inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: spiderman 3! spiderman 3! omg omg omg omgomgomg spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 8:37 am

i fudgeing refuse to see it. does anyone else feel the same way?

i'm sick of the trailers, i'm sick of seeing toby mcfkface and kirsten dunce on every talk show under the sun pimping it (as a matter of fact i'm sick of kirsten dunst period! michelle williams was supposed to become the big superstar, not kirsten dunst, wtf? she's cute but she's a mediocre actress). and okay? superhero goes evil and then goes back to being good? i believe i've seen that plot before somewhere? like, in every movie ever made?

god.

does anyone else feel the same way?

Subject: Re: spiderman 3! spiderman 3! omg omg omg omgomgomg spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Marian on 05/04/07 at 10:35 am

i fudging refuse to see it. does anyone else feel the same way?

i'm sick of the trailers, i'm sick of seeing toby mcfkface and kirsten dunce on every talk show under the sun pimping it (as a matter of fact i'm sick of kirsten dunst period! michelle williams was supposed to become the big superstar, not kirsten dunst, wtf? she's cute but she's a mediocre actress). and okay? superhero goes evil and then goes back to being good? i believe i've seen that plot before somewhere? like, in every movie ever made?

god.

"Kirsten Dunce"??You must have seen her back when she was on "celebrity jeopardy"!LOL ;) :D ;D

Subject: Re: spiderman 3! spiderman 3! omg omg omg omgomgomg spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 1:09 pm

"Kirsten Dunce"??You must have seen her back when she was on "celebrity jeopardy"!LOL ;) :D ;D
when i was typing that i was definitely thinking, man, i bet she heard THAT one a hundred trillion times in junior high.

by all accounts, the movie totally sucks except for one scene.

Subject: Re: spiderman 3! spiderman 3! omg omg omg omgomgomg spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/07 at 1:27 pm

It's spiderman. Shut your mouth Mike, you don't know what you're talking about.

Spiderman, Spiderman, creepy neighberhood spiderman.. rapeing kids.. with his web s**t, ties you up, takes you to bed and s**t.

Written By: Kyle700 on 05/04/07 at 1:29 pm

god.

Yeah, perhaps you have seen it somewhere before.....like the "Spider-Man" comic books......you know......what these movies are based on.........  ;D

It's Spider-Man for crying out loud.  The last movie was amazing, so of course people have waited 3 long years to see the next one! Sheesh.

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 1:32 pm

Yeah, perhaps you have seen it somewhere before.....like the "Spider-Man" comic books......you know......what these movies are based on.........  ;D

well, yeah, that comic book and every other comic book ever made.

remember the witch mountain when tia went all evil and whatnot? i love that one.

Subject: Re: spiderman 3! spiderman 3! omg omg omg omgomgomg spiderman 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/07 at 1:42 pm

I'm going to see it at the drive-in on Saturday night..I think it looks pretty good.

Written By: Rice in limbo on 05/04/07 at 2:22 pm

I am waiting for the DVD.  The movie has too much action and villains and random plot slammed into too little time.  They should've held out with Venom until Spider-Man 4.

At least Netflix should blunt some of the trauma to my wallet later on.

Written By: annonymouse on 05/04/07 at 3:14 pm

i yhink the series is pretty good for a super heroe series. still, i can't stand toby!

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 3:33 pm

all spiderman 3 apologists need to get out of my country! >:(

i actually liked the first two. but i'm just so... SICK... of seeing promos for spiderman 3 all over the place. grr!

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/07 at 4:28 pm

all spiderman 3 apologists need to get out of my country! >:(

i actually liked the first two. but i'm just so... SICK... of seeing promos for spiderman 3 all over the place. grr!

You could just do what I do and.. ya know.. not watch TV.

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 4:35 pm

You could just do what I do and.. ya know.. not watch TV.
i usually don't watch a lot of current t.v. (70s reruns are another story.) but i was trapped in a hotel room for a week and watched hours of t.v., thinking the whole time, this is so awful. why the hell am i watching it?

there were some bright spots, like i got to see suicide kings again -- kickass movie! also, school of rock -- which, jack black sorta irritates me in it but you have to love a movie that's full of SGs. there was some other stuff. but dag, did i ever see that damn spiderman 3 commercial a lot.

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/07 at 4:46 pm

I don't know if I will see this in theatres, but I will definately see it. 

I'd like to see Thomas Haden Church in a villainous role, cause I still will always see him as the moronic mechanic Lowell on 'Wings' ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/07 at 5:18 pm

i usually don't watch a lot of current t.v. (70s reruns are another story.) but i was trapped in a hotel room for a week and watched hours of t.v., thinking the whole time, this is so awful. why the hell am i watching it?

there were some bright spots, like i got to see suicide kings again -- kickass movie! also, school of rock -- which, jack black sorta irritates me in it but you have to love a movie that's full of SGs. there was some other stuff. but dag, did i ever see that damn spiderman 3 commercial a lot.

