inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alec Baldwin

Written By: lterhune on 04/20/07 at 9:13 pm

I made this audio to help us all feel better about Alec Baldwin's rage message to his daughter....

http://www.mentaljokes.com/alec_baldwin_daughter_daddyslilgirl.wav

Subject: Re: Alec Baldwin

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/20/07 at 9:19 pm

But...why would I care about Alec Baldwin?  He's just some movie star.  It's not like he's running for public office or something.  I don't understand the obsession with Hollywood "liberals."  I don't know any "liberals" that make up their minds about anything based on what the Baldwins, Streisand, Oliver Stone, Susan Saranwrap, or Tim Robbins says!
??? ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/07 at 9:39 pm

But...why would I care about Alec Baldwin?  He's just some movie star.  It's not like he's running for public office or something.  I don't understand the obsession with Hollywood "liberals."  I don't know any "liberals" that make up their minds about anything based on what the Baldwins, Streisand, Oliver Stone, Susan Saranwrap, or Tim Robbins says!
??? ::)

If Alec Baldwin says jump, you say "How High?"
If Daniel Baldwin says jump, you say "Who the hell is Daniel Baldwin" :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/20/07 at 9:39 pm

I made this audio to help us all feel better about Alec Baldwin's rage message to his daughter....

http://www.mentaljokes.com/alec_baldwin_daughter_daddyslilgirl.wav

that guy needs his arse kicked so hard....I mean, what the heck could a 11 or 12 year old CHILD have done to have deserved that kind of treatment. That man is disgusting.

Written By: lterhune on 04/20/07 at 9:41 pm

that guy needs his arse kicked so hard....I mean, what the heck could a 11 or 12 year old CHILD have done to have deserved that kind of treatment. That man is disgusting.

I agree. But there are other angry tapes w/him doing that, (not to a child). I think that's what egocentrics do when they get irritated.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/20/07 at 10:10 pm

Rigtht now I'm sitting at a terminal with no soundcard, so...
:-\\

Written By: lterhune on 04/20/07 at 10:23 pm

Rigtht now I'm sitting at a terminal with no soundcard, so...
:-\\

Okay, that explains it a bit. I recorded dean martin's "daddy's little girl" & made it a way. Then a made the volume low and mixed it with the wav of alec baldwin yelling at his 11-year-old child, (all over the news tonight) and so you can hear him yelling at her w/daddy's little girl playing in the background..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/20/07 at 10:33 pm

Okay, that explains it a bit. I recorded dean martin's "daddy's little girl" & made it a way. Then a made the volume low and mixed it with the wav of alec baldwin yelling at his 11-year-old child, (all over the news tonight) and so you can hear him yelling at her w/daddy's little girl playing in the background..

What's your  motivation for posting this thing?  What does it tell us, other than Alec Baldwin's a dick?  If that's all you want to show, why post it on the politics board?
???

Written By: lterhune on 04/20/07 at 11:19 pm

What's your  motivation for posting this thing?  What does it tell us, other than Alec Baldwin's a dick?  If that's all you want to show, why post it on the politics board?
???

It was more a current evet ... I have seen many posts in here for the main purpose of telling us someone is a dick. For example, there was a post that had links to two of the most immature videos I have seen in a long time. They bashed bush - and I think the post didn't have any substance other than to show how idiotic people are and to (again) bash bush. I don't remember seeing you question the motivation of starting a thread to bash bush, say he's a dick... no, I just checked & you didn't say a word.

What is your motivation here for your last two posts?

As far as poltical, sorry, I just do not know how to find catagories and thought this was a general one. I haven't been here as long as you.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/07 at 12:01 am

It was more a current evet ... I have seen many posts in here for the main purpose of telling us someone is a dick. For example, there was a post that had links to two of the most immature videos I have seen in a long time. They bashed bush - and I think the post didn't have any substance other than to show how idiotic people are and to (again) bash bush. I don't remember seeing you question the motivation of starting a thread to bash bush, say he's a dick... no, I just checked & you didn't say a word.

What is your motivation here for your last two posts?

As far as poltical, sorry, I just do not know how to find catagories and thought this was a general one. I haven't been here as long as you.

