inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prostitute killed with hoe

Written By: Mushroom on 05/15/07 at 4:03 pm

Only in California.

This article struck me as so weird and funny (in a sad-twisted way) I just had to share it.  Makes you wonder how Don Imus would have reported it.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_335002654.html?13

Subject: Re: Prostitute killed with hoe

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/07 at 4:09 pm

We must work harder to stop all this hoe-on-hoe violence.

Written By: KittyBass on 05/15/07 at 4:53 pm

Violence on transvestite hookers must happen quite often if they aren't up front about their true sex from the start.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/15/07 at 4:58 pm

Violence on transvestite hookers must happen quite often if they aren't up front about their true sex from the start.

This is something I've wondered for quite some time.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/15/07 at 5:06 pm

It actually happens quite often (straight man unknowingly picks up a TV).  After all, that is what got Eddie Murphy in trouble a few years ago.

Considering this happened in Northridge, he more then likely picked her up at a bus stop.  For the most part, the hookers in the SFV tend to wander around major streets.  The TVs tend to congregate at bus stops, freeway exits, or around parks.

Not that I ever used such "services", but you can't live most of your life in The Valley without seeing them, and noticing where they congregate.

For the most part, violence is quite rare.  Most TVs tend to let their johns know up front what they are (unless they are picked up in an area known for that - like West Hollywood).  I know that when I would drive around LA (or SF when I lived up there), I could usually tell when I entered an area frequented by female prostitutes, or when I entered an area populated by TVs.  If anything, the TVs tended to dress more like the "stereotypical hookers" then the real women did.

In either of those towns, if the prostitute was wearing short skirt, low cut top, and hung out in one area, it was normally a TV, or a cop.  Although there were exceptions.  Most of the time, it was the hookers actions that gave them away more then anything else.

Written By: nally on 05/15/07 at 8:55 pm

It actually happens quite often (straight man unknowingly picks up a TV).  After all, that is what got Eddie Murphy in trouble a few years ago.

Considering this happened in Northridge, he more then likely picked her up at a bus stop.  For the most part, the hookers in the SFV tend to wander around major streets.  The TVs tend to congregate at bus stops, freeway exits, or around parks.

Not that I ever used such "services", but you can't live most of your life in The Valley without seeing them, and noticing where they congregate.

For the most part, violence is quite rare.  Most TVs tend to let their johns know up front what they are (unless they are picked up in an area known for that - like West Hollywood).  I know that when I would drive around LA (or SF when I lived up there), I could usually tell when I entered an area frequented by female prostitutes, or when I entered an area populated by TVs.  If anything, the TVs tended to dress more like the "stereotypical hookers" then the real women did.

In either of those towns, if the prostitute was wearing short skirt, low cut top, and hung out in one area, it was normally a TV, or a cop.  Although there were exceptions.  Most of the time, it was the hookers actions that gave them away more then anything else.

Northridge?? That's where I go to school!! :o :o

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 9:35 pm

Haaa...I thought "that's redundant."

Written By: Red Ant on 05/16/07 at 12:51 am

Makes you wonder how Don Imus would have reported it.

"That beheaded ho"  ???

Written By: philbo on 05/16/07 at 2:41 pm

Just how "up front" would you like 'em to be?

I'm sure there's a sick "hoe-down" joke to be made... hey, ho...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/07 at 4:59 pm

You can always tell apart the TVs because they're the ones with the best makeup, hair-do's, outfits, and chests!
;D

....or so they tell me!

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/07 at 8:08 pm

Just how "up front" would you like 'em to be?

I'm sure there's a sick "hoe-down" joke to be made... hey, ho...

Reminds me of 'Blitzkrieg Bop' by The Ramones ...

"Hey ho, let's go"

Written By: La Roche on 05/16/07 at 8:29 pm

Well, I was already aware that pimpin' ain't easy, but I guess hoe'in ain't either. Dang, I knew I should have worked harder in school.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/17/07 at 1:53 am

Of course this was a serious tragedy, but I guess there is some humorous irony in that headline. You'd think they'd at least say "killed with gardening device" or something.

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 9:39 am

Of course this was a serious tragedy, but I guess there is some humorous irony in that headline. You'd think they'd at least say "killed with gardening device" or something.

Dude, you just gave me the best idea for some kickass death metal

LAWN MOWER MUTILATION!

Thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/07 at 3:02 pm

Excuse me that would be hoe-on-ho' violence thank you very much.... seriously thanks for saying it first cuz I was about to... ;D

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 3:27 pm

Dude, you just gave me the best idea for some kickass death metal

LAWN MOWER MUTILATION!

Thanks!
didn't you ever see that peter jackson movie? not bad taste, the other one.

total lawnmower spree.

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/07 at 4:05 pm

didn't you ever see that peter jackson movie? not bad taste, the other one.

total lawnmower spree.

Peter Jackson?

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 4:18 pm

lord of the rings director. before he went all sellout he used to direct these ridiculously gory cult movies. i'm surprised you don't know about his early stuff, i'd think you'd be quite a fan.

http://tbhl.theonering.net/films/brain_dead_shots.html

***WARNING*** it's kinda gross.

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/07 at 4:21 pm

lord of the rings director. before he went all sellout he used to direct these ridiculously gory cult movies. i'm surprised you don't know about his early stuff, i'd think you'd be quite a fan.

http://tbhl.theonering.net/films/brain_dead_shots.html

***WARNING*** it's kinda gross.

Mike.. I thought you knew.. you and Kay are the movie obsessives, I don't know who acted in it, who directed it or what it's name was, I just know how cool the car chase was.

Check for new replies or respond here...