inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: how to earn my eternal services as a love slave.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 1:07 pm

if anyone out there has tivo or any of those other fancy cable services and can go back and record last night's entertianment tonight and send it to me you will own me body and soul for the rest of my life. you may use and abuse me as you will, i will be your dog.

you'll never guess who the guest was!

Subject: Re: how to earn my eternal services as a love slave.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 1:09 pm

if anyone out there has tivo or any of those other fancy cable services and can go back and record last night's entertianment tonight and send it to me you will own me body and soul for the rest of my life. you may use and abuse me as you will, i will be your dog.

Typo or subliminal hint?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 1:12 pm

We have a DVR, but it won't let you go back - you can only record future shows, which sucks, because I've always wanted a dog.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 1:15 pm

We have a DVR, but it won't let you go back - you can only record future shows, which sucks, because I've always wanted a dog.
jacks informs me they're probably gonna replay it, so looks like everyone has missed their chance to own me body and soul.

well, except for this one person who can have me body and soul regardless.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 1:20 pm

jacks informs me they're probably gonna replay it, so looks like everyone has missed their chance to own me body and soul.

Alfred?

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 1:21 pm

Alfred?
baaaaaaAAAAHHHHHHhhhhh...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/11/07 at 12:04 pm

So who was the guest?

Written By: Tia on 03/11/07 at 12:12 pm

So who was the guest?
you'll never guess!

so i went out at 1 am last night and set the vcr and everything, only to discover that when the tards at CBS say "1 am sunday," they actually mean "1 am monday."

um... duh?

Written By: Tia on 03/12/07 at 1:11 am

well, i just woke my ass up at 1 am to go tape ET and it was a full hour of anna nicole smith coverage. no tia. it was tialess.

oh, well, it's not on the online archives either, for some reason.

dude, what's with anna nicole's breasts? theyre like, huge. ridiculously so. it's not even hot.

Written By: karen on 03/12/07 at 9:23 am

No fair.  I don't get a chance to own you

Written By: Tia on 03/12/07 at 9:27 am

actually, i'm back in the running. i wasnt able to tape it and it wasnt in the online archives so anyone who can provide me with a copy of the latest kim richards interview on ET (i think it aired friday night?) can have me. shipping and handling included.

Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 6:56 pm

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=2668140&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1

wow, it's the end of an era. i found it.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/22/07 at 7:00 pm

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=2668140&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1

wow, it's the end of an era. i found it.

Someone I know....and I won't mention names.....will wear that clip out.  I mean at some point it's going to scream "MERCY!"

Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 7:04 pm

Someone I know....and I won't mention names.....will wear that clip out.  I mean at some point it's going to scream "MERCY!"
nah, i'm totally over kim richards now. i'm into deborah gibson these days.

dude, tia's not shy with the low-scoop blouses these days, is she? :o daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/22/07 at 7:05 pm

If you got 'em, flaunt 'em.  She still looks really good for her age, and at least she's not dressed like she who shall remain nameless but is sadly related to Tia.

Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 7:07 pm

funny thing is my computer's not even wired for sound. i won't be able to llisten to it till later. :(

Written By: KKay on 03/22/07 at 8:18 pm

If I just ask you nicely to be my love slave for eternity....will that work?

Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 9:04 pm

dag! i should have been a plumber.

omg, that interviewer chick really made an ass out of herself, with the lindsay lohan comment right off the bat and the whole calling it "escape FROM witch mountain" thing. duh. and the question about her mom's death is totally off base, that happened way after she dropped out of show biz.

dude, what's with her saying she set her horse free in the desert? is that a really cool thing to do? or is it inhumane? that kinda made me do a doubletake.

that's cool she's looking at doing more stuff, though. she looks good, that's for sure.

Written By: Tia on 03/22/07 at 9:04 pm

If I just ask you nicely to be my love slave for eternity....will that work?
;)

you already got your boy though.

Written By: KKay on 03/23/07 at 10:06 am

;)

you already got your boy though.

so that's an enthusiastic yes!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/25/07 at 5:22 pm

you'll never guess!

so i went out at 1 am last night and set the vcr and everything, only to discover that when the tards at CBS say "1 am sunday," they actually mean "1 am monday."

um... duh?

That's one of my pet peeves.  I'm anal about that.  I don't care if it's 12:03 a.m., it's Sunday, not Saturday!  That's strictly for measured time itself.  I still call 1:00 a.m. "night."  For me "night" becomes "day" at 3:00 a.m. sharp.  2:43 a.m. is "night."  3:13 a.m. is "morning."  My rules, I make 'em up.

There used to be a cafe in Cambridge that had a sign reading:
HOURS
11:00 a.m -- 12:00 p.m.

I walked in at 11:15 and asked, "why are you only open one hour a day?:  They guy looked at me like I was an idiot!
:D

Annie Hall: So you wanna go into the movie or what?
Alvy Singer: No, I can't go into a movie that's already started, because I'm anal.
Annie Hall: That's a polite word for what you are.

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 5:36 pm

Annie Hall: So you wanna go into the movie or what?
Alvy Singer: No, I can't go into a movie that's already started, because I'm anal.
Annie Hall: That's a polite word for what you are.
awesome! someone who doesn't see the day as beginning and ending at midnight is just not on the same planet as me.

on a related note, imagine how freaked out i was when i learned half the people around me deem the week as beginning on sunday instead of monday. it's like we're all living in different realities, it's WEIRD. :o

Written By: Satish on 03/25/07 at 5:54 pm

on a related note, imagine how freaked out i was when i learned half the people around me deem the week as beginning on sunday instead of monday. it's like we're all living in different realities, it's WEIRD. :o

Yeah, that bothers me, too. But did you know that the timekeeping function of the Unix operating system marks Sunday as the first day of the week? And that seems to be the case with most computer-related operations that I've encountered.

It would seem that marking Sunday as the first day of the week is the generally accepted convention. Scary...  :o

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/07 at 7:01 pm

Hi darling.

Check for new replies or respond here...