inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Computer Gamers?

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/06/07 at 4:38 pm

Guess i'll make my first official post on the forums.  :)  Just wondering if there are any gamers here.  Im currently playing World of Warcraft. 

Subject: Re: Any Computer Gamers?

Written By: annonymouse on 05/06/07 at 9:19 pm

i'm here. i don't play pc games though. i'm a console gamer. xbox 360

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/06/07 at 10:11 pm

thats cool...only recent console games that I realy have played is halo, and that was battle mode.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/06/07 at 11:24 pm

Guess i'll make my first official post on the forums.  :)  Just wondering if there are any gamers here.  Im currently playing World of Warcraft.   

Welcome to the boards. I occasionally play the arcade here, heh heh.

I played EQ from 2002-2005. I retired my shaman at level 65 with 42 AA because, basically, Sony killed my interest in the game. I've also played games like Arena and Daggerfall, though at the end levels you are so ridiculously overpowered (e.g., walk into a town and slaughter every guard in one hit) that they aren't much fun - sort of the opposite of EQ.

I still have Morrowind sitting in the box...

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/07/07 at 12:01 am

I played daggerfall until I got stuck in a bugged dungeon and could not get out for the life of me.  I just ended up being bitten by a vampire over and over again.  I hate games sometimes.  I haven't played EQ, but I enjoy World of Warcraft. 

Kind of funny, this forum is run by the same engine I used to create my website for a guild on the game. 

I haven't played the arcade here, but I tend to go to http://www.addictinggames.com or http://nintendo8.com/toplist/more/

Thanks again 

Written By: spaceace on 05/07/07 at 6:44 am

I've played the Civilization games and I have a very old version of Warcraft.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/07/07 at 10:19 am

I used to play Doom and Quake on the LAN at college.  Now I play on my Xbox and Xbox 360.

I avoid WoW like the plague.  WoW will suck your life away.

Written By: wildcard on 05/07/07 at 10:32 am

I've played Intellivision and Nes-64 I've played some Atari and Sega games now that I can play them on computer.  I play the arcade here sometimes too.

Written By: whistledog on 05/07/07 at 10:33 am

I only play console games on my computer.  Thanks to emulators, I can get Arcade games, and all the old school console games.  I am still addicted to the MAME!

Written By: Mushroom on 05/08/07 at 12:01 am

Wow, wide variety of games played in here.

Myself, for the last year I have been spending most of my time playing Guild Wars.  I like the fact that there is no monthly fee, so I feel free to quit playing for a while.

I also play Civilzation.  I have been playing that game since it first came out, and will probably continue as long as they make new ones.

I also play The Movies, Fable, Sid Meyers Pirates, Axis & Allies (original version - not the RTS ripoff), and of course The Sims 2.

Written By: spaceace on 05/08/07 at 10:32 am

Wow, wide variety of games played in here.

Myself, for the last year I have been spending most of my time playing Guild Wars.  I like the fact that there is no monthly fee, so I feel free to quit playing for a while.

I also play Civilzation.  I have been playing that game since it first came out, and will probably continue as long as they make new ones.

I also play The Movies, Fable, Sid Meyers Pirates, Axis & Allies (original version - not the RTS ripoff), and of course The Sims 2.

Civilization 1 and 3 are the best.  Sid did some wierd graphics in 4 that I'm not too crazy about.

I also have the Original Sims Earth found it only works on older versions of Windows.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/08/07 at 1:52 pm

I never really got into civilization games. 

I play Axis & Allies boardgame, but rarely on the computer. Very gun game though.

Im sure I would attempt to play other games, but World of Warcraft drains my time.  However, its not completely useless, I have met some really good friends from it.  Lan parties are also alot of fun, I remember playing Quake, Counterstrike, and C&C Red Alert alot at them.

Check for new replies or respond here...