took physics ;)) but I had to give you karma because it sounds so dammed impressive ;)

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 7:54 am

wow. this is... awesome. and i usually don't like debunkers.

Written By: La Roche on 03/07/07 at 8:55 am

:)

Karen's the cleverest scientist I know.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/07 at 11:14 am

Thanks for all the great links!

It's easy to sell hoax theories about the moon landings because the mission was so enormous, complex, and involved sooooo much science and technology.  The average person does not have the facts at his fingertips to refute the claims of a good hoaxmeister.  I don't.  I was so terrible at math I never got beyond basic algebra.  I never took a single course in physics or chemistry.  However, even if I had an advanced degree in physics, all I could do is weigh the evidence presented.  I couldn't go to the moon myself! 

More simply, you could say, "water boils at 100 degrees celsius."  I could say, "I don't believe you."  All you would have to do is put a pan of water on the stove with a thermometer to prove your point. 

The hoax advocates, as Braeunig points out, use selective information hoping you will accept it.  In many cases, the hoax advocates have accepted the same info from other hoax advocates.  For instance, the Van Allen belts.  My friend Dave declared the astronauts would be killed by the radiation in the Van Allen belts.  Either Dave didn't know or didn't mention NASA could set the trajectory to minimize the astronauts' exposure to Van Allen belt radiation, and that the hour spent passing through the Van Allens at said trajectory would be too insignificant to be considered hazardous.  Dr. Van Allen didn't die until last summer.  He gave his seal of approval to NASA's plans back in the '60s.

This would not deter a determined hoax believer.  Disprove one part of the hoax, the hardcore hoax believer will set up an EVEN BIGGER hoax theory: "Those scientists are paid by NASA to say that!"
::)

Furthermore, the enormous and complex nature of the moon missions that create so much opportunity for hoax theorists also nullfies the possibility of a hoax.  Unlike 9/11, JFK assassination, or even Roswell, these NASA projects went on for years in public with hundreds of thousands of people involved.  This was a civil project, not a defense project, thus very little of the information was classified. Braeunig points out these facts, but I considered them independent of Braeunig.  Not even one deathbed confession?

I did see the footage of Neil Armstrong being an a-hole to reporters.  He knew they were challenging the authenticity of his achievements, so of course he didn't like them.  However, I thought Armstrong's behavior was vulgar and unbecoming of a lauded public figure such as he.  Then again, it's their constitutional right to ask questions, and his constitutional right to be a prick.  What difference would it make if Armstrong, Aldrin, Mitchell, or any other lunar astronaut swore on the Bible?  If the hoaxers are right, then these astronauts participated in the biggest lie ever.  People swear on the Bible in court and lie their butts off every day all across the country!  Are these astronauts just more frightened of the Amighty than Joe Shmo, the company embezzler?

In another thread I argued on the pro side for conspiracy theories where Mushroom argued the con.  I believe in some conspiracy theories, such as 9/11 and JFK, but the preponderance of evidence in the case of the lunar landings is simply not on the side of the hoax believers.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 1:36 pm

Applause, karma, kudoes.....whatever you call it.  You done learned us all. 

Written By: twistedwarp on 03/08/07 at 1:25 am

Hey This is part of the article that someone posted it explains why we havent gone to the moon lately........

If NASA was able to land men on the Moon with such great success, why are there no plans to return and why haven't the Russians sent anyone?

"Despite the apparent ease with which NASA landed six crews on the lunar surface between 1969 and 1972, traveling to the Moon was difficult, dangerous and very expensive. The advanced planning and preparation of the spacecraft and astronauts resulted in spectacularly successful missions that succeeded despite the inherent difficulties and dangers. The United States landed men on the Moon while the Soviet Union failed in its attempt to do the same. Once the U.S. succeeded, the Soviets' reason for going to the Moon was eliminated. To fly to the moon today would be nearly as difficult and likely more expensive than it was three decades ago. Until there is sufficient motivation to do so, it is unlikely man will return to the moon any time in the near future" ::).

I also like to point out that the man didnt have an explination to why the flag of united states appears to be fluttering when pictures were taking . when the MOON has no AIR . hmmm :-\\

I personally dont believe this ... WE LANDED ON THE MOON OOK!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/08/07 at 1:30 am

I also like to point out that the man didnt have an explination to why the flag of united states appears to be fluttering when pictures were taking . when the MOON has no AIR . hmmm :-\\

http://www.clavius.org/

http://www.clavius.org/envflutter.html

They explain much better than I ever could why the flag appears to be moving, even though it's not.

The wrinkles and folds in the flag are from its tight packing during the voyage, not because the air is blowing it. Fig. 2 is the flag from the picture Young took of Charlie Duke's salute a few seconds later. You can see that it's almost identical to the one in the photo above, but photographed from a slightly different angle.  If the flag were waving in the breeze we'd expect it to billow differently in photographs taken seconds or minutes apart. Instead the folds don't change between photographs. The flag is obviously stationary, but wrinkled.

Written By: twistedwarp on 03/08/07 at 1:47 am

Oh ok NOW im fully convinced ;D

Oh and about that video! its very interesting , even though is not the real deal.

Written By: karen on 03/08/07 at 3:38 am

Also the flag has a thin wire across the top of it to hold it out sideways from the flag pole  The flag pole itself is fairly thin and continues to vibrate after it has been planted in the ground which causes the motion in the flag

Written By: loki 13 on 03/08/07 at 4:29 pm

And I did read what Kevin said and I didn't take what he said to be snotty.  Frustrated, but not snotty.  You sounded like a parent who got tired of telling their kid for the 80th time not to play soccer in the house.  Big difference.  Kevin is a good guy, you don't do people like that.

Beth, Thank you for the kind words, you've made my night.  ;D

Frustrated, absolutely. It's not just here, I deal with the hoax advocates on a regular basis. The frustration began because hoax
advocates refuse to read or listen to anything that refutes their belief. They also refuse to give me a site or the name of a reputable
scientist who has proof of a hoax.

Look, most people who say they are open mined are in fact -- not. I am open minded and I don't mind being proved wrong. I have
an insatiable hunger for knowledge. Give me something more than an old coot in the desert with a leaf blower. hoax advocates
seem to regurgitate the same circumstances -- no technology, no stars, flag waving, the infamous letter C, odd shadows, and the
biggest of all -- The Van Allen Belt. All of which have been refuted.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/08/07 at 4:31 pm

I was being sarcastic, not condescending. I am not out to belittle anyone, you are entitled to your opinion.

Written By: Moon Faker 1 on 05/27/09 at 1:18 am

The rocks came from a meteor that crashed in Canada! They took a short trip and collected all that they needed. Check it out for yourself.

Written By: karen on 05/27/09 at 12:04 pm

pfffft

whatever

Check for new replies or respond here...