inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John O'Hurley, new host of The Price is Right?

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/07 at 2:46 am

John O'Hurley, best known as J. Peterman on Seinfeld is apparently in talks to be the replacement host for Bob Barker on the long running CBS Game Show 'The Price is Right'.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/04/17/john-ohurley-might-be-the-new-host-of-the-price-is-right/

It's weird that this came out, cause when Bob announced his retirement, one of the first names that came to my mind as a replacement was O'Hurley.  I loved him as host on 'To Tell the Truth' and he does a great job on 'Family Feud'

Subject: Re: John O'Hurley, new host of The Price is Right?

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/07 at 4:37 am

My vote would go to him.  Brilliant choice.

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 10:24 am

This is the first I've heard of this. He seems like a cool guy..... at first I wondered if the show was gonna go off the air when Bob retired. We shall see what happens.

So is he gonna host both Family Feud and TPIR then?

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/07 at 1:03 pm

So is he gonna host both Family Feud and TPIR then?

That is what I am wondering also.  He probaly could.  Some hosts can juggle all sorts of shows.  In the 80s, Dick Clark hosted 3 shows at once ('Pyramid', 'Bandstand' and 'Bloopers')

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 2:34 pm

That is what I am wondering also.  He probaly could.  Some hosts can juggle all sorts of shows.  In the 80s, Dick Clark hosted 3 shows at once ('Pyramid', 'Bandstand' and 'Bloopers')

But they weren't all game shows.

Yes, I remember Bert Convy hosting a number of game shows during the 1980's, but I don't know that he did all of them at the same time.

John O has talent, so...who knows? I liked him on the early 00's revival of "To Tell The Truth".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/07 at 2:35 pm

seems like a logical choice. ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/19/07 at 2:36 pm

Well, anybody's gotta be better than Bob Barker!  :P

Written By: tv on 04/19/07 at 7:37 pm

I would like to see Mario Lopez get the job. He used to play the character "A.C. Slater" in the Saturday Morning Show "Saved By The Bell".

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/07 at 7:46 pm

I would like to see Mario Lopez get the job. He used to play the character "A.C. Slater" in the Saturday Morning Show "Saved By The Bell".

He hasn't really had alot of experience as a host, apart from that Daytime Talk show he had with Dick Clark and Danny Bonaduce

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 10:27 pm

He hosted the Animal Planet series "Pet Star", 2003-04. I think he did a good job with that; he'd make a great game show emcee. He seems like a friendly guy.

He hasn't really had alot of experience as a host, apart from that Daytime Talk show he had with Dick Clark and Danny Bonaduce

That was called "The Other Half".

Written By: KKay on 04/19/07 at 11:47 pm

I think he'd be great. I'd actually tune in!

Written By: rich1981 on 04/20/07 at 12:55 pm

He'd be alright, but he's no Bob Barker.

Written By: nally on 04/21/07 at 1:30 am

Yeah, he does have a much different kind of personality. (But again, everyone does.)

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/07 at 2:38 am

It would be just like with Johnny Carson.  People were sad when he retired, but they welcomed Jay Leno, and look what he became :) 

Written By: nally on 04/21/07 at 2:47 am

It would be just like with Johnny Carson.  People were sad when he retired, but they welcomed Jay Leno, and look what he became :) 

Likewise, a year later, Conan O'Brien succeeded Dave Letterman as host of "Late Night" and has been on the air ever since. O0 (DL, of course, continued to host late night talk, on CBS.)

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/07 at 2:50 am

Likewise, a year later, Conan O'Brien succeeded Dave Letterman as host of "Late Night" and has been on the air ever since. O0 (DL, of course, continued to host late night talk, on CBS.)

Yep, but you know, there is sadly still some people out there who don't really know who Conan is (especially the Queen, who often calls him Combat O'Bunyon, Conrad O'Buntcake, Cookbook O'Banton and Cobalt O'Bratwurst LOL).  In 2009, when he suceeds Jay Leno, he will be the new Late Night leader!

Written By: nally on 04/21/07 at 2:52 am

Yep, but you know, there is sadly still some people out there who don't really know who Conan is (especially the Queen, who often calls him Combat O'Bunyon, Conrad O'Buntcake, Cookbook O'Banton and Cobalt O'Bratwurst LOL).  In 2009, when he suceeds Jay Leno, he will be the new Late Night leader!

Wait a sec...when he succeeds Jay Leno, he'll be the new Tonight Show leader. Late Night will be hosted by a mystery person. ???

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/07 at 2:56 am

Wait a sec...when he succeeds Jay Leno, he'll be the new Tonight Show leader. Late Night will be hosted by a mystery person. ???

Late Night as in the Late Night block (11:35-1:05) lol
In 2009, Conan is going to replace Leno as host of 'The Tonight Show'.  There is no word yet on who will get the 12:35 slot, but I do hope it will be Carson Daly

Written By: nally on 04/21/07 at 2:57 am

Late Night as in the Late Night block (11:35-1:05) lol
In 2009, Conan is going to replace Leno as host of 'The Tonight Show'.  There is no word yet on who will get the 12:35 slot, but I do hope it will be Carson Daly

Yes....Carson Daly currently hosts "Last Call", which is on right after Conan's "Late Night"...heaven knows what'll happen in two years with that.

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/30/07 at 10:29 pm

I personally do NOT want to see Conan hosting the Tonight Show. He's such a jack@$$ on Late Night that letting him take the reins could easily destroy the show, NTM the legacy Johnny left and Jay will hand down. Frankly, I think Carson Daly or Craig Ferguson would be a better replacement. Of course it's also sad that we'd most likely lose John & Kevin when Jay steps down, and Joel is a crappy announcer. The only person Late Night person I'd want to see on the Tonight Show stage is probably Max! Your thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: tv on 05/01/07 at 3:23 pm

I personally do NOT want to see Conan hosting the Tonight Show. He's such a jack@$$ on Late Night that letting him take the reins could easily destroy the show, NTM the legacy Johnny left and Jay will hand down. Frankly, I think Carson Daly or Craig Ferguson would be a better replacement. Of course it's also sad that we'd most likely lose John & Kevin when Jay steps down, and Joel is a crappy announcer. The only person Late Night person I'd want to see on the Tonight Show stage is probably Max! Your thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

I like Conan myself but I don;t know about putting him on the "Tonight Show" spot. What you want Max Weinberg from the band(Max Weinberg Seven") that Conan has on his show. I don't know about that either because I don;t think he's ever done comedy.

Carson Daly is not funnier than Conan altough it would be good to see Carson get the spot that Conan holds now on the "Late Night" spot once Conan leaves to go the Tonight Show spot in 2009.

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/07 at 3:44 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

NBC didn't want to lose Conan, so they thought he would be the best choice to replace Jay.  I think they made a good choice, but taking over Johnny and Jay's legendary legacy will be tough.  I don't really care much for Joel though.  I'd like to see John Melendez stay as Tonight Show announcer

Check for new replies or respond here...