::)

Written By: lterhune on 04/21/07 at 12:44 pm

::)

awe, what a shame. I tied Alec Baldwin in the poltical way you were so concerned with and someone took that paragraph out.... It's okay with liberal posts bashig and trashing the right, but apparently, it doesn't work the other way around.. I guess that's the norm & what makes liberals feel so good.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/07 at 1:11 pm

awe, what a shame. I tied Alec Baldwin in the poltical way you were so concerned with and someone took that paragraph out.... It's okay with liberal posts bashig and trashing the right, but apparently, it doesn't work the other way around.. I guess that's the norm & what makes liberals feel so good.

I think you are operating under misconceptions here, but since this thread is no longer in the politics section, I shouldn't pursue this.

Written By: Marian on 04/22/07 at 3:43 pm

???
i think it does show he's a dick.if he suppected Kim bassenger was transmitting this tape,or whatever you call it,why did he go on a rage like that?To test her?

Written By: lterhune on 04/23/07 at 8:38 pm

i think it does show he's a dick.if he suppected Kim bassenger was transmitting this tape,or whatever you call it,why did he go on a rage like that?To test her?

It DOES! This is not the first time he has flown off his rocker in a rage; just the first time he did it to an 11-year-old child. I already thought he was an idiot who didn't know what he was saying most of the time, and this confirms it! 

Written By: limblifter on 04/24/07 at 9:26 am

Let's not forget that he tried to put the moves on poor Canteen Boy.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4522/cantineboy1gu3.jpg

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/24/07 at 2:55 pm

He's an animal!

Written By: spaceace on 04/24/07 at 3:50 pm

Poor Kim, was she wasted when she married him?  I wonder if Ireland has ever been asked who she feels safer with?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/24/07 at 8:19 pm

His acting like a total assh0le to his 11 year old daughter has nothing to do with his politics.....whether he was a repub or dem, he'd still be a poor excuse for a father.....

Written By: lterhune on 04/25/07 at 9:40 pm

His acting like a total assh0le to his 11 year old daughter has nothing to do with his politics.....whether he was a repub or dem, he'd still be a poor excuse for a father.....

I didn't tie his party affiliation in this until I was told that I needed to in order to post this topic here... (see previous posts). I agree with you, and that's was my intent - when I posted first, I didn't mention his being a dem.... soooooo, okay?

Written By: spaceace on 04/26/07 at 10:29 am

I didn't tie his party affiliation in this until I was told that I needed to in order to post this topic here... (see previous posts). I agree with you, and that's was my intent - when I posted first, I didn't mention his being a dem.... soooooo, okay?

No you basically wanted to say he's a twit.  Be he publican or demmicrat!!! ;)

Written By: tv on 04/27/07 at 1:33 pm

In my opinion with the whole Alec Baldwin what he did in leaving a crude sounding voice mail message on his daughters cell phone I think was wrong but the tape of the voicemail should have never been reased to the media like that.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/27/07 at 4:25 pm

He was on "The View" today, and the whole interview just left a bad taste in my mouth.  He went on and on and on about "Parental Alienation" but didn't really address the actual voicemail.  He did apologize, and he said he apologized to his daughter...and that he had never spoken to her that way before (which I have a hard time believing.)  I don't know.  It's hard to sympathize with him, so I don't know what he could have said to make it better.  It just seemed like he was more focused on himself than he was on his daughter.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/27/07 at 5:36 pm

Let's put it this way.  What if Bing Crosby's kids had lipstick cams? 
See, Crosby had a decades-long rep as a crooning charmer and an all-American golden boy. 
Then after the old son-of-a-bing bought the farm, the press went a tear of marshmallow eulogising of the guy.
So his kids finally had enough and spoke up.  They said in a nutshell, "You know, the old pr!ck used to come home, get drunk, and beat living daylights out of us.  Just thought you should know that."
>:(

In the past you heard plenty of celebrity gossip about what a nasty guy Johnny Moviestar was at home, but you didn't get to see footage of him being such, and that made all the difference.  There's debate to this day about whether or not "Mommie Dearest" was fair to Joan Crawford.

Written By: lterhune on 04/27/07 at 7:33 pm

No you basically wanted to say he's a twit.  Be he publican or demmicrat!!! ;)

This is true!  :)

Written By: tokjct on 04/28/07 at 12:55 am

I find it very interesting that no one comments about the responsibility of the man's daughter in provoking this kind of behavior in her father. 

