inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The "former child star" curse strikes again!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/07 at 6:31 pm

Remember cute li'l Andy Keaton from "Family Ties"? 

He probably ties her up too!
:o

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070331/ap_en_ce/people_bonsall

Subject: Re: The "former child star" curse strikes again!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/31/07 at 8:51 pm

such a shame. :-\\  He was such a cutie in that movie, "Blank Check."

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/01/07 at 5:54 am

Nothing like an appearance on "Celebrity Justice" to try and jumpstart your career.

Written By: Davester on 04/01/07 at 7:22 am

What a chump...   

He's just lucky she didn't pull a Bobbitt on him...

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/07 at 10:25 am

It's a shame what has become of so many child stars :-\\

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:14 am

oo! it's pinky tuscadero all over again.

i guess when you get all that attention, particularly when you're so young, and then lose it, it makes you go crazy. i dunno what it is.

it's like, when you're really young the way the world is at that moment is the way you figure it always has been and always will be, because you're not old enough to have learned yet about the way things can change. so when they do you freak, cuz you think you have a born right to be a big star for your whole life. know what i mean?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 11:31 am

Of course, his former celebrity might have nothing to do with it.  He could just be your ordinary everday azzwhole. 
I mean, how many guys get busted for beating up their girlfriends on any given day?  How many of them are former child stars?

???

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:35 am

aside from the obvious example i could cite, several child actors have grown up to be okay, at least on the surface. that chick from small wonder -- totally well-adjusted fine christian woman. of course, maybe it was because her show totally sucked so she never had a chance for it to go to her head.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:37 am

aside from the obvious example i could cite, several child actors have grown up to be okay, at least on the surface. that chick from small wonder -- totally well-adjusted fine christian woman. of course, maybe it was because her show totally sucked so she never had a chance for it to go to her head.

Saying Small Wonder sucked is like calling Paris Hilton a "loose woman".  Some stuff is just too obvious.  What I loved most about that show was when it was obvious Vicky was no longer in robot-mode, and she'd start talking normally and you'd see everyone kinda looking around like "WTF?" and she's just going on and on and on. 

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:46 am

Saying Small Wonder sucked is like calling Paris Hilton a "loose woman".  Some stuff is just too obvious.  What I loved most about that show was when it was obvious Vicky was no longer in robot-mode, and she'd start talking normally and you'd see everyone kinda looking around like "WTF?" and she's just going on and on and on. 
true. when i say "sucks" i mean "unholy demonic spawn clearly wrought by satan." which might explain her religious conversion. although from your description i kinda wanna see an episode now. that sounds hilarious.

i have something like small wonder on my netflix queue because i want to see a particular episode where one of the beegees is a guest star. maybe i should see if it's small wonder and if it is, bump it.

hey! what about that runt from silver spoons? i wonder what rehab clinic he's in.

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:49 am

me bee. it's "punky brewster" on my queue.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:50 am

true. when i say "sucks" i mean "unholy demonic spawn clearly wrought by satan." which might explain her religious conversion. although from your description i kinda wanna see an episode now. that sounds hilarious.

i have something like small wonder on my netflix queue because i want to see a particular episode where one of the beegees is a guest star. maybe i should see if it's small wonder and if it is, bump it.

hey! what about that runt from silver spoons? i wonder what rehab clinic he's in.

Rick Schroeder?  He hasn't been in rehab from what I know, although he is a Mormon convert.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:51 am

Punky Brewster is still awesome!  She was fly, yo.  Had those multi-colored bandannas tied to her legs and everything.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 11:53 am

"Punky Brewster" was Shakespeare compared to "Small Wonder"!

Oh, and "Celebrity Heaven" is a celebrity obits board, not a celebrity troublemakers board.  I didn't read the intro. Me bee...
:P

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/07 at 11:54 am

Saying Small Wonder sucked is like calling Paris Hilton a "loose woman". 

Hey Paris declared that she was gonna be celibate for a year.  She's no longer a loose woman.

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:55 am

Rick Schroeder?  He hasn't been in rehab from what I know, although he is a Mormon convert.
looks like maybe religious conversion or drug-addled crime spree are your only two options as ex-child star. ever notice how often The Great One is seen wearing huge-ass crosses around her neck?

ima bump punky. a beegee on punky brewster sounds like it could be a golden moment in television.

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:56 am

Hey Paris declared that she was gonna be celibate for a year.  She's no longer a loose woman.
oo, paris is trying to revirginate.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:56 am

Please.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 11:56 am

Rick Schroeder's acting career as an adult saw some big success.  Major role on NYPD Blue.  Not too shabby!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 11:58 am

I prefer him on 24, actually.  Although I didn't mind him on NYPD Blue.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/07 at 11:59 am

Please.

oo, paris is trying to revirginate.

Hey now that Paris has turned a new leaf, I'd party with her...  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 12:00 pm

I don't think Paris knows what the word "celibate" means.  She could look it up in the dictionary...if she knew how to look words up in the dictionary!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tongue3.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/01/07 at 12:02 pm

Please.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/07 at 12:14 pm

Please.

Well of course I would say "please".  ;)

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 1:40 pm

???

"hey paris, has anyone ever told you how sexy it is that you took a vow of celibacy? wanna say you and me go celebrate?"

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/01/07 at 2:53 pm

"So, Ms. Hilton, the papers say you're celibate?"
"Ya!  Now go 'way!  'batin!"

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/07 at 4:07 pm

I must be in tne minority.  I really liked Small Wonder, and when it comes to DVD, i'll be gettin' it.  You know what it was?  I had the hots for that chick who played the mom.  She was gorgeous

Written By: Marian on 04/01/07 at 5:17 pm

Remember cute li'l Andy Keaton from "Family Ties"? 

