inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The epitome of a spoiled brat.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/05/07 at 6:05 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QVEwCqfi9MU

Is this the attitude of the rich. This spoiled B***h is complaining because of a color. Dad should sell
the car, cut the brat off from any money and make the B***h work for a living.

Subject: Re: The epitome of a spoiled brat.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/05/07 at 6:15 pm

That's crazy!

I felt lucky that when I started to dive in 1987 my parents bought me a 1979 Olds Cutlass.  I treated it like gold. 

Written By: loki 13 on 03/05/07 at 6:29 pm

That's crazy!

I felt lucky that when I started to dive in 1987 my parents bought me a 1979 Olds Cutlass.  I treated it like gold. 

My Father loaned me $300 to buy a 1971 Chevy Impala, that was back in '79. I wish I still had
the car. I too, treated it like gold. If my parents gave me a brand new car, there would be no way
I would complain about anything.

Sad part is, Daddy probably bought her the blue one she wanted.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 6:30 pm

Her first name is McKenzie and she's whining because she wanted blue sports car for her b'day, not a red one.  This is not an anomoly.  There are "McKenzies" everwhere here in Amherst.  

What is the central message of our popular culture for young women?  
A pretty girl is entitled to have every luxury and every whim fulfilled...or else!!!

That's what happens when you're raised on MTV and Cosmo.

Actually, that girl reminded me of Cartman, 'cept Cartman is a cut-out cartoon of a fat little boy!

(Please allow for the possibility that video could be a joke.)

My dad:

"You want a car?  Get a job!"
:P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/07 at 6:41 pm

that reminds me of those spoiled jerks on that, "My Sweet Sixteen" show....totally nauseating. ::)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/05/07 at 6:46 pm

Your right Max, the video may be a joke but you can be assured that the world is full of unappreciative,
spoiled rotten kids like "McKenzie" who have no idea what it's like to work for what they want.

Paris Hilton comes to mind.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 6:46 pm

that reminds me of those spoiled jerks on that, "My Sweet Sixteen" show....totally nauseating. ::)

That's what I'm saying.  To you and me they're spoiled jerks.  To "McKenzie," they're role models!
>:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 6:49 pm

Your right Max, the video may be a joke but you can be assured that the world is full of unappreciative,
spoiled rotten kids like "McKenzie" who have no idea what it's like to work for what they want.

Paris Hilton comes to mind.  ;)

The difference is the dealer would GIVE Paris the car just for the photo-ops, and when she wraps it around a telephone pole, he'd give her another one.  Paris is not a spoiled rich girl, she's the decline and fall of Western civilization personified!
;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/05/07 at 7:09 pm

I thought the same thing...my Sweet Sixteen was in a hall that was owned by either Knights of Columbus or Elks Lodge, I can't remember, I do remember my parents complaining that it was costing too much...probably around $1,000.  ;D

Those kids on that show have Sweet Sixteens that cost more than my wedding...probably more than my house, too.  O.K. add the cost of my wedding, my house and two cars and that's about what the parents are spending.  :o ::)

My Father loaned me $300 to buy a 1971 Chevy Impala, that was back in '79. I wish I still had
the car. I too, treated it like gold. If my parents gave me a brand new car, there would be no way
I would complain about anything.

Sad part is, Daddy probably bought her the blue one she wanted.

See, my uncle died and my sister got his car for free and since no one else kicked-the-bucket  ;D around the time I started driving my parents didn't think it was fair for me to have to buy a car.  I think they paid about $1500.00 for it. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/07 at 9:08 pm

I thought the same thing...my Sweet Sixteen was in a hall that was owned by either Knights of Columbus or Elks Lodge, I can't remember, I do remember my parents complaining that it was costing too much...probably around $1,000.   ;D

Same here...mine was at the Knights club...it was an oldies themed party (the guests could either come dressed as a hippie, beatnik, or 50's girl/guy)....it was inexpensive, but one of the best times of my growing up years!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 9:09 pm

I never had a Sweet Sixteen party.  Birthday parties were never my thing growing up.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/05/07 at 9:13 pm

I never had a Sweet Sixteen party.  Birthday parties were never my thing growing up.
I never did either.....in fact, I don't know of ANYONE in my town who had one :-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 03/05/07 at 11:28 pm

I don't think the video is a fake or staged.

Working on that premise, McKenzie (what kind of first name is that, anyway?) ... I don't have the words ... at least any that I can post here without breaking my shift and 8 keys.

If I were her dad, I'd take it back to the dealership (the red convertable; I couldn't tell the model from the clip) and buy her a blue Chevy Metro.

...oddly enough, I owned a Geo Metro that was blue, and loved that car...