I've got two daughters who grew up in my home and they were great kids and I believe they had reasonably happy childhoods.  I also had a multitude of opportunities to observe the relationships that my daughters' friends had with their parents.  I know exactly how mean and spiteful some of these kids can be.  And don't for a minute think that they don't know what they're doing.  Eleven year-olds (and younger) can sometimes be vicious toward a parent who gets them angry, for good reason or not for good reason.  Believe me, most of these kids today are pretty sharp and some of them become experts at driving their parent right up the old wall. 

The unfortunate elements in this not uncommon familial situation are, first, that Baldwin was a fool for leaving this type of message on an answering machine, and second, it should never have been made public.

The environment in which that these kids, from show-business families, have to grow up can be so stressful...and of course the same goes for the parents.  I believe it is very difficult for we "non-celebrity" type people to sit in judgement.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/28/07 at 7:06 am

I find it very interesting that no one comments about the responsibility of the man's daughter in provoking this kind of behavior in her father. 

I've got two daughters who grew up in my home and they were great kids and I believe they had reasonably happy childhoods.  I also had a multitude of opportunities to observe the relationships that my daughters' friends had with their parents.   I know exactly how mean and spiteful some of these kids can be.  And don't for a minute think that they don't know what they're doing.  Eleven year-olds (and younger) can sometimes be vicious toward a parent who gets them angry, for good reason or not for good reason.  Believe me, most of these kids today are pretty sharp and some of them become experts at driving their parent right up the old wall. 

The unfortunate elements in this not uncommon familial situation are, first, that Baldwin was a fool for leaving this type of message on an answering machine, and second, it should never have been made public.

The environment in which that these kids, from show-business families, have to grow up can be so stressful...and of course the same goes for the parents.  I believe it is very difficult for we "non-celebrity" type people to sit in judgement.

You gotta be kidding?  Yeah eleven and twelve year olds can be mean and spiteful, and they are wrong, but it is up to the parent to act like an adult, not a mean spiteful eleven year old. You imply that the child is deserving of, or responsible for, the kind of verbal abuse on this tape.  No way.  Just because we are "non-celebrities" doesn't mean we do not face the same issues, and more, than celebrities.   I gotta say, I was a button pushing kid, and never in my wildest imagination, at the age of 56, can I imagine my parents ever even consider of speaking me in that way. I believe never, in their imaginations, could they have considered it.  All my parents of button pushing kids(from the ages of 10 to 30 something) can never conceive of it.

Written By: lterhune on 04/28/07 at 3:35 pm

My gad, she's 11 & he is a very much older grown man - there is no excuse for his words no matter what role she had, period! He went on for over two min., called her a pig twice - provoking huh? 11, a 5th grade child... no excuse!

Written By: Marian on 04/28/07 at 3:38 pm

You gotta be kidding?  Yeah eleven and twelve year olds can be mean and spiteful, and they are wrong, but it is up to the parent to act like an adult, not a mean spiteful eleven year old. You imply that the child is deserving of, or responsible for, the kind of verbal abuse on this tape.  No way.  Just because we are "non-celebrities" doesn't mean we do not face the same issues, and more, than celebrities.   I gotta say, I was a button pushing kid, and never in my wildest imagination, at the age of 56, can I imagine my parents ever even consider of speaking me in that way. I believe never, in their imaginations, could they have considered it.  All my parents of button pushing kids(from the ages of 10 to 30 something) can never conceive of it.

I agree.Any parent who resorts to immature behavior masquerading as discipline needs to take parenting classes.

Written By: tokjct on 04/28/07 at 4:37 pm

So...all you judges of parental maturity...just ignore the child's provocations...Just expect the father to bite the bullet and in a carefully controlled and mature manner, gently reprimand the child and, of course, finish with a sweet "Don't do it again, sweetheart!"  I really hope all you nay-sayers who won't accept the possibility that this kid could be a "classic" BRAT and has been hitting her parents hot-buttons ever since she was able to put a sentence together.  BTW Did Baldwin use any profanity?  Well, perhaps all you self-righteous nay-sayers never had a chance to observe a child who was a BRAT!

I refuse to sit in judgement on Baldwin's comments to his daughter...and I'm certain that nobody here knows the complexities of the relationship between Baldwin and his daughter. and, despite the fact that he is a celebrity, his private life should be none of our business!

