inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Deal Or No Deal

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 3:34 pm

Does anybody else like this prime-time game show?

I think Howie Mandel is a kick!  :D 8)

Oh, and some of those models are gorgeous!  :)

Subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/07 at 3:35 pm

I tried to watch an episode, but Howie Mandel is just too annoying for me.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/20/07 at 3:36 pm

I like it, not quite as much as I used to like the old millionaire show, but it's not bad.

Written By: Paul on 03/20/07 at 3:40 pm

I've caught it once or twice when I've been on holiday...

The show's normally finished by the time I return from work...

Really, it's fiendishly simple...and theoretically cheap for the TV companies who make it!

The British version is hosted by ex-DJ Noel Edmonds, who personally, I'd like to kick!  ::)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 3:41 pm

Really?!  ???

Bob Sagat (1 vs. 100) is the one who annoys me...

...he has absolutely no personality!  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/07 at 3:41 pm

Really?!  ???

Yes.  I've never liked him. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 3:43 pm

Really, it's fiendishly simple...and theoretically cheap for the TV companies who make it!

That's what's great about it!  :D

The British version is hosted by ex-DJ Noel Edmonds, who personally, I'd like to kick!  ::)

Can't say I've heard of him... ???

Written By: Paul on 03/20/07 at 3:46 pm

Can't say I've heard of him... ???

Then think yourself lucky! He's a rather glib, annoying little man...

(Then again, he's worth a fortune and I'm not!)

His career has been strictly confined (mostly) to our shores, so no...you wouldn't have heard of him...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 3:53 pm

Then think yourself lucky! He's a rather glib, annoying little man...

(Then again, he's worth a fortune and I'm not!)

His career has been strictly confined (mostly) to our shores, so no...you wouldn't have heard of him...

I see!  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/07 at 4:20 pm

I like the concept of this tv game show, but I feel that the playing of this game can easily take five minutes, so for this I do not watch it.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/20/07 at 4:24 pm

No deal.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/07 at 4:26 pm

No deal.
This thread can have a poll.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 4:36 pm

I like the concept of this tv game show, but I feel that the playing of this game can easily take five minutes, so for this I do not watch it.

Yes, they do tend to inject it with waaaay too many commercials!  ::) :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/07 at 5:44 pm

I remember Howie from the '80s and he was sooooo NOT funny!  He ranks up there with Yakov Smirnoff, Carrot Top, and Pauly Shore.  These crummy comics never quite go away....
>:(

Written By: whistledog on 03/20/07 at 6:24 pm

I have always liked Howie Mandel in every thing he's done, and I love to watch Deal or No Deal.  He's always been my favourite Canadian comedian :)

Here's some Trivia ...

Lanisha Cole (case 13) is also currently one of Barker's Beauties on The Price is Right
Claudia Jordan (case 2) was a Barker's Beauty from 2001-2003

Leyla Milani (case 13 aka Lucky Leyla) is my favourite because she's super sexy, and a fellow Canuck.  She is from Toronto and actually went to the same High School Howie did (different years of course as she is much younger than him).

Howie is also the host of Deal or No Deal: Canada, and in a slight twist, instead of $.01 and $1, the two lowest amounts are a Loonie (dollar coin) and a Toonie (2 dollar coin) lol

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/07 at 6:26 pm

I have always liked Howie Mandel in every thing he's done, and I love to watch Deal or No Deal.  He's always been my favourite Canadian comedian :)

Here's some Trivia ...

Lanisha Cole (case 13) is also currently one of Barker's Beauties on The Price is Right
Claudia Jordan (case 2) was a Barker's Beauty from 2001-2003

Leyla Milani (case 13 aka Lucky Leyla) is my favourite because she's super sexy, and a fellow Canuck.  She is from Toronto and actually went to the same High School Howie did (different years of course as she is much younger than him).

Howie is also the host of Deal or No Deal: Canada, and in a slight twist, instead of $.01 and $1, the two lowest amounts are a Loonie (dollar coin) and a Toonie (2 dollar coin) lol

Thanks for the very interesting bits of trivia, Jason!  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/20/07 at 10:03 pm

Bob Sagat (1 vs. 100) is the one who annoys me...

...he has absolutely no personality!  :P

That's what I used to think, because I'd only seen Saget on television. Then I saw his rendition of the Aristocrats joke.  And the Jamie Kennedy video, "Rollin' with Saget".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_n9YaAMmg

Saget is truly the illest mu*bleep*ka in a cardigan sweater.  No way in h-e-double-hockeysticks I'd attempt to slip his version of the Aristocrats past the censors.  Not safe for work, not safe for your sanity... and not safe for your gut, which you'll bust laughing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/07 at 10:44 pm

It's an okay show...I never really noticed the models....I dunno, they aren't my type. :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/21/07 at 3:19 pm

It's one of those shows I watch until something else comes on, it's too long and drawn out.

However I think this girl is a knockout.

http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/images/common/model_05.jpg

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/21/07 at 3:22 pm

It's one of those shows I watch until something else comes on, it's too long and drawn out.

However I think this girl is a knockout.

http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/images/common/model_05.jpg

Yes...Hayley is beautiful!  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/22/07 at 2:54 am

No deal.
Deal.

Written By: Southern Image on 03/22/07 at 9:27 am

I like watching the show. It was cute when he brought out Bobby for  that one contestant. I always pick the cases online and my sister manages to call  at the time they are announcing the winner to say "no you didn't win". :P

Written By: limblifter on 03/22/07 at 4:20 pm

I like the show, but I agree with most people who think it's too drawn out. I think it sucks that they make the contestant open their briefcase after they've taken the deal. I think I remember some big guy in a kilt settling on 78 thou, and then finding out he had the million dollar case.

Written By: lpg_unit on 03/22/07 at 10:22 pm

Oh, and some of those models are gorgeous!  :)

I love that show, though not too much. My parents and I watch the Philippine version of Deal Or No Deal with actress Kris Aquino. Although Aquino was something of an annoying actress to me, we liked the game show itself, as it was sooooo unpredictable...

Written By: tv on 03/24/07 at 12:00 am

I have watched this game show and I could either take it or leave it. The models are hot yes! I'll take any of the dark haired brunette models! Other than the models it can be enteraining I think.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 03/24/07 at 8:02 am

The Australian version is hosted by Andrew O'Keefe - the nephew of our first true rocker legend Johnny O'Keefe.

http://www.johnnyokeefe.com/

Check for new replies or respond here...