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 5:33 am

on a related but not terribly related note, dorkwads who go on to youtube and accuse every video in the universe of being faked or staged need to all be vigorously slapped.

what reason is there for thinking it's staged? it COULD be but there's no evidence whatsoever. i don't know why that annoys me so much, probably because you can tell it's just some character trying to pass himself off as smarter than everyone else. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/06/07 at 9:16 am

If this had been Jason he would have been disowned.

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 9:19 am

i had moments like that. i was never one tenth as bad as her but i feel bad for my folks sometimes putting up with some of my whiny crap when i was in high school.

Written By: Gis on 03/06/07 at 10:29 am

You should see her reply it's priceless!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/06/07 at 10:46 am

Wow, thats crazy! I was perfectly happy with the 1993 Chevy Lumina my parents helped me buy 4 years ago. And it was red too ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/07/07 at 2:35 pm

This reminds me of an old Married With Children episode where Al Bundy is in a Ford dealership and drooling over a new ('89 or '90) Mustang GT convertible (since he's still stuck driving his old Duster), when some rich guy and his son walk in and the dad hands the kid the keys to the Mustang and says, "Happy birthday, son!" The kid then starts jumping up and down and throwing a tantrum and yells, "But Dad....I wanted a PORSCHE!"

And of course Al Bundy gets that exasperated look on his face that he always gets whenever life kicks him in the nuts.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 2:42 pm

y'all ever see the scarlet johannsohn sweet sixteen skit on SNL? it's hilarious. "this party is worse than the holocaust!"

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/07/07 at 2:44 pm

Update: "Mackenzie" got her blue Saab and now she's going to sell her "old" red Saab on eBay for $9.99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOYhU5qhLM

Can anyone say lonelyspoiledgirl15???  :o :o :o

http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/8/8f/Attentionwhore.jpg/180px-Attentionwhore.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/07/07 at 2:45 pm

^ Hold on there...I haven't actually watched this YouTube video, but is this for real?  Or are they just making fun of someone else? 

If the dad let's her do this it's either he has way too much money or he's retarded.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/07/07 at 3:14 pm

FAKE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacKenzieHeartsu

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 3:15 pm

Ooopsie!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/07/07 at 3:17 pm

MacKenzie still sucks.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/07/07 at 3:19 pm

MacKenzie still sucks.
I'd do her.

(*AHEM*) That is, of course, if I was 20 years younger.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/07/07 at 3:23 pm

I'd do her.

It might be legal in some states :)

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 3:28 pm

I'd do her.

DADDY! YOU BOUGHT ME AN AL-B!! I WANTED A DAVEY THRASHMISTER!!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/07 at 5:44 pm

Domino's Pizza has certainly came with up an intersting idea, on how to make ads.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/07 at 8:38 pm

on a related but not terribly related note, dorkwads who go on to youtube and accuse every video in the universe of being faked or staged need to all be vigorously slapped.

what reason is there for thinking it's staged? it COULD be but there's no evidence whatsoever. i don't know why that annoys me so much, probably because you can tell it's just some character trying to pass himself off as smarter than everyone else. ::)

"Dorkwad"? Moi? No, no, my dear, I did not say the video was faked, I just said to allow for the possibility that it was faked.  After all, if we can fake putting a man on the moon...
:D

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 8:52 pm

"Dorkwad"? Moi? No, no, my dear, I did not say the video was faked, I just said to allow for the possibility that it was faked.  After all, if we can fake putting a man on the moon...
:D
naw, i wasn't talking about you. there was some guy on the comments for the video who KNOWS the video is faked, because "the bad acting gave it away." cuz, if the acting was good, that'd mean it WASN'T faked? try to get your head around that one. ;D

sure, it's possible it's faked. it's the people who pretend they KNOW one way or another that annoy me and merit the epithet "dorkwad."

Written By: Satish on 03/07/07 at 9:01 pm

I'd do her.

Why, only if you were twenty years younger? There's really nothing wrong with being attracted to someone who happens to be of a significantly different age than you.

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 9:05 pm

Why, only if you were twenty years younger? There's really nothing wrong with being attracted to someone who happens to be of a significantly different age than you.
that's what i told the judge!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/07 at 10:01 pm

that's what i told the judge!

