inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How have all these threads about gas prices changed your life?

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/24/07 at 9:35 pm

it's made me feel like i'm having dejavu

Subject: Re: How have all these threads about gas prices changed your life?

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/07 at 2:42 am

They helped up my post count :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/07 at 1:33 pm

it's made me feel like i'm having dejavu

hehehe...Bill, you always make me laugh! ;D

Written By: skittlesking on 05/26/07 at 10:28 pm

They haven't. . .because this is my first time posting in one about Gas. . .what I will say is I think I'm going to get a bike this summer and use my car only to go to bowling or the grocery store. . .I just can't afford gas anymore. . .last month I spent so much on gas (being single with a typical job) that I actually couldn't afford to buy food for the last half of the month, and rent was late. . .And it's gotten much worse this month. . .When I moved to Florida in 2001, I could fill my tank for $17. . . and that's about once a week . . .now, It cost me $42 yesterday to fill that same tank. . .Four times a month is over $160 a month--far exceeding my Student Loan Payment, Insurance, Electricity or Cable Bill. . .and that doesn't even go into the fact that everything else has gone up too. . .When I came down here, Milk was $2.49 a gallon, 2 Liter Soda was $0.89, and my preferred calogne was $21. . .Now, Milk is $3.79, Soda is $1.59, and that calogne is $45 (I've since had to switch on that one, but had to include it because I was very irate when I found out about it). . .The thing is my average paycheck has only gone up about 10%. . .Well, those three examples I just gave went up 33-50%. . .and everything else from my Underwear & Shoes to Movie tickets have done the same thing. . .I simply can't do it anymore. . .I've gotta give up my car, or find a really good paying job, but in today's competitive market--that's easier said than done. . .a little college means nothing now because so many people have a degree of some sort. . .and then employers can't hire a lot of people because profits are down as result of very high inflation that has caused people to have to stretch their dollars further and in effect, make a choice between Milk and Clothes. . .

I think some industries have really been hurt by it.  Come to think of it, since the gas prices first started spiking (9/11), I haven't been to a theme park, a hotel, on an airplane, or to the movies. . .and I've only gone to the Mall when I have to pick up a friend that works there, and one store after another is closing up. . .luxuries just aren't a possibility anymore.

Check for new replies or respond here...