inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ultimate 00s Rock Band

Written By: Duracell on 05/24/07 at 12:21 pm

My vote: Linkin Park. They started in 2000 with numetal and raprock like Rage Against the Machine, then went toward emo with Meteora and became emo in 2007 with their new CD.

Subject: Re: Ultimate 00s Rock Band

Written By: Satish on 05/24/07 at 8:03 pm

System of a Down..... they're amazing!

Written By: Tim77Gt on 05/24/07 at 10:38 pm

In terms of success (In America atleast) it's definitely "Linkin Park".  They've had a bunch of #1 Modern Rock Hits throughout this decade.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/24/07 at 11:11 pm

I'd probably say Linkin Park as well, they've had crossover success and a diamond album in "Hybrid Theory".

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/07 at 5:05 pm

Finger Eleven

I'm not much of a fan, but they seem to be the talk of the town here in Canada.  Their latest song 'Paralyzer' shattered a record after topping the Canadian Rock Radio chart for 14 consecutive weeks.  It's also currently the #1 song across Canada.  It's a pretty good song, i'd say their best yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYGCT4AQIR0

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/25/07 at 5:06 pm

Yeah, without a doubt it's Linkin Park. Sales wise every album they've come out with this decade has been a huge success. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/25/07 at 5:08 pm

Either Fountains of Wayne, this period's Green Day, or The Killers.

Edit: If we're talking about sales and not personal favorites, probably Coldplay. Although Green Day's American Idiot has been one of the most notable "albums" of the '00s.

Written By: analogue on 05/30/07 at 2:41 pm

I wouldn't say it's fair to call Linkin Park a straight up  rock band cause their not. They mix other styles of music into their sound like Hip hop and electronica.

I never really saw them as a straight up rock band.  Their one of my favorite bands though

and Linkin Park emo? hahahahahahahahahahaha how can they be emo? They have a rapper and a DJ in the band lol

Check for new replies or respond here...