Karma +1 for you, my man!
Ba-da-bing! Ba-da-boom!
;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/08/07 at 12:24 am

DADDY! YOU BOUGHT ME AN AL-B!! I WANTED A DAVEY THRASHMISTER!!!!!!
That's what all the girls say.  :-\\
It might be legal in some states :)
Well, I do happen to live in Missouri...  :o :o :o

Written By: loki 13 on 03/08/07 at 4:43 pm

FAKE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacKenzieHeartsu

Maybe I should have done a little research before posting this.    * hangs head in shame *

There was always a chance the video could have been a fake, the reason I posted it was because this kind
of behavior is not far fetched for the rich -- and even not so rich. I can't count how many times I've seen a
parent give in and buy a kid a toy just to keep them quiet.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/08/07 at 7:35 pm

Maybe I should have done a little research before posting this.    * hangs head in shame *

There was always a chance the video could have been a fake, the reason I posted it was because this kind
of behavior is not far fetched for the rich -- and even not so rich. I can't count how many times I've seen a

I think this is an important point. Not all rich people are spoiled and unappreciative. Not all unappreciative people are rich. Every socioeconomic level has its share of wonderful people and of little maggots who don't know what they have. We tend to like to associate various statuses so that we can more easily "organize" people, but it really just doesn't hold true (from my experience, at least).

Written By: Jessica on 03/08/07 at 7:37 pm

I think this is an important point. Not all rich people are spoiled and unappreciative. Not all unappreciative people are rich. Every socioeconomic level has its share of wonderful people and of little maggots who don't know what they have. We tend to like to associate various statuses so that we can more easily "organize" people, but it really just doesn't hold true (from my experience, at least).

Good point. I think we're getting bad mental images of the rich though because Paris Hilton and her band of spoiled cronies are shoved in our faces every day. :P

Written By: jackas on 03/08/07 at 8:36 pm

Yeah, parents are just way too permissive nowadays....and total pushovers.  We have a really nice family that we know here and their girls are the same age as my girls, but I just can't stand to hang out with them because their mother lets them do practically anything and the moment they become tired they have meltdowns. ::)  On top of that, I can't even have a conversation with the mother because the moment her kids come up and start talking to her, she totally abandons our conversation to turn her attention to the kids.  That is so rude.  Then there are the parents that do this thing where they don't want to mention a certain somewhere (Chuck E Cheese's/McDonalds) in front of the kids because they are afraid to say no when the kids start to ask if they can go.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/09/07 at 12:40 am

Hey, don't sweat it.  ;) 

To me, the original video (the one you posted) seemed convincing enough and there really was nothing about it that made it seem anything other than authentic. But then I saw the first "follow-up" video where "MacKenzie" tried to justify her actions by saying how her eyes are blue and so is everything she wears and how she simply wanted a car that matched, and the first thing that came to mind was "lonelygirl15." The next video after that, which had "MacKenzie" offering to sell her red car on eBay for $9.99 ended with a web address that led you to a site that was sponsored by Domino's Pizza, and when I Googled it, it led me to the Wikepedia entry that I put up the link to.

Don't feel bad. Hold your head up high, loki! After all, just like the old saying from Tennessee goes (or is it Texas?),  "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, um, uh...won't get fooled again!"  :D :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/07 at 5:24 pm

Rich kids--those born into it--tend to be clueless about the real world.  They're always insulated from it.  I knew rich kids who joined the Peace Corps and spent a year in some impoverished hell-hole in Latin America.  They came back and reverted right back to the spoiled brats they were before they left!  It's not guaranteed, but more likely than not.

Written By: woops on 03/09/07 at 7:59 pm

They're all over Moronic TV  ::) :P

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/07 at 9:08 pm

Rich kids--those born into it--tend to be clueless about the real world.  They're always insulated from it.  I knew rich kids who joined the Peace Corps and spent a year in some impoverished hell-hole in Latin America.  They came back and reverted right back to the spoiled brats they were before they left!  It's not guaranteed, but more likely than not.

I agree completely, having witness stuff like this myself too (I grew up in a relatively affluent area north of San Francisco, and my parents were friends with some people like this, who turned out to be phonies later, but that's a long story).

I'm not excusing their values or their behavior, but I can somewhat understand where their thinking comes from (not all rich people are like this, of course, but I'm referring to those who are). If you grow up only seeing the world this one way, and the upper class life is "normal" to you, then it's like there's nothing much that's better, and everything else is inferior. So, they might not appreciate anything if they've never had to work for it.

Written By: Marian on 03/10/07 at 3:26 pm

Same here...mine was at the Knights club...it was an oldies themed party (the guests could either come dressed as a hippie, beatnik, or 50's girl/guy)....it was inexpensive, but one of the best times of my growing up years!
There need to be more 50s prties!

Written By: AFTERSHOCK on 04/27/07 at 8:26 pm

The brother holdin' the camera is the bomb.. he just keeps rolling....  ;D

Written By: Marian on 04/28/07 at 3:41 pm

The brother holdin' the camera is the bomb.. he just keeps rolling....  ;D
I know!he is so funny!

Check for new replies or respond here...