Written By: Marian on 04/28/07 at 4:41 pm

So...all you judges of parental maturity...just ignore the child's provocations...Just expect the father to bite the bullet and in a carefully controlled and mature manner, gently reprimand the child and, of course, finish with a sweet "Don't do it again, sweetheart!"   I really hope all you nay-sayers who won't accept the possibility that this kid could be a "classic" BRAT and has been hitting her parents hot-buttons ever since she was able to put a sentence together.  BTW Did Baldwin use any profanity?  Well, perhaps all you self-righteous nay-sayers never had a chance to observe a child who was a BRAT!

I refuse to sit in judgement on Baldwin's comments to his daughter...and I'm certain that nobody here knows the complexities of the relationship between Baldwin and his daughter. and, despite the fact that he is a celebrity, his private life should be none of our business!
Sure,there IS a possibility the child is a brat.But does the parent have to act like one?he's the parent,not one of her school buddies!And yes,I have observed children that are brats.He took a chance knowing the call could be recorded.Not very brilliant in  my book!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/07 at 5:35 pm

I see where TOKJCT is coming from, but I just cannot condone a parent speaking that way to his or her child.  I don't care how infuriated the parent feels.  Come to think of it, I believe it is always counterproductive even an adult to call another adult a "thoughtless pig," but it is not as detrimental to the other's well being as it with a parent to a child.

I grew up in an extremely dysfunctional household.  My dad used to wig out and scream like hellfire at us and call us all sorts of nasty names...and we never quite new when it was going to happen.  It hung over our lives like a black cloud constantly.  On a scale of 1 to 10 of nasty names our dad would call us, "thoughtless pig" would rank about a 5.  It isn't the same as getting thrashed with a belt, but it's no better.  That kind verbal/psycholgical abuse bruises you on the inside, and those bruises don't heal.  I don't think it is ever O.K. for parents to beat on their kids with belts or words.  It happens every day all over the world in all social strata, and I'm sorry it does.

If this kid "provoked" her father to explode at her, maybe it's because it's better than nothing.  Perhaps her parents pass the buck to nannies and boarding schools.  This is often the case with angry rich kids.  Material wealth cannot substitute for parental love.  In the absence of of loving attentiveness, rage can fill the void.  It's not love, but it's something.
Anway, this is all conjecture.

Alec shouldn't be surprised when the kid is hooked on heroin and crashing her car into telephone poles a few years down the road.  I wonder if he's an unrecovered alcoholic.  Might be.

I didn't buy Baldwin's chin music about how sorry he is and how much he "learned" either.

"You didn't learn anything, Cartman!  Not a g*ddam thing!"
--Stan Marsh

Written By: lterhune on 04/28/07 at 7:10 pm

So...all you judges of parental maturity...just ignore the child's provocations...Just expect the father to bite the bullet and in a carefully controlled and mature manner, gently reprimand the child

em, yeah!  ::)

Written By: lterhune on 04/28/07 at 7:12 pm

Sure,there IS a possibility the child is a brat.But does the parent have to act like one?he's the parent,not one of her school buddies!

exactly!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/07 at 7:18 am

I hope that all of this stress from the voice mail thingie does not aggravate Alec's heart condition.  :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 04/29/07 at 9:01 am

So...all you judges of parental maturity...just ignore the child's provocations...Just expect the father to bite the bullet and in a carefully controlled and mature manner, gently reprimand the child and, of course, finish with a sweet "Don't do it again, sweetheart!"   I really hope all you nay-sayers who won't accept the possibility that this kid could be a "classic" BRAT and has been hitting her parents hot-buttons ever since she was able to put a sentence together.  BTW Did Baldwin use any profanity?  Well, perhaps all you self-righteous nay-sayers never had a chance to observe a child who was a BRAT!

There is a middle ground between Alec calling his daughter a pig and a gentle reprimand.  It is called being a responsible adult.  What is lost in all this is that he complained about having to make an effort to get to a phone(what? he had to drive around looking for a public phone booth), and, he didn't know the reason why she didn't answer.  If my child doesn't answer the phone a 100 times, on the 101st time I am still going to be worried sick as to why. 

Written By: limblifter on 04/29/07 at 11:03 am

I don't think anyone can excuse him for calling his daughter a pig. But why is everyone acting like he is the second coming of Hitler?

I can remember my mother saying things to me that were just as bad, if not worse than what he said to his daughter. Does that mean that my mother should have lost custody of me? Of course not. People are talking about boycotting him. Were talking about a person losing their career because they had a moment where they lost their head, and we don't even know the full story.

This sort of thing happens everyday. Doesn't make it right. But it certainly doesn't make him a "bad father". Are we going to start taking kids away from their parents, or firing them from their jobs everytime this happens?

