inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Game Show

Written By: Silversword55 on 05/11/07 at 1:24 pm

Jeopardy
Wheel of fortune
Press Your Luck (2000's)

Subject: Re: Favorite Game Show

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/11/07 at 2:01 pm

I prefer the old game shows...

What's My Line?
To Tell The Truth
Match Game

John Charles Daly and Gene Rayburn were my favorite hosts... :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/07 at 2:12 pm

80s game shows for me ...

♦ Scrabble
♦ $25,000 Pyramid
♦ The New Hollywood Squares

Bob Eubanks and Chuck Woolery were my favourite hosts

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/11/07 at 2:15 pm

I prefer the old game shows...

What's My Line?
To Tell The Truth
Match Game

John Charles Daly and Gene Rayburn were my favorite hosts... :)

Totally agree, I still watch Match Game reruns on GSN, why aren't these shows on now?

Can you imagine a current Match Game with current celebrities as panelists?
Wonder why some producer hasn't already tried to do newer versions of these shows yet?

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/07 at 2:18 pm

Totally agree, I still watch Match Game reruns on GSN, why aren't these shows on now?

Wonder why some producer hasn't already tried to do newer versions of these shows yet?

There was a late 90s Match Game revival with host Michael Burger that was short lived.  Regular panelists included Judy Tenuta, Nell Carter, Vicki Lawrence and George Hamilton, and a frequent guest panelist was soap star Kristoff St. John

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/11/07 at 2:20 pm

I'm guessing that they've not resurrected the show because Gene Rayburn is no longer with us to host it...

I honestly can't imagine anyone else playing his position!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/11/07 at 2:20 pm

There was a late 90s Match Game revival with host Michael Burger that was short lived.  Regular panelists included Judy Tenuta, Nell Carter, Vicki Lawrence and George Hamilton, and a frequent guest panelist was soap star Kristoff St. John

I think I caught one episode of that, and it just wasn't the same without Gene Rayburn!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/11/07 at 2:31 pm

I like the older game shows, as well.

Press Your Luck
Love Connection

but I do like:
The Price Is Right
Wheel Of Fortune
Jeopardy

Written By: star500 on 05/11/07 at 3:16 pm

I really like The Price Is Right. :) It's my favorite game show and just about the only one I watch on TV. I sometimes watch Deal or No Deal too, occasionally.

Written By: Silversword55 on 05/11/07 at 3:23 pm

I also like DoND and TPIR (when Bob barker's the host)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/11/07 at 6:19 pm

I always liked Joker's Wild and Tic Tac Dough.  :)

When I was a kid I dreamed of getting on Joker's Wild and just yanking on that big lever until it snapped off.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 8:01 pm

Since we're talking 2000s and beyond I have to say I like the reality game shows like Survivor, Amazing Race and the Apprentice (although I HATE Donald Trump) 

of conventional game shows I like Jeopardy but prefer Celebrity Jeopardy cuz the questions are easier.
I liked weakest link and prefer Meredith's Millionaire to Regis'

I hate Deal or No Deal and the lame shows like Identity and 1 vs 100.

Fox had a show that lasted exactly one episode it was Rich list or something like that and I did really well at it. I would have tried to get on it if it lasted longer than one night. It's kind of funny though cuz I watched had saw three upcoming shows on my tivo later in the week and the following week and the next day those shows were no longer on the schedule....  >:(

Written By: Dave79 on 05/20/07 at 4:44 am

The Price Is Right ( Bob Barker ) I loved watching those really old 1972-1984 era with Johnny back when Game Show Network would air them. I wonder why they don't anymore??  I barely remember when Johnny Olson was announcing Price and then it was Rod Roddy. Wow Bob has been though 3 announcer's and thousands of shows no wonder he is leaving hes been on there for a long time and has put up with everything!  It might be somewhat odd turning on the tv one morning this fall and not seeing Bob on at 10am anymore.. passing of an era

--Others I like--

25000 Pyramid
Password  (all)
Press Your Luck

--
Dave

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/07 at 6:42 am

I remember back in the early days of The Price is Right when Holly Hallstrom was the hottest thing in game showdom.  I tuned in just to watch her show off the prizes...  :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/20/07 at 1:38 pm

Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and the Match Game.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/20/07 at 3:28 pm

Jeopardy and The Price Is Right.

Written By: Marian on 05/22/07 at 1:28 pm

I watch jeopardy!

Check for new replies or respond here...