inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Subway calls cops over drink-sharing

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/08/07 at 1:53 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/westcoast/4050150a10.html

A bit of an over-reaction don't you think? At best, a simple warning would suffice, but calling the cops over a $4 cup of coke? Must've been a manager desperate to sack someone.

Subject: Re: Subway calls cops over drink-sharing

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/08/07 at 5:54 am

I never was a fan of Subway.  I make it a point to not go there.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/08/07 at 6:24 am

I love their meatball sandwiches. Their tuna sandwiches with cheese and pickles is great as well.

Written By: Marian on 05/08/07 at 3:55 pm

probably some jerk kids who would have cause other kinds of trouble anyway.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/07 at 6:34 pm

Bravo Subway!  That is excellent use of taxpayer dollars!
$5000 of public money to prove a point about $0.50 worth of company money.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Subway's a tough beat, ain't it, Officer Joe!

OK, OK, free soda for you, the employee, not for your friend, I got it.  But how petty can you get?

Anyway, Subway's wrappers double nicely as a barfbag, which is quite convenient!
:P

Written By: Gis on 05/09/07 at 3:22 am

I'm amazed the police ran with this! You'd imagine they would point out it was just a bit of an over reaction............... 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/09/07 at 7:01 am

probably some jerk kids who would have cause other kinds of trouble anyway.
Didn't read the story, did you? ::)
I'm amazed the police ran with this! You'd imagine they would point out it was just a bit of an over reaction............... 
That's what I was thinking.....crime must be REALLY LOW there if they're pursuing this ::)

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/07 at 7:06 am

I can sort of understand her getting fired over that, but being charged for theft of $4?  That's retarted.  
If I was in that girl's shoes, I would have denied the whole thing, then made up some lie about the boss abusing me.  If you can't beat him, then make it look like he beat you :D

Written By: Marian on 05/10/07 at 11:29 am

Didn't read the story, did you? ::)That's what I was thinking.....crime must be REALLY LOW there if they're pursuing this ::)
LOL wrong story.But yeah,there must not have beeb any crininal actuvity near the doughnut shops that day! ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/07 at 6:28 pm

If you can't beat him, then make it look like he beat you :D

If you can't beat 'em...
arrange to have them beaten!

--George Carlin

I remember at the supermarket I worked for in H.S., the management warned any employee who got caught shoplifting would be fired first offense.  I pilfered from that place like crazy!  The managers didn't turn us in because they did the same thing....only worse!  The only time I came close to getting busted was one this hardass assistant manager thought he saw me filch something after closing.
He comes swaggering up to me and says, gleefully, "So Max, we don't have anything that doesn't belong to us, do we?"
I didn't.
And he was palpably disappointed!
;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/14/07 at 9:02 pm

That's pretty ridiculous, I agree. They should've just made her pay for the cost of the extra soda, or at the very most, warned her. Besides, I'm sure the expense of the entire thing went way beyond the initial $4 for the drink.

Check for new replies or respond here...