He probably ties her up too!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070331/ap_en_ce/people_bonsall
I can't believe he's 25!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/07 at 8:12 pm

I must be in tne minority.  I really liked Small Wonder, and when it comes to DVD, i'll be gettin' it.  You know what it was?  I had the hots for that chick who played the mom.  She was gorgeous

The girl who played the Small Wonder is pretty hot nowadays too.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/07 at 8:29 pm

I loved that show!

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 8:31 pm

The girl who played the Small Wonder is pretty hot nowadays too.  ;)
i went looking for contemporary pictures of her but all i could find was those pictures from back in the day that make me feel gross and horrible.

http://wat.midco.net/jvipond/images/TiffBrissette.gif

*grasps for my crucifix*

Written By: spaceace on 04/01/07 at 10:07 pm

I used to watch Small Wonder,  the kid who played her brother was annoying. (He was annoying on other things too if I recall.)  Punky Brewster is awesome.  As for Brian, the cuter than were-the harder they fall.

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 8:35 am

http://csce.unl.edu/~jbergman/pictures/berg-mugshot.jpg

http://www.zulkey.com/diary_archive_080504.html

"  August 5, 2004
permanent link

Today is the day to eat a fabulous new soup.

Buy my book!

It seems, lately, that more and more and more celebrities are getting arrested, with their mug shots splashed all over the papers. Celebrities getting arrested? What is this, End Times? There are plenty more that you haven't even seen, though. I only had time to find five, though.
David Hasselhoff, for impersonating an officer. Stay off drugs, or your eyes will end up like that, too.

This is the kid from "Small Wonder." Not doing so well now that he doesn't have a robot sister to help him out. Arrested for extortion."

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/02/07 at 9:49 am

This must be a slow news day.  ::)

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 11:43 am

hey! paris hilton getting her car confiscated, that's important stuff! why do you hate america? :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 10:58 am

oo! it's pinky tuscadero all over again.

Okay Tia I need more details. I'm familiar with Pinky cuz she was almost as cool as her sis Leather but what's the reference here about?

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:23 am

Okay Tia I need more details. I'm familiar with Pinky cuz she was almost as cool as her sis Leather but what's the reference here about?
the actress who played her had notorious anger management issues. she got into trouble with the law once for blowing out her boyfriend's car windows with a shotgun or something.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 11:37 am

the actress who played her had notorious anger management issues. she got into trouble with the law once for blowing out her boyfriend's car windows with a shotgun or something.

ah so she was type cast as Pinky... got it

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:40 am

okay, i got the facts sorta right.

"On November 29 1999, she was arrested for firing a 12-gauge shotgun into the living room window of a neighbor's house after a car alarm woke her up; she also shot the neighbor's car and another car nearby. The neighbor was not home at the time. She pleaded no contest to the charge of firing into the house and was sentenced to three years' felony probation on October 20 2000. Roz Kelly was also ordered to receive psychiatric counseling and pay restitution as ordered by the probation department."

http://www.answers.com/topic/roz-kelly

you know, i'm not sure i blame her. that car alarm crap can be REALLY annoying.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 11:46 am

okay, i got the facts sorta right.

"On November 29 1999, she was arrested for firing a 12-gauge shotgun into the living room window of a neighbor's house after a car alarm woke her up; she also shot the neighbor's car and another car nearby. The neighbor was not home at the time. She pleaded no contest to the charge of firing into the house and was sentenced to three years' felony probation on October 20 2000. Roz Kelly was also ordered to receive psychiatric counseling and pay restitution as ordered by the probation department."

http://www.answers.com/topic/roz-kelly

you know, i'm not sure i blame her. that car alarm crap can be REALLY annoying.

I'm  seeing the latest Grand Theft Auto: The Pinky Tuscadero Edition

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:52 am

I'm  seeing the latest Grand Theft Auto: The Pinky Tuscadero Edition
i like it! there's not nearly enough people in the world named "pinky," much like there aren't enough people named "tia." those are extra-girly names.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 12:12 pm

i like it! there's not nearly enough people in the world named "pinky," much like there aren't enough people named "tia." those are extra-girly names.

Tia Mowry... hey maybe she was named after Tia Malone

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 12:16 pm

tia carerre, i think that's her name -- b movie star extraordinaire. she was in "porky's."

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 12:19 pm

tia carerre, i think that's her name -- b movie star extraordinaire. she was in "porky's."

Oh yeah she was in General Hosptial for about a minute in the 80s

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 12:37 pm

cool!

http://tiafactor.com/artpage1a.html

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/07 at 12:45 pm

scandalously, she's the first result you get when you google "tia" that isn't an acronym. but it takes to page 2 to get there, cuz there's a lot of acronyms. toy industry association, anyone?

Yeah it is, Transient Ischemic Attack.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=15553

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 1:05 pm

scandalously, she's the first result you get when you google "tia" that isn't an acronym. but it takes to page 2 to get there, cuz there's a lot of acronyms. toy industry association, anyone?

just the fact you googled "tia"  plus that Assault on Precinct 13 clip I just watched makes you my hero

Written By: Marian on 04/07/07 at 1:54 pm

ah so she was type cast as Pinky... got it
LOL :D

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 2:55 pm

just the fact you googled "tia"  plus that Assault on Precinct 13 clip I just watched makes you my hero

i LOVE that scene. i remember when i watched that movie i had no idea what would happen and i was totally traumatized, i cried for hours. now i just think it's hilarious. that'll learn ya to just shut the eff up and eat your plain vanilla, ya brat!

i was always like, omg, that must have been so awful, to play that scene as a little child. but she says it was the most fun she ever had. :D

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 2:55 pm

Yeah it is, Transient Ischemic Attack.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=15553
it's like a little stroke, yeah?

the best is still (t)otal (i)nformation (a)wareness, of course. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...