Written By: danootaandme on 04/29/07 at 12:21 pm

y.

This sort of thing happens everyday. Doesn't make it right. But it certainly doesn't make him a "bad father". Are we going to start taking kids away from their parents, or firing them from their jobs everytime this happens?

I haven't heard anyone hear say she should be taken away from him, well, she isn't with him in the first place.  While you may think this kind of behaviour doesn't make him a "bad father" it certainly doesn't make him a good one.

Written By: limblifter on 04/29/07 at 12:47 pm

I haven't heard anyone hear say she should be taken away from him, well, she isn't with him in the first place.  While you may think this kind of behaviour doesn't make him a "bad father" it certainly doesn't make him a good one.

Didn't they take away his visitation rights? And no, this behaviour doesn't make him a good or bad father. He's just a father. And these things happen. Just like Kim Bassinger isn't a bad mother for violating the terms of their custody agreement.

Written By: tokjct on 04/29/07 at 2:22 pm

"...this behaviour doesn't make him a good or bad father. He's just a father. And these things happen..."

I agree with all your comments, limblifter.  peace...Lee (tokjct)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/07 at 6:39 pm

I don't think anyone can excuse him for calling his daughter a pig. But why is everyone acting like he is the second coming of Hitler?

That was the opinion of him in certain circles before the calling-his-daughter-a-pig incident.  They don't like his politics.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/07 at 4:34 am

That was the opinion of him in certain circles before the calling-his-daughter-a-pig incident.  They don't like his politics.

They talked about it during group massages.  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/03/07 at 7:29 pm

I admit that I have yelled at my children, I think most parents will admit this but I have never called my children a PIG or even dumb or stupid and I have never said the word shut-up to them.

Words can do so much damage to a child.  Being called a pig is awful. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/04/07 at 1:26 am

I've got two daughters who grew up in my home and they were great kids and I believe they had reasonably happy childhoods.  I also had a multitude of opportunities to observe the relationships that my daughters' friends had with their parents.  I know exactly how mean and spiteful some of these kids can be.  And don't for a minute think that they don't know what they're doing.  Eleven year-olds (and younger) can sometimes be vicious toward a parent who gets them angry, for good reason or not for good reason.  Believe me, most of these kids today are pretty sharp and some of them become experts at driving their parent right up the old wall. 

I currently have an 11 year old and he knows how to push my buttons and I have a short fuse, but I have and WILL never speak to him the way AB did to his daughter.

So...all you judges of parental maturity...just ignore the child's provocations...Just expect the father to bite the bullet and in a carefully controlled and mature manner, gently reprimand the child and, of course, finish with a sweet "Don't do it again, sweetheart!"  I really hope all you nay-sayers who won't accept the possibility that this kid could be a "classic" BRAT and has been hitting her parents hot-buttons ever since she was able to put a sentence together.  BTW Did Baldwin use any profanity?  Well, perhaps all you self-righteous nay-sayers never had a chance to observe a child who was a BRAT!

ummm... yeah, he DID use profanity.  Like I said, I have an 11 year old and he can push my buttons, but there is a grey area between a "carefully controlled and mature manner" and calling his own daughter a pig.  Like lorac said, I, too, have yelled at my kids but I have never, nor would I ever, call them pigs or berate them the way he did.  Sorry, don't care if he's a celebrity or not, there are ways to deal with stress and lashing out at your kids, whether it be physical or verbal, is unexcusable.

Written By: Marian on 05/04/07 at 10:36 am

I currently have an 11 year old and he knows how to push my buttons and I have a short fuse, but I have and WILL never speak to him the way AB did to his daughter.
ummm... yeah, he DID use profanity.  Like I said, I have an 11 year old and he can push my buttons, but there is a grey area between a "carefully controlled and mature manner" and calling his own daughter a pig.  Like lorac said, I, too, have yelled at my kids but I have never, nor would I ever, call them pigs or berate them the way he did.  Sorry, don't care if he's a celebrity or not, there are ways to deal with stress and lashing out at your kids, whether it be physical or verbal, is unexcusable.
I agree.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/07 at 10:26 pm

I admit that I have yelled at my children,

I've made a note of that and you will be sentenced to mandatory counseling from the Bureau for the Protection and Advancement of Children's Self-Esteem!  I don't care if he did set the living room rug on fire, that's no excuse!  We...we cannot have this!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...