I actually bought school of rock from e-bay the other day.. on a whim.

Why were you in a hotel? I thought we agreed to go away together this year?

Written By: Tia on 05/04/07 at 5:34 pm

Why were you in a hotel? I thought we agreed to go away together this year?
my granddad's funeral, bro. i was in fort worth texas most of the week. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/04/07 at 7:32 pm

>:(  there's been a constant buzz about this movie at work today. There's not much about Kirsten or her character M.J. that I like, not being mean here, just find her a little boring, except when she gave Spiderman that upsidedown kiss in the first film, standing in the rain, in her wet revealing t-shirt. ok, I guess I am a fan of hers after all.  :)

Written By: La Roche on 05/04/07 at 8:06 pm

my granddad's funeral, bro. i was in fort worth texas most of the week. :(

For real?

Sorry about your Grandfather...  :(

Man.. you oughta tell me this stuff, I've been planning on a trip down to Dallas to see my main man Hollis and my cousin Ted, I would gone down this week.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/07 at 10:29 pm

god.

It's the most expensive movie ever made...and it's about a cheesy old comic book hero I lost interest in when I was eight!
Yawn!

In a few minutes I'm leaving for the "Friday Night Rewind" at midnight to see some real cinema, they're showing "The Blues Brothers"!!!  I'm psyched to see it on the big screen again!  I got to see it when it originally came out because my liberal parents didn't care if I went to R-rated movies. 
;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 12:01 am

I got to see it when it originally came out because my liberal parents didn't care if I went to R-rated movies. 

I can beat that.

As a youngster my old man would throw in The Blues Brothers so I grew up with a good taste of music and became a snappy dresser.. well.. not exactly, but he did pretty much it on a loop for me as it was the only thing I'd watch. Thus my budding lexicon contained numerous obscenities from a very young age.. all of which I was more than happy to share in a classroom environment.  ;D

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 05/05/07 at 1:38 am

:-X

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/05/07 at 2:45 am

I just saw it.

Thought it was the best action movie ever made. No real gore, blood, or arms choppied off. Saw it in a digital theatre where you can see every grain of sand in "Sand Man"

As for the good than bad, than good theme, that was a compression of what took place in the comic books from Amazing Spider man 252 to 260, and was true as one can get
to the comic book. Some parts with evil (somewhat) Peter Parker were actually funny, and the outfits were exactly dead on what he was wearing in the comics.

Great Cameo by Bruce Campbell of Evil Dead.
As for special fx, it blew way past Matrix, and 300, for clarity. Those super heroes seemed real, and the fight seens were well choreographed. 
Great finale, ... could have been two movies. It also Set up for Spiderman 4, with Kurt Connors, aka "Lizard" and the possible  return of Doc Ock, seen briefly in a newspaper on the wall.

Keep in mind I use to wear spiderman under-roos, and had Spiderman Bed sheets until 1987, so I may be biased.

I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

the Bruce C. cameo will make belle Du Jour happy as she's a fan of his.  biased or not, that's a good review tetratron

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/05/07 at 10:36 am

I am anxious to see it tonight....

hahahaa...I just reread Tia's title of this thread and it made me laugh....way too hard.  Sometimes overexuberance does that to me. :D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/07 at 12:43 pm

I can beat that.

As a youngster my old man would throw in The Blues Brothers so I grew up with a good taste of music and became a snappy dresser.. well.. not exactly, but he did pretty much it on a loop for me as it was the only thing I'd watch. Thus my budding lexicon contained numerous obscenities from a very young age.. all of which I was more than happy to share in a classroom environment.  ;D

I loved movies with lots of explosions and car chases at that age, so BB was perfect. 
I didn't come to appreciate the performances by James Brown, John Lee Hooker, Aretha Franklin, Cab Calloway, Matt 'Guitar' Murphy, and Ray Charles until I was a bit older.  A quarter century later these R&B greats are dying off, so BB is also an important document preserving some great performances in the genre. 

Of course, one of my favorite seens is still the Chez Paul ("Heh heh, how much for the little girl?, I want to buy your women, sell them to me!"), including an early cameo by Paul Reubens, who would achieve superstardom a few years later as Pee-Wee Herman!

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 4:43 pm

("Heh heh, how much for the little girl?, I want to buy your women, sell them to me!")

That's got to be one of the best scenes... ever.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/07 at 5:27 pm

That's got to be one of the best scenes... ever.

I starterd a BB thread on the '80s board!

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 5:37 pm

I starterd a BB thread on the '80s board!

I'll go take a look.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/06/07 at 1:58 am

I hate going to movies that are huge at the box office, don't like being on a band wagon, so i usually try to wait a couple weeks until it slows down and isn't too crowded at the theatre, but sometimes i wait too long and end up having to watch on DVD and miss the big screen experience. I'll try to catch it next weekend maybe or after work next week.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/07 at 10:22 pm

Well..I saw it and it was pretty good. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

Check for new replies or respond here...