inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Written By: Henk on 05/01/07 at 12:30 am

I love this show, and I know some of you do too.

What I'd like to know is: who is/are you favorite(s) on the design team?
I'd have to go for Paul. He seems like the cool collected reliable sort of guy, and he's a great carpenter. I'd let him do my house anytime.

Also, do you have any favorite episodes?
Mine would be the Rogers family of North Pole, Alaska. Thirteen people in a "house" that wasn't even fit for one person to live in, especially not in Alaska! I've been crying my eyes out...

Subject: Re: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 05/01/07 at 8:09 am

I love this show, and I know some of you do too.

What I'd like to know is: who is/are you favorite(s) on the design team?
I'd have to go for Paul. He seems like the cool collected reliable sort of guy, and he's a great carpenter. I'd let him do my house anytime.

Also, do you have any favorite episodes?
Mine would be the Rogers family of North Pole, Alaska. Thirteen people in a "house" that wasn't even fit for one person to live in, especially not in Alaska! I've been crying my eyes out...

OK, I didn't even realise there were this many people ON the design team!  Wow! 

I like how the show helps people, but it's pretty formulaic each wk and can get boring...

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/01/07 at 12:44 pm

I have watched the show a few times but the only name I know is Ty's.

I need to go look it up on the web so I can put names to faces.

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/07 at 2:05 pm

I like Michael Moloney and Ty Pennington the best!

Fun facts - 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' had a cross-over episode of sorts with a sitcom.  Michael, Tracy and Paul all made appearances as themselves in a funny 2005 episode of the now cancelled 'Less Than Perfect'

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/01/07 at 11:19 pm

Ty and Michael. This show always makes me cry...it's very touching. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/02/07 at 5:48 am

,,,, but it's pretty formulaic each wk and can get boring...

If Ty showed up at my place with that annoying bull horn, ::) there would have to be one of those "off site visit" segments where Ty's proctologist gives him an "Extreme Makeover", removing a crumpled megaphone.  ;D

I know the show is well intended but it stikes me sometimes as shallow.  "Hey kids.  Your old man died in a fireball and yo mama left you for Michael Jackson.  How about a NEW HOUSE with a 33-nozzle jacuzzi to melt your problems away?"

Check for new replies or respond here...