inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sweet escape

Written By: kairi747 on 04/19/07 at 11:16 am

my kids like the song "sweet escape" by gwen stefani.  on itunes it is flagged as having explicit lyrics.  i've checked several lyrics sites and i can't find any explicit lyrics.  does anyone have this cd or has anyone downloaded it who can help me out?  thanks.

Subject: Re: sweet escape

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 11:18 am

I've heard it on the radio several times and don't find any naughty words in it. Maybe that's cause the radio edits them out, if there are any.

Written By: Brian06 on 04/19/07 at 2:01 pm

There's no explicit lyrics in that song, it is marked explicit on itunes because the album that song is on is an explicit album (therefore all songs on that album are given the explicit tag even the ones that don't have explicit lyrics), this song is not one of the songs on it that have explicit lyrics if that makes any sense.

Written By: nally on 04/19/07 at 2:23 pm

I didn't think it had any explicit lyrics.

It's still a cool song IMO.

Written By: kairi747 on 04/19/07 at 2:44 pm

There's no explicit lyrics in that song, it is marked explicit on itunes because the album that song is on is an explicit album (therefore all songs on that album are given the explicit tag even the ones that don't have explicit lyrics), this song is not one of the songs on it that have explicit lyrics if that makes any sense.

Thank You!   :)

Written By: kairi747 on 04/19/07 at 2:47 pm

Well, now there is a "clean" version available on itunes.  that wasn't there the last time i checked.  interesting...  :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/07 at 3:19 pm

This is a really fun song, and it's now become her 2nd #1 here in Canada :)

Written By: nally on 04/25/07 at 3:40 pm

This is a really fun song, and it's now become her 2nd #1 here in Canada :)

Agreed!! I was hoping it could become #1 here in the States...but some hiphop song is probably keeping it from there ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/07 at 4:20 pm

Agreed!! I was hoping it could become #1 here in the States...but some hiphop song is probably keeping it from there ::)

According to wikipedia, it's already been to #1 in the US :)

Written By: nally on 04/25/07 at 4:24 pm

According to wikipedia, it's already been to #1 in the US :)

It has?

I was just on Wikepedia yesterday, and it said that "The Sweet Escape" has peaked at #2 in the US. I could be wrong though.

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/07 at 4:44 pm

It has?

I was just on Wikepedia yesterday, and it said that "The Sweet Escape" has peaked at #2 in the US. I could be wrong though.

You are right.  It was #2.  I was looking under the United World Chart by mistake lol

Written By: nally on 04/25/07 at 10:58 pm

You are right.  It was #2.  I was looking under the United World Chart by mistake lol

Yep...there's lotsa charts floatin' around...

Check for new replies or respond here...